Looks Like Israel - Gaza Is Back On

2»

Comments

• reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Just as well israel have superior weapons and a fantastic army as they'd be annihilated by islamic fundamentalists otherwise

Yeah its not like israel is trying to cleanse palestinians from their own land, they are completely benign all they do is defend themselves
  • jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member
    reglip wrote: »
    Yeah its not like israel is trying to cleanse palestinians from their own land, they are completely benign all they do is defend themselves

Jews were ethnically cleansed from Arabs for over 1,000 years and and Gaza was declared 'Jew free' by Hamas.

What about the Faisal–Weizmann Agreement in which Jordan was meant to divided between Palestinians and Jordanians but instead the Heshminite Saudi stole the land.

http://youtu.be/iq3S1CDhIzw
  • SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wake me when Israel vs Palestine isn't 'on' anymore.

I'm surprised people can still muster the energy to care about it, really. For almost everyone posting here it's been happening their entire lives and won't be stopping anytime soon.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back on? When is it anything else. It's just the level of conflict that changes.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    reglip wrote: »

They're defending themselves and a democratic society from a bunch of murdering lunatics who use children as cannon fodder.

The land issue is bull shit. They want israel wiped off the map. That's a fact.
  • MrQuikeMrQuike Posts: 18,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're defending themselves and a democratic society from a bunch of murdering lunatics who use children as cannon fodder.

This Hadith is built into the Hamas Charter:

"The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews, when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (the Boxthorn tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews. " wiki.

Their founding document is genocidal.
  • reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member

Both sides are fighting over land ownership are you really that uninformed?
  • 2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any solutions and ideas forthcoming from other posters?
    Forum Member
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    Any solutions and ideas forthcoming from other posters?

http://youtu.be/iq3S1CDhIzw

Jordanian activist Mudar Zahran has decent solution. He wants a secular government and a Jordian Palestinian state. He has different opinion to some Muslims as wants peace with Israel and the 1919 Faisal–Weizmann Agreement in which Jordan would be a Arab state for Palestinians and new the created Jordanians. Still to this day the Hashamites refuse Palestinian Arabs citizenship and access to the better jobs etc.

His twitter feed is worth reading https://twitter.com/Mudar_Zahran
  • alfamalealfamale Posts: 10,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QT 3.14 wrote: »
    Just goes to show how biased and anti-Israeli the BBC actually is. They don't wheel out their 'Breaking News' banner when Hamas fires an unguided rocket into Israel, yet when Israel uses state-of-the-art guided munitions to target Hamas and those responsible it's instantly 'breaking news'.

Or alternatively shows how biased and anti-Palestine you are. Assuming there was a missile its probably no bigger than the fireworks i bought from sainsburys. Israel control everything that goes into Gaza, including building materials (so there's no hope of palestine ever rebuilding the thousands of houses israel flattened), and since the current pro-west Egyptian govt took power and shut its border with Gaza these missiles have got smaller and smaller.

So on the basis there's no proof of a palestinian missile, absolutely no proof it came from hamas (if my home had been flattened bhy israel for no reason sadly i think i could be tempted to make a home-made missile) but there is proof israel bombed a hamas, as i'm guessing it was israel who informed the media, how else were the BBC meant to report it? Except exactly as sky news. itv and other western news agencies will?
  • phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrQuike wrote: »
    This Hadith is built into the Hamas Charter:

"The Day of Judgement will not come about until Muslims fight the Jews, when the Jew will hide behind stones and trees. The stones and trees will say O Muslims, O Abdullah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him. Only the Gharkad tree, (the Boxthorn tree) would not do that because it is one of the trees of the Jews. " wiki.

Their founding document is genocidal.

....or horticultural :o
    Forum Member
    alfamale wrote: »
    Or alternatively shows how biased and anti-Palestine you are. Assuming there was a missile its probably no bigger than the fireworks i bought from sainsburys. Israel control everything that goes into Gaza, including building materials (so there's no hope of palestine ever rebuilding the thousands of houses israel flattened), and since the current pro-west Egyptian govt took power and shut its border with Gaza these missiles have got smaller and smaller.

It doesn't make any difference as the Egypt brokered peace ceasefire was an agreement that Hamas would cease hostiles towards Israel. By firing a missile at Israel then the peace agreement has been breached.

The Rafah Crossing from Egypt into West Bank was put under control of the Palestinian Authority, as part of the peace plan they were meant to keep it safe and prevent terrorist attacks. Egypt closed the Rafah crossing because of terrorist attacks in October.

Post-war Hamas was given $500m for rebuilding and has been using the materials to build more smuggling tunnels and bunkers. They have then been selling the materials to the people Gaza rather than giving them away free. So Hamas having the aid provided to prepare for another offense on Israel which was not the purpose they were meant for.

So on the basis there's no proof of a palestinian missile, absolutely no proof it came from hamas (if my home had been flattened bhy israel for no reason sadly i think i could be tempted to make a home-made missile) but there is proof israel bombed a hamas, as i'm guessing it was israel who informed the media, how else were the BBC meant to report it? Except exactly as sky news. itv and other western news agencies will?

The site was a Hamas training faciilty. The people who build the rockets are Al-Qassam which in the military wing of Hamas.

FYI, Egypt recently destroyed home in Gaza due to terrorist attacks and have now started building a separation wall to keep the terrorists out. Terrorism from Gaza doesn't only effect Israel.
  • SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah.... how many phone calls does Hamas make to warn people they are going to get bombed?

Perhaps a letter?

What, nothing?

Smoke signals?

Not even this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92d1xtjXf8E

So it's acceptable to bomb a civilian area as long as you give them a courtesy call in advance?
    What happens if you miss the call or are elderly or ill and can't get out in time? Theyll be killed...but it's ok in Israels eyes because they can justify it by saying there were Hamas fighters in the area and it's their fault the civilians got killed.

They claim that Hamas are using human shields to protect their rocket sites so any collateral damage is the fault of Hamas and they'll just go ahead and bomb the site anyway.
    What if Hamas was to capture a load of Israelis and hold them as human shields? Do you think Israel would be willing to just bomb them and blame their deaths on Hamas? Somehow I think not!