Options

Watchdog BBC ONE Wednesday 1st May 2013

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    why couldn't you use a pen?

I thought you have to use a printed label. Not sure what info you put on other wise.

But it was only 15p so no problem money wise.
  • Options
    Roland MouseRoland Mouse Posts: 9,531
    Forum Member
    So they banned that advert for being misleading but not one for a FIXED TERM contract that wasn't fixed for the term of the contract!
  • Options
    guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Years ago I used to get my bulk ink refills from a place in Guernsey!

So it's your fault! :p:D

Ah yes..I remember the company, can't remember the name of it though...hmmmm that'll annoy me now..:(
  • Options
    storminmikestorminmike Posts: 46,928
    Forum Member
    I thought you have to use a printed label. Not sure what info you put on other wise.

But it was only 15p so no problem money wise.

never sent stuff back to amazon I guess so I'm probably not savvy to the returns procedure
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the previous company are all over the internet for clocking cars...or so the search engine says
  • Options
    BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,553
    Forum Member
    Not sure which one looks the prat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm ray....charles....I'm blind to the faults
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just give us a few mins to call the police. :)
  • Options
    mountymounty Posts: 19,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just run off 'Ray' you know you want to
  • Options
    Forum Member
    never sent stuff back to amazon I guess so I'm probably not savvy to the returns procedure

ARRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

It's more fun chewing your own leg off and beating yourself about the head with it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BellaRosa wrote: »
    Not sure which one looks the prat.

It's Allwrong and his team of tedious twerps.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't stand when people like that call the police. Hopefully people won't buy from them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It is not up to the police to ask you to leave, that is for the owners to do and then after which you are trespassing, which is a civil offence not a criminal one.

The police can and should only watch so that any forced used if needed to eject you, is reasonable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well that really showed United didn't it ... gave them over £3,000 for a knackered car and then get booted off by the fuzz. Nice work Watchdog :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Seen the exploding washing machines before.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well that really showed United didn't it ... gave them over £3,000 for a knackered car and then get booted off by the fuzz. Nice work Watchdog :mad:

OUR bloody money...... Unless AR dipped into her own change purse. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I know. Apart from the few viewers who now not going to buy from them and are near enough to buy from the in the first place., hardly anything bad is going to happen to them.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The ink cartridge feature was a bit of a nonsense. I don't know anyone who buys cartridges from their printer manufacturer.
    I've an Epson printer which takes six cartridges. I can get a full set plus an extra black for less than Epson charge for one cartridge an the quality is superb.
    There are many companies which supply replacement cartridges.
    The company I use actually let me choose which colours I want rather than the deal, which is one of each and and extra black.
    I've had this printer for four years and have never bought an Epson cartridge from the manufacturer.
    The printer manufacturers often sell printers at a low price hoping that you'll buy their cartridges, which is where they really make the money.
    Mine's quite cute, when any cartridge is running low, a message pops up and all I have to do, if I choose, is to click on it and it will connect me to Epson to order new cartridges. But I just close the window.
    What makes me smile, occasionally when I change a cartridge a message pops up asking "This is not an Epson cartridge, do you still want to use it?"
    Do me a favour what do you think?

Occasionally I get a message saying "this printer has gone beyond it's useable life, please take it to an Epson service department." (or words to that effect), then stops you from using it.
    But I found out that by pressing three particular buttons at the same time, I'm back in business.

Not daft, are they, these printer manufacturers?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Never had a problem with Amazon returning faulty stuff that they stock. They even refunded my postage.
    The problem arises with a third party seller.
    I had a hell of a job getting the address of a supplier of a small amplifier which went faulty. Their e-mail responses seem to be automated (a bit like T Mart) unless you ask the right question, you can go round in circles.

Eventually I got it and the supplier was as good as gold. Just sent me another one.

Rarely watch this programme.
    Has Ann Robinson got some new new teeth and is Chris Hollins really that bad?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know. Apart from the few viewers who now not going to buy from them and are near enough to buy from the in the first place., hardly anything bad is going to happen to them.

I bet they still get people buy from them tho. As someone said earlier they should just name and shame and not hand money over... they are just lining the con-mans pockets, as I assume, they do not get the money back.
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ink cartridge wise, I bought a job lot from Ebay or Amazon (one of the two, can't remember which) for my multifunction Brother (printer/scanner/copier) - not the official Brother ones but their compatible. I got I think 3 lots of each colour and black and they've lasted me well over a year, with a couple of each kind spare still left and for the lot it cost me under £20.

Multifunction printers you can now get on the high street for around or just under £50, so even if the cheap, non manufacturer cartridges might slightly damage your printer (which they havent seemed to have done to mine, as far as I know), it'd probably still be cheaper to buy and use the cheap inks and every few years or so possibly buy a new printer if necessary, for the price they cost these days (pardon the schpiel).
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The ink cartridge feature was a bit of a nonsense. I don't know anyone who buys cartridges from their printer manufacturer.
    I've an Epson printer which takes six cartridges. I can get a full set plus an extra black for less than Epson charge for one cartridge an the quality is superb.
    There are many companies which supply replacement cartridges.
    The company I use actually let me choose which colours I want rather than the deal, which is one of each and and extra black.
    I've had this printer for four years and have never bought an Epson cartridge from the manufacturer.
    The printer manufacturers often sell printers at a low price hoping that you'll buy their cartridges, which is where they really make the money.
    Mine's quite cute, when any cartridge is running low, a message pops up and all I have to do, if I choose, is to click on it and it will connect me to Epson to order new cartridges. But I just close the window.

What makes me smile, occasionally when I change a cartridge a message pops up asking "This is not an Epson cartridge, do you still want to use it?"
    Do me a favour what do you think?

Occasionally I get a message saying "this printer has gone beyond it's useable life, please take it to an Epson service department." (or words to that effect), then stops you from using it.
    But I found out that by pressing three particular buttons at the
    same time, I'm back in business.

Not daft, are they, these printer manufacturers?

I put some Epsom cartridges in my printer and got the message that they r not Epsom cartridges. They don't even recognise their own :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Ink cartridge wise, I bought a job lot from Ebay or Amazon (one of the two, can't remember which) for my Brother printer/scanner/photocopier - not the official Brother ones but their compatible. I got I think 3 lots of each colour and black and they've lasted me well over a year, with a couple of each kind spare still left and for the lot it cost me under £20.

Multifunction printers you can now get on the high street for around or just under £50, so even if the cheap, non manufacturer cartridges might slightly damage your printer (which they havent seemed to have done to mine, as far as I know), it'd probably still be cheaper to buy and use the cheap inks and every few years or so possibly buy a new printer if necessary, for the price they cost these days (pardon the schpiel).

I looked at the first batch of cartridges I bought and compared them with the originals and they looked exactly the same, right down to the exposed chip.

If you think about it, do the printer manufacturers actual make the cartridges or do they outsource them and just have their name put on them?

The company making them for the printer manufacturer could easily supply the same cartridge to any other distributor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hansue wrote: »
    I put some Epsom cartridges in my printer and got the message that they r not Epsom cartridges. They don't even recognise their own :eek:
    That usually means the chip just needs a bit of a wipe-over, with some meths or similar.
  • Options
    hansuehansue Posts: 14,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That usually means the chip just needs a bit of a wipe-over, with some meths or similar.

Thanks will bear that in mind. It did accept them eventually.