Comments

• PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    What is her appeal?

She was cute in the Parent Trap, amazing in Mean Girls (2003) and I can understand the media buzz for a while after that. She was after all sexy and interesting.

But that was a long time ago and now she's an ugly, worn out, repeat offender, a bad role model and a drug addict.
  • xxtimboxxtimbo Posts: 8,877
    Forum Member
    She s still a looker..........

check her out on the Jonny Dross show......... 10.15 sat nite
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    Saw Thread. Wondered if she was dead. Sees that she's not. Closes thread.
    Forum Member
    Pencil wrote: »
    What is her appeal?

She was cute in the Parent Trap, amazing in Mean Girls (2003) and I can understand the media buzz for a while after that. She was after all sexy and interesting.

But that was a long time ago and now she's an ugly, worn out, repeat offender, a bad role model and a drug addict.

Hope Miley does nt go the same way
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, the media's obsession with Ms Lohan and 'Mean Girls' is very bizarre. Mean Girls was an average film at best, it is far from a classic. Ms Lohan was very good at what she did, unfortunately she seems to have a lot of demons which keep tackling her. I hope she gets the help and support that she needs.

In my opinion, the only good thing about Mean Girls was that it introduced Amanda Seyfield and Amy McAdams.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Love her Freaky Friday film, watched it countless times and still love it.

She should cut all that bullshit things that surrounds her and just concentrate on her work.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The film and music industry can be very harsh and unforgiving, many celebs who have battled drug or alcohol addictions just fade into obscurity or end up doing demeaning things to get attention. The odd one makes a miraculous come-back, like Robert Downey Jr. The help is there for those who really want to change, but I haven't followed Lohan's career or know enough about her to form an opinion on whether she'll recover fully. I imagine you have to have a pretty thick skin to survive that sort of scene, and most teenagers don't have that sort of strength and resilience; easy to see why they go astray so often. I'm not sure that requesting that people NOT ask her about her past transgressions is a good idea though, almost pretending it didn't happen. Surely just a quick acknowledgement would be better. Also, a little humility goes a long way. If people sense that she's overly-sensitive about it, it'll only make things worse for her.
    Forum Member
    COME to think of it.... saw... the Parent Trap sched for this afto
    on one of the free channels....

thats good timing .. ( unless its the Hayley one ! )
  • Dawn_ThomasDawn_Thomas Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    I've read some reviews on her performance in the west end (I can't think of the title at the moment, sorry) and she shows promise.

I actually hope this is the start of her turning her life around. I'm not actually a fan of her's, by any means, but I do think that if she hadn't become a train wreck, she could have been a decent actress.
    I think the press are so obsessed by her as she was a popular /successful child star in the states, and like so many before her, she just had fame too young, and couldn't handle it. I really don't think her parent's helped her either, if I'm honest.

I do think it's sad that so many child star's, who could have successful future's and become big stars, just become known as drug user's. It's like a wasted life. Anyway, I'm getting too philosophical now, so I apologise and leave it there.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pencil wrote: »
    What is her appeal?

Quite the opposite.
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her recent reality show was interesting. She really is high maintenance and completely self obsessed - where her whole day would revolve around her needs. If she didn't want to get up until midday it didn't matter that a camera crew had arrived at ten and were waiting etc.

It got to the point where Oprah (whose TV channel were making the documentary) had to fly in and have a little chat with her. Oprah was patient but firm with her.

She didn't seem to have a good relationship with any of her key staff and most left after a short period of time. It was doubtful too whether she was off the drink - as there were periods when her sobriety coach couldn't contact her.

Am amazed she has the discipline to perform every day at a theatre - though it came across that acting was her one big passion.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her Oprah reality show was a very revealing watch.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    If she wants to revive her career, she needs to get rid of all of the 'yes' paople around her, and get better work ethic. The Oprah show portrayed her as entitled, lazy and self absorbed. She also has to stop playing the victim. She built her own reputation, she has to work hard to fix it.

IMO she's had an entitled victim attitude for a long time. I remember her whining over a decade ago about actresses in her age group being more respected than her, and she didn't realise that it was maybe because of how she acted and behaved.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    She's still got nice tits so will be able to get low rent movie roles for a few years yet.
    Forum Member
    SHES hittin g 30 but still gorgeous..... check out the jonny dross show 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKzLBpn4i4U
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxtimbo wrote: »
    SHES hittin g 30 but still gorgeous..... check out the jonny dross show 2014

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKzLBpn4i4U

She's a nice looking lass, Lindsay.
    Forum Member
    HOLY CRAP ZX..... 66,000 posts !!!!!

you should get out more !
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HOLY CRAP ZX..... 66,000 posts !!!!!

you should get out more !

And how is this anything to do with the subject of the thread? There are quite a few others on these forums who have high post counts.
  • sparkle22sparkle22 Posts: 1,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a big fan back in the day brought every dvd up until I know who killed me.
    which is when she started to not get decent roles anymore labour pains I think was straight to dvd she could have had the career anne Hathaway has had.
    but ruined it she also sold 2 million copies of her debut album speak she ruined her own career basically however her mother didn't help also wanting to be a star.
    she did a reality show called living lohan with her sister ali who came off as more likable than Lindsay or her mum I do hope she gets it together once and for all.
    I did like freaky Friday and just my luck.
  • wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayley Mills owns The Parent Trap and that is that. The end.
    Forum Member
    Maybe Lindsays finest piece of work........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwfdFCP3KYM
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe Lindsays finest piece of work........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwfdFCP3KYM

Haha, very good. :D Can't think of the actress playing Harry, but she DOES look like him, lol.