Options

Why The Hell Are We Importing Beggars? Asks Richard Littlejohn

JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2819711/RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-hell-importing-beggars.html

Britain's finest columnist and Press Hall of Famer, Richard Littlejohn, today writes about this issue (see above). Most people will agree with him but the Left-wing advocates of mass unfettered immigration will just make the usual predictable and tedious ad hominem attacks.

Most will say well done for speaking out but as Richard says the Guardianistas and their allies at the BBC will always cry racism.

But what do you think about THE ISSUE?

Comments

• Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »

A constant source of disappointment to the parents, one would imagine.
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-2819711/RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-hell-importing-beggars.html

Britain's finest columnist and Press Hall of Famer, Richard Littlejohn, today writes about this issue (see above). Most people will agree with him but the Left-wing advocates of mass unfettered immigration will just make the usual predictable and tedious ad hominem attacks.

Most will say well done for speaking out but as Richard says the Guardianistas and their allies at the BBC will always cry racism.

I think that Littlejohn is a Hypocritical ****. He doesn't even live in this Country. And seriously despite journalism falling to an all time low in recent years there wouldn't be a time when Littlejohn would be a best columnist in any country.
  • Options
    MonsterMunch99MonsterMunch99 Posts: 2,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why the hell is Richard Littlejohn such a c*nt? Asks anyone sane.
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

My answer? To make a fortune off the gullible and ignorant.
  • Options
    jjwalesjjwales Posts: 48,572
    Forum Member
    Guardianistas? Who they? And when has the BBC ever "cried racism"? That kind of lazy stereotyping doesn't help his argument.
  • Options
    MonsterMunch99MonsterMunch99 Posts: 2,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My answer? To make a fortune off the gullible and ignorant.

It was more of a rhetorical question, but yes, professional trollism at it's most effective.

Anyone who thinks the guy (and his esteemed colleagues at the Mail) believes any of the click-bait he spews out is an idiot.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We import them? I hope proper duties and taxes have been paid to bring them here, I'd hate to give my spare change to a counterfeit beggar.
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was more of a rhetorical question, but yes, professional trollism at it's most effective.

Anyone who thinks the guy (and his esteemed colleagues at the Mail) believes any of the click-bait he spews out is an idiot.

Especially on a day we get news of another report showing that migrants are net contributors.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-29880944

This one specific to Northern Ireland but still.
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I dont see what all the fuss is about. The EU guarantees the free movement of people so you can go and beg on the streets of Paris if you want.

The problem with free movement of people is that it is beneficial to be poor in some countries over others.

Being poor in Romania is horrific - you'd live in a shitty house and be riding around on a donkey which is why we see beggars on the streets. It seems simple to say that we shouldn't turn them away but i don't think the idea of free movement of people was to be a magnet for the worlds poor and impoverished.
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member

and he is so good at being a you know what
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why the hell did Florida import a twunt? Asks everyone.
  • Options
    Watcher #1Watcher #1 Posts: 9,046
    Forum Member
    I'm finding all very hard to follow. Are all these immigrants

a) being homeless and begging on the streets;
    b) living a life of luxury on benefits;
    or c) taking jobs away from BRITISH workers

this week?

I need to know which kind of foaming outrage to have.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Misread that as "troilism". Not an image I really wanted.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Richard Littlejohn's an idiot and always has been. He's known for making provocative articles. He's just a prat!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watcher #1 wrote: »
    I'm finding all very hard to follow. Are all these immigrants

a) being homeless and begging on the streets;
    b) living a life of luxury on benefits;
    or c) taking jobs away from BRITISH workers

this week?

I need to know which kind of foaming outrage to have.

They are doing all three at the same time apparently
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Nothing against free movement for those employed or working in another country or have means to support themselves. But anyone with an ounce of common sense could of seen what was going to happen by allowing some Eastern European countries to have the same rights.

Anyone wishing to travel abroad should have the means to sustain themselves while abroad. I can't just rock up to US immigration and be allowed into the states, I have to prove I'm leaving at some point, I also have to prove that I have funds to spend when there, if asked.

Anyone entering the UK should have to prove the same is questioned.

And these Eastern European's aren't homeless beggars, they are in the main criminal gangs and often use violence and intimidation to get what they want, and often resort to criminal activities pick pocketing etc when they can't get money by traditional begging.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nothing against free movement for those employed or working in another country or have means to support themselves. But anyone with an ounce of common sense could of seen what was going to happen by allowing some Eastern European countries to have the same rights.

Anyone wishing to travel abroad should have the means to sustain themselves while abroad. I can't just rock up to US immigration and be allowed into the states, I have to prove I'm leaving at some point, I also have to prove that I have funds to spend when there, if asked.

Anyone entering the UK should have to prove the same is questioned.

Well, reports show that immigrants to the UK are net contributors to the economy as they pay more in tax than they take in public services. We must be doing something right.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Sorry have to recover from my fit of hysteria at the BIBs first! How much fantasy can be crammed into so few words? Racism? No, pure ignorance.

Read the article and the above applies. He needs a reality check but , staying in the fantasy sweeping statement theme here, we all know that.

Read a better newspaper is my suggestion, instead of this, for the permanently outraged ignorant brigade, Granny rag.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, reports show that immigrants to the UK are net contributors to the economy as they pay more in tax than they take in public services. We must be doing something right.

Really? Which one?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This one has so many holes in it you could use it as a sieve.
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member

And I have nothing against genuine immigrants who want to come to the UK to work and contribute. Like I say if I want to go to Germany to work I can.

But we shouldn't be importing people who can't sustain they're own existence except by begging and breaking the law. And saying it's all free movement is total clap trap, how many people do you know have headed off to Rumania to go begging, because it's such a nice place, I will bet none.

As I said anyone with half a brain could of seen what was going to happen. Unfortunately those people that make these wonderful utopian laws don't live in the real world. And as soon as they can, bugger off themselves.
  • Options
    roger_purvisroger_purvis Posts: 968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I admire your tenacity, but getting those who read opinions in the guardian then copy them as their own to discuss the issue will likely be a futile exercise.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Do you think immigrants should contribute to the nhs, police force and fire departments because this report suggests they shouldn't have to and doesn't attribute their share of the cost towards it because we have to pay for it anyway.

Although it neglects the fact we need more of them if there are more people.