Options

Is the forum in consensus for Sophie as Dorothy?

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she's the most balanced of the remaining girls, that said she was completely under the radar for me until this week. If she's good next week, then yes maybe. I think the problem with her is that she doesn't obviously excel at anything like the other girls, she doesn't have Steph's stage presence, Lauren's voice, Danielle's acting chops/Dorothyness. But then that said I think she's the best all-rounder, unlike Lauren she looks young enough, her singing is more consistent than Danielle and personally I prefer her acting to Steph's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    She's my third choice. I'd probably go and see it if she got the role but I'd have to think about it! I'd definitely go if Danielle or Steph got the role. Not if Lauren did.

I like Sophie but find her acting weak and she has very little stage presence. She's too reserved and doesn't emote very well. She never really looks comfortable. Also, more worryingly, I really doubt she'd get through 8 shows a week for a year - she's a bit too fragile for that and I can't see her holding up under the strain.
  • Options
    lilhunni_Jolilhunni_Jo Posts: 13,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Venetian wrote: »
    Sophie really splits the forum. Personally I find her the weakest of the four. Voice not strong enough and she seems scared. Very beautiful though, different looking. Perhaps she's get a job in TV after this, but a star in the West End, don't think so.

I think she is definitely stronger vocally than Steph and Danielle. Lauren has a different type of voice imo - better probably but less suited to this role. I do agree about the scared point, but I think with so long until the show opens, any of them could win and do a fantastic job, there's plenty time for getting rid of any faults. :)