Robbie Williams punches elderly woman

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
Forum Member
✭✭
(From The Scotsman - )

The National Pensioners Convention (NPC) demanded an apology after a music video, promoting his latest song Candy, was broadcast showing a scene in which he punches an elderly woman.

Last week television presenter Graham Norton asked Williams: “That’s quite a shocking image isn’t it?”

Williams, appearing as a guest on the BBC programme hosted by Norton replied: “It is, isn’t it. They wanted me to kick a dog and I’m an animal lover, so I was just not having that. Then they said ‘punch a pensioner’ and I was like, ‘Yeah, I’m in’.”

Dot Gibson, NPC general secretary said: “Celebrities should think twice before making ageist comments.”

Speaking as a pensioner, I find Mr Williams eminently punchable. Not that I would in real life, of course.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't sleep thinking about it.
  • hello_mumhello_mum Posts: 118
    Forum Member
    Knowing we will get old, it concerns me how petty people become when they are old and have nothing much going on.

I'm not a fan of Robbie Williams and never will be, but I'd rather be punched in the face by him than have some old moan nagging all the time.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conehead wrote: »
    I can't sleep thinking about it.

best tip is not look up his `rock dj` video then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My desire to punch Mr Williams' face is no more real than his tasteless music video. Bif.
    Forum Member
    gpk wrote: »
    best tip is not look up his `rock dj` video then.

Hehe, he gets boring fast. We all know an annoying younger brother, we don't have the need for him.
  • kate36kate36 Posts: 13,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (From The Scotsman - )

The National Pensioners Convention (NPC) demanded an apology after a music video, promoting his latest song Candy, was broadcast showing a scene in which he punches an elderly woman.

Last week television presenter Graham Norton asked Williams: “That’s quite a shocking image isn’t it?”

Williams, appearing as a guest on the BBC programme hosted by Norton replied: “It is, isn’t it. They wanted me to kick a dog and I’m an animal lover, so I was just not having that. Then they said ‘punch a pensioner’ and I was like, ‘Yeah, I’m in’.”

Dot Gibson, NPC general secretary said: “Celebrities should think twice before making ageist comments.”

Speaking as a pensioner, I find Mr Williams eminently punchable. Not that I would in real life, of course.

i haven't seen the video but I would have to agree that its not something that should be endorsed or promoted
    hopefully the 'punch' will be edited out
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soon another day will dawn. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hello_mum wrote: »
    Knowing we will get old, it concerns me how petty people become when they are old and have nothing much going on.

I'm not a fan of Robbie Williams and never will be, but I'd rather be punched in the face by him than have some old moan nagging all the time.

you show remarkably little respect for the older generation, but i suppose that's a sign of the times, how woud you feel if someone punched an elderly member of your family?
    not nice is it?

ETA, just seen video on youtube, bloody awful but about his level
    unfortunately there are people out there influenced by such diatribes, sad but true
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i like robbie, i always have.:o i am in no way condoning his decision to punch a pensioner, but i did find it sweet that he wouldn't kick a dog.
    Forum Member
    kate36 wrote: »
    you show remarkably little respect for the older generation, but i suppose that's a sign of the times, how woud you feel if someone punched an elderly member of your family?
    not nice is it?

Don't know, do you do it often?

Have you ever considered perhaps punching an older person in the face in the video and showing lack of respect is exactly what the producer of the video wanted, so it would be a topic of conversation to mask the weak song and lyrics?

Think out of the box, it's great.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People are talking about it, see Robbie, it's working.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't know, do you do it often?

Have you ever considered perhaps punching an older person in the face in the video and showing lack of respect is exactly what the producer of the video wanted, so it would be a topic of conversation to mask the weak song and lyrics?

Think out of the box, it's great.

i doubt that was the intent

i think its awful but yes i'd agree, lyrics and melody are dreadful also

puerile and utterly tasteless
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i dont think williams is capable of such subtlety

but the production team offered him the two scenarios and he chose the pensioner, because he didn't want to kick a dog.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am thinking out of my box, but still it hurt.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but the production team offered him the two scenarios and he chose the pensioner, because he didn't want to kick a dog.

why did he have to punch or kick anything?:confused::confused:

it just promotes violence
    :mad:

im glad he didnt kick the dog either:eek:

he should change his production team, they want their heads examining:eek::mad:

god help us
    Forum Member

im glad he didnt kick the dog either

god help us

Told you before, so we'd talk about the video and less about the song, it happens all the time; entertaining video = crap song.

God hasn't helped us yet, so why would he start now? :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Robbie, Robbie - get some help!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

im glad he didnt kick the dog either:eek:

he should change his production team, they want their heads examining:eek::mad:

god help us

it was probably too late in the day to change the production team. to him it was probably the lesser of two evils and he was probably right on balance. sure, the npc are kicking up a stink, but just imagine the riots if he had to deal with the animal activists.:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kick a dog or punch a pensioner? You decide.
    Forum Member
    it was probably too late in the day to change the production team. to him it was probably the lesser of two evils and he was probably right on balance. sure, the npc are kicking up a stink, but just imagine the riots if he had to deal with the animal activists.:eek:

You're right on that one, most of the GBP love a furry cute face, a lot prefer dogs over people and even fall in love (Google 'bestiality' with the 'safe search' off). :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

lets get real, he didn't actually do either. it was acting and on that obvious premise. far worse images have been depicted in acted scenes.
    Forum Member

I've two feet, I'll do both and fall on my arse.

Thinking about it, you'll probably be prosecuted for kicking a dog then you would an old geezer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You're right on that one, most of the GBP love a furry cute face, a lot prefer dogs over people and even fall in love (Google 'bestiality' with the 'safe search' off). :eek:

robbie also mentioned he had 8 dogs in that interview and even said he was having them sent over here eventually. that will cost a lot of money.:eek: previous to his marriage and his child. the only true love he spoke of was for his elderly mother and that is well documented. this is a fuss over nothing.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member

:D:D what a moral conundrum and a horrid position to put Robbie in. I am still struggling to choose:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't want to turn this into a 'people I'd like to punch' thread but - Ed Sheeran.