Comments

• Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Love Iveta
  • Options
    Tall PaulTall Paul Posts: 8,786
    Forum Member
    Count me in as well as Iveta is such a sweetheart. Hope the BBC make her a permanent pro and although I am no Aliona basher I do think now she has had her day.
  • Options
    MischeM6MischeM6 Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I too would like Iveta to return next year, but I also think we're all warming to her over Karen for the exact reason that she is a temporary pro, and that she has been good with her temporary partner. If she had been here from the start, we'd probably not quite like her as much as we do, in my opinion.
    I definitely think however, that IF Johnny is still in the competition when Aliona returns, that Iveta should continue to partner him anyway, as we have actually not really seen much of Johnny and Aliona together at all.
  • Options
    JohnCurryJohnCurry Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Im an Iveta fan she soo lovely, I hope she gets a place on next years SCD.

Ditto for me. A lot of latin women dancers get a polished, hard look, but Iveta has a youthful charm which belies her 30 or 31 years. She and her partner Gherman Mustuc were World Professional 10 Dance (i.e. Latin and Ballroom) Champions in 2008 and 2009. Successful 10-Dance dancers are ideal for this show, so Iveta would be well qualified (perhaps even the best qualified).

Incidentally, Brendan doesn't seem to have a regular professional partner, and I have always regarded him as a 10-Dance man.

Maybe we should have a poll on this thread, but I have no idea where they come from.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,697
    Forum Member
    JohnCurry wrote: »
    Ditto for me. A lot of latin women dancers get a polished, hard look, but Iveta has a youthful charm which belies her 30 or 31 years. She and her partner Gherman Mustuc were World Professional 10 Dance (i.e. Latin and Ballroom) Champions in 2008 and 2009. Successful 10-Dance dancers are ideal for this show, so Iveta would be well qualified (perhaps even the best qualified).

Incidentally, Brendan doesn't seem to have a regular professional partner, and I have always regarded him as a 10-Dance man.

Maybe we should have a poll on this thread, but I have no idea where they come from.

She is a lovely, and very well qualified tens dancer - she dances beautifully. Would love to see her in SCD over Aliona.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tangoqueen wrote: »
    She is a lovely, and very well qualified tens dancer - she dances beautifully. Would love to see her in SCD over Aliona.

I agree with that 100% Tangoqueen.
    There was a rumour going round that Aliona has faked the seriousness of the injury because she didnt want to dance with Johnny and she wanted to go on holiday with a friend and in fact has gone on holiday which hasnt amused the BBC much. Perhaps she has dealt herself the axe from the show. Please.
  • Options
    Claire-001Claire-001 Posts: 2,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Totally agree with this. Much prefer her to nicky's partner. Please please sign her up for next year!
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,419
    Forum Member
    Can we have her instead of the new girl Karen next year please. I feel so sorry for Nicky having someone whose choreography is so bad.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a rumour going round that Aliona has faked the seriousness of the injury because she didnt want to dance with Johnny and she wanted to go on holiday with a friend and in fact has gone on holiday which hasnt amused the BBC much. Perhaps she has dealt herself the axe from the show. Please.

The key word there is rumour. I don't see how she could have gone on holiday for too long seeing as she was in the audience last night and last week, and willing to skype ITT during the week, so she's not shirking any Strictly commitments that she can do...

Many people here said as soon as she was injured that she was far too optimistic in thinking she'd be back in 2 weeks, and it would be more like 4-6, which has turned out to be the case.

Johnny is quite clearly the 'dud' male out of the bunch in terms of likelihood of reaching the final, that much was clear from the launch show. He's not the only bad dancer, but he's not going to get the popular vote like I think Nicky will. So Aliona always had a high likelihood of a short run, deservedly so as she's got to the final 2 years in a row. She had nothing to gain from faking a serious injury, and I highly doubt any doctor would help her do so, particularly as she had cameras following her to the hospital. She doesn't have to sit around all day to recover from a leg injury, she just can't dance, so the BBC have no grounds for being annoyed if she has taken a break. She's booked for the Christmas Special already so they can't be that annoyed at her...

I think it's very sad that rumours like that are perpetuated at all. People are of course entitled to like and dislike whomever they please, but spreading rumours (which of course aren't proven fact at all) is a bit unnecessary in my opinion.
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    I think Iveta comes across as a lovely person and her dance credentials are beyond reproach. She has been very supportive with Johnny, and it would be great to see her with someone whom she can challenge further. If she wants to and can, I'd like her to come back next year.
  • Options
    StarpussStarpuss Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I support this too. She is lovely. Classy and kind. He dress was fab on Saturday night too!
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Don't know how... Don't want to lose anyone else... But I really want to keep Iveta next year. :)

It's her grace...
    Her kindliness...
    Her tough/patient/honest worker demeanour in training...
    Her beauty...
    Her love of the Strictly experience...
    Her knack of finding the right words...
    The as-yet-unseen (guessed-at) wonders of her as a Pro partner in the group dances...
    The way she rushed in to help out and yet it seems like she already understands the heart of the experience...

