Options

Your favourites that never made the live shows

Comments

• Options
    Nobby BurtonNobby Burton Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The papers were hardly going to run a story about Lascel Wood being kicked off the X Factor before we'd even seen his audition on TV
  • Options
    EdgarKEdgarK Posts: 1,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    That ageing rocker from last year David Wilder who sang Life On Mars at his audition : he would have been miles better than that muppet Frankie Cocozza on the live shows.

I'd agree David Wilder was more than good enough to be given a spot at someone's expense. Not Frankie's, though, and they weren't in the same category anyhow.
  • Options
    Kuda_KunakaKuda_Kunaka Posts: 2,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gamu Nhengu
  • Options
    LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have came back this year hoping for the best.
    Melanie Mccabe
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hannah Bradbeer, I think she just had unfortunate timing and any other year probably would've made it.

Both Hannah and Laura had 'jazz' voices, so I guess there was only room for one:(

From the same year, I thought both James Williams and Suzy Furlonger were stronger singers than Daniel Evans - but of course Daniel had the sob story...:cool:
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJgp6L5yE0Y

I remember thinking she would win the entire show when I heard this audition. She was crazy beautiful too..

Steph Woods too!! I spoke to Steph alot after the show, and she reapplied a few years later and didn't even make it to the judges!
  • Options
    monrosemonrose Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was so unhappy when Ethan Boroian wasn't picked in 2009
  • Options
    LunarLegendLunarLegend Posts: 3,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJgp6L5yE0Y

I remember thinking she would win the entire show when I heard this audition. She was crazy beautiful too..

Steph Woods too!! I spoke to Steph alot after the show, and she reapplied a few years later and didn't even make it to the judges!

Steph was so much better than the girls who made the live shows.

What did the judges ever see in Emily? :o
  • Options
    troy4783troy4783 Posts: 3,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duane Lamonte he was so good should have definitely got through over Rikki in season 6
  • Options
    rachymacrachymac Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would've liked to see Ethan Boroian go through over the likes of Lloyd and Rikki in his year...

Also, I really liked The Estrelles from last year. Speaking of last year, John Wilding was robbed too. :(

Ethan and John are probably my top 2. I also really loved Charlie... I think he was series 4?
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    Ethan Boroian & Despina Pilavakis were the 2 I REALLY liked that never made it, I was pretty gutted neither got through.

Holly Repton was another act I really loved, but the standard of the girls was so high last year that it was probably justified she didn't make it, although any other year I think she would have deserved a place.
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    Melanie McCabe.
  • Options
    unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keri Arandell
    Holly Repton
    Ghostt
    Yuli Minguel
    Charlie (Series 4)
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Wilder being shunted in favour of Frankie Cocozza was nothing short of ludicrous.

I feel Melanie McCabe should have been in ahead of Sophie Habibis too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Princes and Rogues!
  • Options
    monrosemonrose Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unclekevo wrote: »
    Keri Arandell
    Holly Repton
    Ghostt
    Yuli Minguel
    Charlie (Series 4)

Yuli Minguel was offered the wildcard position but turned it down. I wish she said yes so then we wouldn't have been induced to Wagner
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melanie McCabe - Talent and potential.
  • Options
    Dreamer27Dreamer27 Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    See I don't understand the Melanie McCabe, I think she's got a pretty good voice but she doesn't stand out to me as a star. Maybe if she gets to the lives i'll get it a little more.

One girl from last year, Holly Repton - Although at the time I think it was right she didn't get through I think with some work and getting a bit more confidence she could do well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O240Pr112Fg&feature=channel&list=UL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    My two past favourites are from Series 3. I really liked Hari when she came back on her own after splitting from Eskimo Blonde when they had failed at judge’s houses the year before. I was disappointed that we never saw her in the live shows, especially when some people who make it through are just awful!

Also, I love the Dolly Rockers and I am so glad that they are working on their debut album. I can’t wait to download it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Dreamer27 wrote: »
    See I don't understand the Melanie McCabe, I think she's got a pretty good voice but she doesn't stand out to me as a star. Maybe if she gets to the lives i'll get it a little more.

One girl from last year, Holly Repton - Although at the time I think it was right she didn't get through I think with some work and getting a bit more confidence she could do well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O240Pr112Fg&feature=channel&list=UL

i like melanie but more i hear her you tube tracks i think she would be more suited to the west end, i could really see her in burlesque style of musical
  • Options
    Shannon_BurnettShannon_Burnett Posts: 263
    Forum Member
    Yuli Minguel and also the woman who was studying to be a horse dentist, I can't remember her name.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 289
    Forum Member
    Yuli Minguel was one of my favourites this year it was a pity she didn't take the wildcard place that year.

Also from the same year Keri Arindell and Raquel Thomas I always thought she was so underrated and with a bit of confidence she would be superb.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I forgot to mention Gamu - such a shame she didn't try again :(
  • Options
    Carlisle156Carlisle156 Posts: 23,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    - Steph Wood
    - Treyc Cohen ( I know she got through the year after just, but she SHOULD have gone through that year. I think Simon would've handled her much better. :( )
    - Raquel Thomas
    - Joe Cox
    - Princes & Rogues
    - Ethan Boroian
    - Nicole Jackson

The list goes on... LOL. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Princes and Rogues had been put through (instead of FYD) they would still have struggled for votes against the more popular One Direction :confused: