Big final 4 winner poll In The Sun - Matt winning by a distance!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
Forum Member
The Poll Mole had heard about this poll on The Sun's website but had to join "mysun" just now to be able to see the results as it is only for verified members and is one-member-one-vote.

The poll has been running since Monday morning and is currently;

Cher Lloyd 10.89%
One Direction 11.88%
Rebecca Ferguson 28.47%
Matt Cardle 48.76%

Matt has almost half the vote! They don't give absolute numbers but I would guess 1000s of responses (there are 6 pages of comments alone)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    But nobody in Liverpool buys The Sun, so the Rebecca vote is affected.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    WOW!! MATT!!!!!:D:p
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm guessing The Sun will be the first to scream "fix" then when 1 Direction win.

Can't wait.:D
  • douknowotimean?douknowotimean? Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    I'm guessing The Sun will be the first to scream "fix" then when 1 Direction win.

And rightly so too. :D
  • George7George7 Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since Sunday, I've not spoken to one person who will vote again in the X-Factor - and I've spoken to a fair few people about it!

Even though they may announce that they've had more votes than previous years, in reality I think they're in for a shock!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    This is a huge lead especially as the collection period if after Rebecca had a great weekend and Matt was sick as a parrot.
  • Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting, but I believe Same Difference had a comfortable lead in the Sun poll going into the final.
  • String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And rightly so too. :D

....and 1d would care because........???
  • Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP's poll is just a Sun website conducted one, the You Gov one which I expect them to publish on Saturday will be more telling.

And for whoever it says will win, I expect them to be the winner on Sunday
  • douknowotimean?douknowotimean? Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ....and 1d would care because........???

Because it would be a scam won't it, that doesn't tend to go down well with the public. ;)

They might want to be thankful that a UK version of Australian Current Affairs Show Today Tonight doesn't exist.. If it did there would be accusations left, right and centre, and not just directed at the show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,170
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks good for Matt, but there is a big difference between voting in a free poll where you can multi-vote for free and paying to actually vote. (Unless I misunderstand the way the poll works). Also are OD teenage fans really going to vote in a Sun poll?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course he is Matt is going to win, but as someone said Scousers rightly don't read, talk or assosiate themselves in anyway with The Sun.
  • Nicola37Nicola37 Posts: 2,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BP4L wrote: »
    It looks good for Matt, but there is a big difference between voting in a free poll where you can multi-vote for free and paying to actually vote. (Unless I misunderstand the way the poll works). Also are OD teenage fans really going to vote in a Sun poll?

It's the one run in conjunction with YouGov to look out for, if it gets published. They were spot on with Joe winning, almost down to the actual percentages on the night, with Joe actually polling MORE than they predicted.

So if The Sun publish again on Saturday, I'd be keenly looking it out for their projected result because it's probably going to be the closest to the truth out there:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,950
    Forum Member

No, that will be me :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 153
    Forum Member

You can't multi vote. You need to be a logged-in member. I would think teens would not bother logging into The Sun so you should add in a bit for One D on top of those figures..
  • liz83liz83 Posts: 6,398
    Forum Member

You cant multivote in that poll. Its one member one vote.. But you're right i think that 1D will be underrepresented if most of their vote it teen based,
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Not to mention that this poll is only taking into account people who use the Internet.

I'm sure kids get their votes in for the likes of One Direction but don't vote in polls on pointless tabloid websites. Simply because you have to register for the site to be able to see and take part in the poll makes it even more flawed.

Interestingly, Matt is the lowest in terms of media popularity (both positive and negative), whereas One Direction are top, with more positive than negative. Cher is second with about a 50/50 split of positive an negative, and Rebecca third with just slightly more positive than negative.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/x_factor/ - Left hand side, just down the page a bit.

I think that's a good indicator of how hyped Matt will be if he wins; i.e. not very.
  • Dave HawkDave Hawk Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    I'm wondering if they'll commission a YouGov poll like they did last year
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this comes true. Matt truly deserves to be stuck with SYCO. :D
  • LolWtfLolWtf Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy90 wrote: »
    I hope this comes true. Matt truly deserves to be stuck with SYCO. :D

Lol he will not win! :)
  • syedluversyedluver Posts: 1,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LolWtf wrote: »
    Lol he will not win! :)

We'll see ;):D
  • LolWtfLolWtf Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    syedluver wrote: »
    We'll see ;):D

Don't get me wrong I want him to win but I just can't see it anymore.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last year the Sun's final poll was accurate, so this is a good sign.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The people mentioning the lack of Liverpool Sun buyers - very good points.

Any scouser with any sort of respect for the Hillsborough victims and respect for themselves as Liverpudlians who had their names dragged through the dirt, would never buy that rag, and never vote in its polls.

It's nice to see Matt in the lead though. I really hope he wins.