Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 57)

Comments

• Options
    jwatsonjwatson Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    I realized today I'm a weird Leona fan. lol. My favorite performance of hers in years is Diamonds. Listening to the Portugal version of it right now and she just sounds so beautiful and sweet. She makes the lyrics resonate with me.,
  • Options
    pespes Posts: 2,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One More Sleep
    #5 Cambodia

Christmas slayage is coming
  • Options
    jwatsonjwatson Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    I finally figured out what it is about Leona Lewis that makes her the best singer in the world to me. I really love the sound of her voice.

Leona can sing the phone-book to me.

I just realized some of her performances i felt weren't that great or that something was missing and then I realized i was spoiled. I was waiting for that sustained note, I was anticipating that out of this world head voice and i knew when they would be released in every performance and expected them. Now i don't. I was listening to Leona today and just listening. Just hearing the song for what it was in that moment like it was the first time i ever heard her sing it and i fell in love with each song. Her voice is truly stunning.

Thank you for sharing your music Leona. I look forward to the next album.
  • Options
    Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulmusic wrote: »
    Just reading this on the ferry back from Spain. So ready for this.

Megataff, great to see you posting again, and welcome to all new posters.

Bring me some duty free vodka please :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
    Forum Member
    Lily's cover for John Lewis ad was hinted at this time last year http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a524157/lily-allen-to-cover-keane-for-2013-john-lewis-christmas-adverts.html#~oSRqliOp7wSrZY hopefully news for this year will appear soon. Although the boss for John Lewis recently said they over hyped the ad up too much last year so might be a longer wait. No doubt wishful thinking on our part, probably be a male for a change 😕. Oh well, for now we have hope :D. Any festive ad feature would be good though, obviously.

It would be nice if OMS features on Now Xmas album or other compilation albums. Pretty sure they've added the previous years JL song. Always great exposure from that.

Anyway, whatever the news is, thanks for alerting us Soe 👍👏👯
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cassie.. wrote: »
    Bring me some duty free vodka please :)

I have plenty of rum with me, will that do!! :D

Thank you Soe:)
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

OUAT wrote: »
    Lily's cover for John Lewis ad was hinted at this time last year http://m.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a524157/lily-allen-to-cover-keane-for-2013-john-lewis-christmas-adverts.html#~oSRqliOp7wSrZY hopefully news for this year will appear soon. Although the boss for John Lewis recently said they over hyped the ad up too much last year so might be a longer wait. No doubt wishful thinking on our part, probably be a male for a change 😕. Oh well, for now we have hope :D. Any festive ad feature would be good though, obviously.

It would be nice if OMS features on Now Xmas album or other compilation albums. Pretty sure they've added the previous years JL song. Always great exposure from that.

Anyway, whatever the news is, thanks for alerting us Soe 👍👏👯

Np :)

I was suggesting the Christmas acoustic on soundcloud while waiting (gelbmas idea) for the album and they replied that they appreciate our patience and that we'll get something within the next few weeks.

Could be anything though, might be even an ustream. We'll see :)
  • Options
    AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if it's some exciting news for future or some exact dates of release I'll be happy!
  • Options
    Jack_Clarke2Jack_Clarke2 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes Soe! Thankyou so much for sharing :D so excited to find out now!
  • Options
    Twilight17Twilight17 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm checking everywhere for some news or something ... It's exciting something will be mentioned in the next few weeks ... I hope john lewis song or just her big comeback single. ... Is it true that Diane warren is writing it ? If she gives her a huge ballad song like Leann rimes, Aerosmith, Beyoncé etc had she will be huge again :):) fingers crossed. Le le
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Twilight17 wrote: »
    I'm checking everywhere for some news or something ... It's exciting something will be mentioned in the next few weeks ... I hope john lewis song or just her big comeback single. ... Is it true that Diane warren is writing it ? If she gives her a huge ballad song like Leann rimes, Aerosmith, Beyoncé etc had she will be huge again :):) fingers crossed. Le le

Yeah she has worked with Diane :) Not sure if it's a single, but she did say the whole world would jam it, or something along those lines :p

Maybe Diane wrote a song for the John Lewis ad? She's also known for writing hit songs in movies so :cool:
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    I can reveal we will have something within the next few weeks

If possible dont go on twitter and tag everyone like seb with questions etc please ;)

Yay! I really hope Leona is the John Lewis song this year! Or we get a new song or something! :D
  • Options
    pokerfaceLelepokerfaceLele Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didnt we receive the info a few months ago that we would definitely get something new this year? maybe this is what is coming up in the next few weeks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Didnt we receive the info a few months ago that we would definitely get something new this year? maybe this is what is coming up in the next few weeks.

