What's your take on Becky?

13»

Comments

• JanetDevlinUKJanetDevlinUK Posts: 1,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enidan wrote: »
    I write my own songs too, they're rubbish. Any one can, it's easy to write rubbish songs.

If she can't find any meaning to what she is singing, it's all a bit pointless really.

But she connect with ordinary people and irreplaceable.

The songs she has been given on the live shows aren't exactly the kind of songs you can put emotion into this is why I am hoping she finally gets a ballad this week.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    Becky is one of my favourites both singing-wise and personality-wise. I love her enthusiasm and I love her voice.

She was a bit off on the group number so I'm hoping a slow song won't expose tuning issues but she's always been fine on her main songs.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I don't like her voice.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    Becky is one of my favourites both singing-wise and personality-wise. I love her enthusiasm and I love her voice.

She was a bit off on the group number so I'm hoping a slow song won't expose tuning issues but she's always been fine on her main songs.

I feel sorry for Becky is becouse on talent shows if you can sing and have personality (Becky can sing and has personality rare that people have the combination of voice and persionality that she has) you get accused of being cocky and having attitude if you have both.

This week song choice is very important as Jessie hinted it looks like we could be getting a ballad this week hope it is a song that can show her vocal power without running around the stage.
  • lovelylissalovelylissa Posts: 1,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    compspc wrote: »
    Would love to hear her sing an early Shirley Manson tune - Vow, Queer, Medication.

Hell yes to this!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One more thing I would like to add to my last post is when she does a ballad she will be able to show even more stage presence like she did in the auditions and the battle rounds.
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trebor1973 wrote: »
    Must be something wrong with my ears. How is everyone saying Becky is good. She has an awful voice. Like she's just come out of a night club after smoking and drinking too much. Sounds very much like that Adele, and we don't want another one of her thanks very much.

Well, you might not like Adele's voice, but she's been both commercially successful and critically acclaimed. If you asked any record label if they want another Adele, I think the answer would be a loud and clear yes. If you're right in your comparison, then Becky's career prospects must look rosy indeed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, you might not like Adele's voice, but she's been both commercially successful and critically acclaimed. If you asked any record label if they want another Adele, I think the answer would be a loud and clear yes. If you're right in your comparison, then Becky's career prospects must look rosy indeed.

Think she was trolling. :o