Options

Easiest/Least stressful jobs

andersonsonsonandersonsonson Posts: 6,454
Forum Member
I think its probably sales assistants, you smile, scan, and then take payment. No moving, work inside a cosy shop, pretty easy.

Comments

• Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find doorwork very easy, 99% of the time you're just standing around, talking to people and having fun. I also found gardening/landscaping to be very stress free.
  • Options
    WanderinWonderWanderinWonder Posts: 3,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find doorwork very easy, 99% of the time you're just standing around, talking to people and having fun. I also found gardening/landscaping to be very stress free.

Doorwork would be many people's idea of hell on Earth! All that awkwardness, confrontation, and all that pressure to be sociable non-stop. :eek: Give me a quiet admin job shoved in a corner any day. :) I think people have very different ideas of what's easy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doorwork would be many people's idea of hell on Earth! All that awkwardness, confrontation, and all that pressure to be sociable non-stop. :eek: Give me a quiet admin job shoved in a corner any day. :) I think people have very different ideas of what's easy.

Now the admin job shoved in a corner would be my idea of hell! I'd end up getting stressed through sheer boredom! I need a bit of variety and excitement.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bed tester in a bed factory. Just lie on the bed to see if it's comfy and fall asleep. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A food critic would be pretty cool.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A food critic would be pretty cool.
    There's the risk of eating something nasty though.
  • Options
    feckitfeckit Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Radio presenter/DJ
    2 hours work a day playing a set list of songs for years and years. Cushty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    There's the risk of eating something nasty though.

As in nasty tasting or likely to make you ill? Or both? There's no popular food that I wouldn't try.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As in nasty tasting or likely to make you ill? Or both? There's no popular food that I wouldn't try.
    Nasty in something that doesn't taste nice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    feckit wrote: »
    Radio presenter/DJ
    2 hours work a day playing a set list of songs for years and years. Cushty.

Yes, but if you host the morning show you have to get up horrendously early.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Now the admin job shoved in a corner would be my idea of hell! I'd end up getting stressed through sheer boredom! I need a bit of variety and excitement.

I like variety too, just not the confrontational kind. :D
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think its probably sales assistants, you smile, scan, and then take payment. No moving, work inside a cosy shop, pretty easy.

I used to work in IKEA doing that.

It wasn't easy.

Any job that involves dealing with the Great British public as your main duty is not stress-free.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    Nasty in something that doesn't taste nice.

Being oriental, I tend to eat everything!
  • Options
    LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    Can't say I agree that some of the least stressful jobs can't be stressful, but I think we'd all agree that the 10 most stressful ones look pretty stressful!

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/bulletin/10-most-stressful-and-10-least-stressful-jobs-of-2013/13177
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like variety too, just not the confrontational kind. :D

Doesn't bother me at all Tbh. I find it easy to deal with and more often than not can turn a confrontational situation into a positive one.
  • Options
    LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member

Dealing with the general public is far from stress free I can assure you.
  • Options
    Enfant TerribleEnfant Terrible Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duvet tester?

Nah. Film critic. You get the whole pre-press blurb package anyway, so all you have to do is come up with a few clever soundbites combined with some half baked philosophical notes, and make sure your review contains the phrase "Film of the Year!!" or "Totally Awesome, this will blow you away!!" followed by five stars and hey presto, the newspaper you work for is on the cinema poster. Job done.

I bet most of them do it with their eyes closed, and get very good money for it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My current job. I'm feckin' here all day!
  • Options
    Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Being a famous British Youtuber. Get paid shit loads and get invited to loads of cool parties just for acting all cute in a 3 minute video. Not bad!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duvet tester?

Nah. Film critic. You get the whole pre-press blurb package anyway, so all you have to do is come up with a few clever soundbites combined with some half baked philosophical notes, and make sure your review contains the phrase "Film of the Year!!" or "Totally Awesome, this will blow you away!!" followed by five stars and hey presto, the newspaper you work for is on the cinema poster. Job done.

I bet most of them do it with their eyes closed, and get very good money for it.

I think being a film critic is a tad more involved than that! :D
  • Options
    xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorting through old archives at a museum.
  • Options
    d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    Can't say I agree that some of the least stressful jobs can't be stressful, but I think we'd all agree that the 10 most stressful ones look pretty stressful!

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/bulletin/10-most-stressful-and-10-least-stressful-jobs-of-2013/13177

Librarian must be the least stressful job ever (although with so many library closures it might be stressful worrying if you'll still have a job in the next financial year)

i think the most stressful must be a an Air Traffic Controller :eek:
  • Options
    Enfant TerribleEnfant Terrible Posts: 4,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think being a film critic is a tad more involved than that! :D

Oh I'm not talking about the few really good ones like Mark Kermode or anything, more your bog standard coming up with the same boring cliches all year long kind. They still make it on to the posters :D
  • Options
    pugamopugamo Posts: 18,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Full time mummy *hides*
  • Options
    Hugh JarseHugh Jarse Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    ITV football pundit. With all the interminable ad breaks, pre/post match interviews with players & managers etc., they have about 10 minutes of air time to fill, talking about something they love. And now Keano's taken the Ireland job, they don't even have to cope with him glaring at them when they talk. What a doddle of a job.