Tomasz Schafernaker swearing on air (merged)

Comments

• Caffe LatteCaffe Latte Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Rubbish, it's a lighthearted bit of banter and ANYONE who complains needs to get a life.

indeed... no doubt someone who hasn't seen it, will be offended :rolleyes:
  • Chris123Chris123 Posts: 2,533
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    "In May 2008 a clearly unimpressed Schafernaker tore his earpiece out after proclaiming 'Well I don't know if I'm on air or not so Gary over to you.'"

Who the heck is Gary?? Shouldn't that be GALLERY? Dear oh dear, if you are going to quote a gaffe, at least get it right! Useless rag.

Noticed that too, you would have thought that if they are going to highlight mistakes bade by someone you would get the mistake right!

Video made me chuckle!!
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubbish, it's a lighthearted bit of banter and ANYONE who complains needs to get a life.

Agreed...he is lovely and looks great in shorts;)
  • Miasima GoriaMiasima Goria Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    The clip is now featured on the Sun's homepage. Cue outrage.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The clip is now featured on the Sun's homepage. Cue outrage.
    Yes, the "outraged by proxy" people will be composing their letters of complaint as we write.

Line up please, under Starter's Orders for the Witch Hunters Stakes ........
  • Miasima GoriaMiasima Goria Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I note the Mirror is playing up the gay angle, wonder why?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And I wonder what relevance to the story is the fact that he is Polish as told in the DMail
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    And I wonder what relevance to the story is the fact that he is Polish as told in the DMail

Its a lift from his wiki bio. Maybe its relevant to uncover where he learned to do that on tv?

He does seem to like pushing his luck. Most presenters treat live mikes and cameras with caution but he seems to get off on taking risks. Not surprising he gets caught out ocassionally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This was the bit I found quite interesting in the article...
    Ed Taylor, a spokesperson for Ofcom said there had been no complaints about the incident.

Wait until the Daily Mail readers read the article....go on youtube...watch the video :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Its a lift from his wiki bio. Maybe its relevant to uncover where he learned to do that on tv?
    Or maybe it has no bearing at all on the story, especially as the Mail article doesn't even hint at that, never mind explore it ..... oh hang on, that would mean something approaching proper journalism though.
    He does seem to like pushing his luck. Most presenters treat live mikes and cameras with caution but he seems to get off on taking risks.
    Maybe, but maybe he's got a fun personality (thta does come cross actually), and maybe he "gets off" by being a fun person, nothing at all to do with taking risks. Couple that with an impish sense of humour from the likes of Simon McCoy and Carrie Gracie (who generally seem to be around when these things happen) and you get plenty of opportunity for foot ijn mouth moments.

It just shows that they are all human I suppose, rather than stiff and starchy automatons.
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Maybe, but maybe he's got a fun personality (thta does come cross actually), and maybe he "gets off" by being a fun person, nothing at all to do with taking risks. Couple that with an impish sense of humour from the likes of Simon McCoy and Carrie Gracie (who generally seem to be around when these things happen) and you get plenty of opportunity for foot ijn mouth moments.

It just shows that they are all human I suppose, rather than stiff and starch automatons.

Well I suppose the weather on the BBC is light entertainment anyway. Anyone serious about the weather has migrated to the internet.
  • SOLSOL Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He should get booted now. This is the third time he's been unprofessional. He's just a complete bitch!
  • The SnakesThe Snakes Posts: 8,940
    Forum Member
    He should be fired for using the American single finger instead of the traditional British two fingers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 540
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really do not think he will be sacked, a slap on the wrist and a warning, maybe he could do an awful shift for a week or two?

This would have been more of a story if it was during the news at 6pm on BBC One, with a bigger audience and the possibility of younger children watching.
  • xtradjxtradj Posts: 875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fact is he is a News presenter for a big News Channel. Kids may have been watching and gestures like that are unacceptable. I doubt he will be around long.
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fairly anti-BBC however I thought that was classic. Well done him. :D
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xtradj wrote: »
    Fact is he is a News presenter for a big News Channel. Kids may have been watching and gestures like that are unacceptable. I doubt he will be around long.

http://images.tribe.net/tribe/upload/photo/f60/6ad/f606ad58-47f5-4488-8254-722341a4b726 :D

I hope he keeps his job, stuff the kids. This has been the best thing on TV for years. :D
  • CoolboyACoolboyA Posts: 10,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    And he posed for Attitude Magazine too.

He's a gay foreigner, no doubt on benefits and living in a house with his 435 kids
    The Mail covered this story too :P BBC weatherman Tomasz Schafernaker shocks bosses after posing in gay magazine in skimpy shorts

However, who cares when he looks like that ;) The weather has suddenly become more interesting...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets get a bit of perspective here....What was the director doing cutting to Schafernaker in the weather studio at that point anyway as (s)he would be able to see exactly what he was doing on their bank of monitors in the gallery. Likewise it appeared as though McCoy and Schafernaker could clearly see one another on their preview monitors.

I'd say that despite the Daily wails shouts of sack him...find out who put him on live TV at that moment in the first place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *marv* wrote: »
    No its his middle finger
    Still frame

looks like the index finger to me! not sure what that means.. out!?!
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's admitted that it was a rude gesture, which means it was the middle finger...
  • mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    GeorgeS wrote: »
    Well I suppose the weather on the BBC is light entertainment anyway. Anyone serious about the weather has migrated to the internet.

Where they get the same information!:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark. wrote: »
    He's admitted that it was a rude gesture, which means it was the middle finger...

err no it doesn’t just means he's a dick and doesn’t understand that the index finger isn't flipping the bird..
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CoolboyA wrote: »
    The Mail covered this story too :P BBC weatherman Tomasz Schafernaker shocks bosses after posing in gay magazine in skimpy shorts

However, who cares when he looks like that ;) The weather has suddenly become more interesting...

Tomasz looked mighty fine in those Attitude pics!

He was back doing the weather forecasts today, and rightly so
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,672
    Forum Member
    mikw wrote: »
    Where they get the same information!:)
    Look into a website called Netweather, especially the forums. Now that is a great source for weather news and views. Some real experienced pros on there with daily analysis of what the models are showing. It won't make the TV forecasts redundant because frankly a lot of it is too technical for Average Joe, but for those that feel unfulfilled by the dumbed down TV forecasts (and for what it's worth the BBC are not the worst offenders) then it's a great alternative. The Weather Outlook is another good one. There's a whole wealth of weather information on the internet should you choose to seek it, and yes, much more in depth than a 2 minute TV forecast.