Beeb would be bonkers to let her go

I must admit, I would like Iveta to stay too.
  • Options
    crazybabecrazybabe Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    I agree with all that - she is delightful...and talented.

I had thought Johnny would get knocked out quickly and I wasnt bothered, but having watched their waltz last night, I changed my mind. Hope he does a few more weeks yet with the lovely Iveta :)
  • Options
    Tuscan SunTuscan Sun Posts: 1,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Count me in - Iveta's a real charmer and the Beeb would be lucky to have her. :)

Wouldn't want to lose Aliona though - she provides the necessary bit of sand in the sun cream.:D
  • Options
    Auds77Auds77 Posts: 1,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another Iveta fan here. Think she'd be a great addition to the show.
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't say no to Iveta coming back. But it would be at the expense of a long term pro like Erin or Flavia for me.
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    I agree with that 100% Tangoqueen.

If its just a rumour its a real shame to be giving it legs on here now too .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    She has cheekbones to die for - and an endearing personality.

Not sure who I would want her to replace though, I'm intrigued enough by Karen (Brenda!) to want her to stay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    minimina wrote: »
    She has cheekbones to die for - and an endearing personality.

Not sure who I would want her to replace though, I'm intrigued enough by Karen (Brenda!) to want her to stay.

I am drawn her face all the time , dancing eyes and so pretty and she seems such a sweetheart too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The key word there is rumour. I don't see how she could have gone on holiday for too long seeing as she was in the audience last night and last week, and willing to skype ITT during the week, so she's not shirking any Strictly commitments that she can do...

Many people here said as soon as she was injured that she was far too optimistic in thinking she'd be back in 2 weeks, and it would be more like 4-6, which has turned out to be the case.

Johnny is quite clearly the 'dud' male out of the bunch in terms of likelihood of reaching the final, that much was clear from the launch show. He's not the only bad dancer, but he's not going to get the popular vote like I think Nicky will. So Aliona always had a high likelihood of a short run, deservedly so as she's got to the final 2 years in a row. She had nothing to gain from faking a serious injury, and I highly doubt any doctor would help her do so, particularly as she had cameras following her to the hospital. She doesn't have to sit around all day to recover from a leg injury, she just can't dance, so the BBC have no grounds for being annoyed if she has taken a break. She's booked for the Christmas Special already so they can't be that annoyed at her...

I think it's very sad that rumours like that are perpetuated at all. People are of course entitled to like and dislike whomever they please, but spreading rumours (which of course aren't proven fact at all) is a bit unnecessary in my opinion.

I didnt start the rumour and it came from someone who actually is involved in the show and working for the BBC,
    So believe it or not, your choice, it matters not to me one way or the other
    I think Yveta is a better dancer and teacher and a nicer personality but hey thats just my opinion.
  • Options
    Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didnt start the rumour and it came from someone who actually is involved in the show and working for the BBC,
    So believe it or not, your choice, it matters not to me one way or the other
    I think Yveta is a better dancer and teacher and a nicer personality but hey thats just my opinion.

I didn't say you did start the rumour, I was making a general comment about how I find rumour-spreading distasteful, that's all. I also find any suggestion that someone would have faked an injury distasteful, no matter if it comes from an insider or not. Innocent until proven guilty in my book, and any insinuation otherwise is wrong in my opinion, never mind extremely unprofessional if it does come from someone working on the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So believe it or not, your choice, it matters not to me one way or the other I think Yveta is a better dancer and teacher and a nicer personality but hey thats just my opinion.

But I am sure it matters to Aliona not to have rumours like that spread about . If its not a fact its very unfair on her and posting it here is making it just grow legs too .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    Another vote for Iveta to stay with Strictly.

I recall seeing her dance in a couple of things (So You Think You Can Dance and something else) over the past couple of years, and I was pleased to see her on Strictly. However, I was still very nicely surprised at how she's seamlessly slotted into things, as if she's been on the show a while or done some other country's version of it. She's so lovely and professional, and the BBC would be mad to let her go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    Would also love to see Iveta next year on strictly, she's so so lovely to Johnny! Wouldn't want her to replace Aliona though, think the show needs her for diversity, not warming to Karen at all so maybe her!
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,219
    Forum Member
    I had a source at the show last night (who provided me with the spoiler) - and my understanding was that Aliona was in the audience along with Lilia and Darren.

But yes keep Iveta - reminds me so much of Lilia with how sweet she is