Options

Was Dorothy Dodo or Ace?

JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Yes, it's another thread about Dodo Chaplet!

Anyway, as titled, Was Dorothy- as mentioned at the end of Death of the Doctor part 2- Dodo or Ace? I needs to know.

Comments

• Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dodo was Dorothea, strictly speaking, so possibly Ace? But I did wonder the same thing.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The name of her organisation should give you a clue

A Charitable Earth
  • Options
    robdxrobdx Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Wasnt Dodo supposed to have died from an STD!!!!! according to a book that is generally accepted as cannonical???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

A Charitable Earth

Ooh, don't think Andrew Cartmel/Big Finish will be happy with that. Continuity errors ahoy.

Actually, I've paid £80 to hear BF's Ace exit story next year and RTD's just given it to me for nothing. I'm outraged. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Also did anyone notice the continuity error, SJ claimed to have looked them up and said an australian called Tegan, she should have known Tegan as they met in The Five Doctors
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    robdx wrote: »
    Wasnt Dodo supposed to have died from an STD!!!!! according to a book that is generally accepted as cannonical???

Strangely SJ didn't mention that. Can't think why.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »

A Charitable Earth

Well spotted. That completely passed me by! Very clever, RTD.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also did anyone notice the continuity error, SJ claimed to have looked them up and said an australian called Tegan, she should have known Tegan as they met in The Five Doctors

It's been suggested that Sarah and The Brig had their minds wiped when returned to their times after The Five Doctors.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's been suggested that Sarah and The Brig had their minds wiped when returned to their times after The Five Doctors.

Ah never saw that one, hang on though, wouldnt SJ finding out about tegan cause SJs mind to burn ala Donna..........Or should I really get my coat???:D
  • Options
    SheMoore19SheMoore19 Posts: 2,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah never saw that one, hang on though, wouldnt SJ finding out about tegan cause SJs mind to burn ala Donna..........Or should I really get my coat???:D

No, it's a different kind of mind wiping - sort of like retconning. Donna's mind was wiped of TL memories because she became 1/2 TL and therefore cannot encounter the Doctor or anything to do with him again.
  • Options
    MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    SheMoore19 wrote: »
    No, it's a different kind of mind wiping - sort of like retconning. Donna's mind was wiped of TL memories because she became 1/2 TL and therefore cannot encounter the Doctor or anything to do with him again.

I have the impression Sarah Jane doesn't remember The Five Doctors. She stated that she hasn't seen the Doctor since he left her at the end of Hand of Fear. So I agree that she doesn't recall that adventure.
  • Options
    JohnBoy WaltonJohnBoy Walton Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think she was just drunk in it. Makes most sense to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mulett wrote: »
    I have the impression Sarah Jane doesn't remember The Five Doctors. She stated that she hasn't seen the Doctor since he left her at the end of Hand of Fear. So I agree that she doesn't recall that adventure.

But when she was remembering things in the memory weave, she thought of the 1st and 2nd Doctors, didn't she, and surely she only met them in The Five Doctors? I'm open to correction, here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But when she was remembering things in the memory weave, she thought of the 1st and 2nd Doctors, didn't she, and surely she only met them in The Five Doctors? I'm open to correction, here.

The clips were from The Three Doctors, so would have been Jo's memories.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lii wrote: »
    The clips were from The Three Doctors, so would have been Jo's memories.

Right, thanks :) I must pay more attention!
  • Options
    brouhahabrouhaha Posts: 662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'd question that very strongly.
  • Options
    davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    I've just watched the 2 parter, and I have to say that the ending was a great touch by RTD.

I was genuinely moved to hear that Ian and Barbera got married :cry::)
  • Options
    Jakes_stuffJakes_stuff Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just watched the 2 parter, and I have to say that the ending was a great touch by RTD.

I was genuinely moved to hear that Ian and Barbera got married :cry::)

And never aged apparently!

RTD just threw lots of of spokes in the proverbial wheel for those of us who choose to believe the audio plays and books are canon! :eek: (The Bugger!!)
  • Options
    QuantumLeapQuantumLeap Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

RTD just threw lots of of spokes in the proverbial wheel for those of us who choose to believe the audio plays and books are canon! :eek: (The Bugger!!)

Now you have to decide is, is SJA canon? ;)
  • Options
    Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member

im having a thick moment.
    i keep seeing this word. what does it mean?? (in bold)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jaymitch1 wrote: »
    im having a thick moment.
    i keep seeing this word. what does it mean?? (in bold)

From dictionary.com:

can·on    
    [kan-uhn]

–noun
    1. an ecclesiastical rule or law enacted by a council or other competent authority and, in the Roman Catholic Church, approved by the pope.
    2. the body of ecclesiastical law.
    3. the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art: the neoclassical canon.
    4. a fundamental principle or general rule: the canons of good behavior.
    5. a standard; criterion: the canons of taste.
    6. the books of the Bible recognized by any Christian church as genuine and inspired.
    7. any officially recognized set of sacred books.
    8. any comprehensive list of books within a field.
    9. the works of an author that have been accepted as authentic: There are 37 plays in the Shakespeare canon. Compare apocrypha ( def. 3 ) .
    10. a catalog or list, as of the saints acknowledged by the Church.
    11. Liturgy . the part of the Mass between the Sanctus and the Communion.
    12. Eastern Church . a liturgical sequence sung at matins, usually consisting of nine odes arranged in a fixed pattern.
    13. Music . consistent, note-for-note imitation of one melodic line by another, in which the second line starts after the first.
    14. Printing . a 48-point type.

I think 8 and 3 are relevant here.
  • Options
    smithers3162smithers3162 Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Even if she did, that's not an error - Sarah wouldn't know for sure that the Tegan she'd found on tinternet was the same as the one she'd met.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dorothy was Ace, and books are NOT canon (not sure who "generally" refers to...!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Now this is where I start to miss Tingramento, he'd have had steam coming out of his ears after this episode...!
  • Options
    codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    Now this is where I start to miss Tingramento, he'd have had steam coming out of his ears after this episode...!

Its probably good he isn't, he'd have overloaded after the "Gay Dads" part and needed a complete shut down and restart to begin functioning again! :D

Nice touch at the end though, a wrapping up of a lot of Who loose ends by someone who should know them better than most!

This is the second time the 11th has avoided talking about the 10th Doctor though so maybe he's not a big fan of his former incarnation? (Though when is he ever? :p )