Ye, we were definitely meant to get something this year.

I'm not sure if it'll be the John Lewis song though - at least if it is, it won't be a song she worked on with Diane Warren, as the John Lewis campaign had already been worked out/planned before Leona went into the studio with Diane IIRC.

Edit: I'd love "Your Hallelujah" to be used as the John Lewis advert song, would be so amazing. :cry:
  • Options
    d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    Envoirment wrote: »
    Ye, we were definitely meant to get something this year.

I'm not sure if it'll be the John Lewis song though - at least if it is, it won't be a song she worked on with Diane Warren, as the John Lewis campaign had already been worked out/planned before Leona went into the studio with Diane IIRC.

Edit: I'd love "Your Hallelujah" to be used as the John Lewis advert song, would be so amazing. :cry:

I think if it was the John Lewis advert it could be/probably will be a cover. It usually is and they know how a Leona cover sells near Christmas. I think the Diane stuff is more likely to be on the album rather than the ad.
  • Options
    GreekFanGreekFan Posts: 6,203
    Forum Member
    Amazing!! :D

Only 3 weeks until the John Lewis song ;)

Why are we sure she's the one who's doing it again?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GreekFan wrote: »
    Why are we sure she's the one who's doing it again?

We aren't, it's all speculation. But it ties in nicely with the "over the next few weeks" time frame, so could be quite possible. :D I just hope whatever it is, it is good. I don't want it to be something disappointing, like Leona opening her own vegan clothing line or something lol. Prefer if it was music-related. :p
  • Options
    ariella52ariella52 Posts: 7,519
    Forum Member
    Just reading this on the ferry back from Spain. So ready for this.

Megataff, great to see you posting again, and welcome to all new posters.

Hope you had a good holiday soul.:)

Thanks Soe. Looking forward to news. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Small interview at that animal event couple of weeks ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ReeUrE28gs
  • Options
    volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Small interview at that animal event couple of weeks ago
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ReeUrE28gs

that hair was flawless!!! :) /she sounds ill, wasn't she recording day or two before with Diane?/

PS I dont think Leona is in JLewis ad, that 'deal' is huge and we are not really used to huge stuff in last few years
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    volume3d wrote: »
    that hair was flawless!!! :) /she sounds ill, wasn't she recording day or two before with Diane?/

PS I dont think Leona is in JLewis ad, that 'deal' is huge and we are not really used to huge stuff in last few years

No, she was recording with her a week before. 17-20 september.

So you mean she will NEVER have "huge stuff" anymore since she didn't get any the past few years? Not even with a different label and team?

She has performed on huge events in the last year though
  • Options
    Mike91Mike91 Posts: 602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really want her to get the John Lewis ad but I have a feeling she won't. :(
  • Options
    Cassie..Cassie.. Posts: 3,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I hate rum 😪😥

Your off my Christmas card list :D
  • Options
    AdamBunny10AdamBunny10 Posts: 3,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was Lily that big last year though when she got the JLewis gig though? Don't think that she was.
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    What I'd love to see this year is one of the following things:
    - Random X Factor performance - Ave Maria before Christmas.
    - One or two new songs during her next gig in Switzerland
    - Ustream with all news about her new album, music, direction etc.
    - Behind the scene of the recording
    - a special performance(s) of a new song(s) uploaded on her youtube channel like her Trouble, Colorblind, Come Alive, Glassheart acoustic performances.

What we will actually get:
    - Leona raising Hopefield awareness by walking 10 miles with animal lovers.

But since she's not with SYCO and Modest anymore we could actually get something really surprising this time :)

Oh and I think JLewis ad is gonna be supported by Adele or Sam Smith this year.
This discussion has been closed.