Charlie Nicholas forced to apologise

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    why pick on Sky, because you don't pay a subscription to view the other channels. The TV Licence fee is something we all have to pay by law to watch tv, regardless of your opposition to it.
    You sound jealous of those who can afford to pay for Sky to watch the PL and Soccer Saturday.
    Btw, the other channel that broadcasts live PLgames in the UK, BT Sport, is also subscription based.
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,446
    Forum Member
    why pick on Sky, because you don't pay a subscription to view the other channels. The TV Licence fee is something we all have to pay by law to watch tv, regardless of your opposition to it.

The TV Licence is something I support and I fully support the right to have a Sky subscription like I do or having BT Sport as well like I have all of those. There are certain members on these forums over the last few years who have agendas on certain subjects and who can never stop going on about them.
    Ian.
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,925
    Forum Member
    ok if that's so I cant recall many people on here defending Andy Gray and Richard Keys when they got the sack, that seems to me that sexist behaviour against a female member of staff, that was not seen or heard by the public is ok for two employees of Sky to get the sack, but something that went out live for all to see and hear seems to be ok . well done Sky you really do believe in better
    Do you seriously think that what Charlie Nicholas said about two football players is in any way comparable to what Andy Gray and Richard Keys said about women?!
    Further words fail me.
    >:(
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    ok if that's so I cant recall many people on here defending Andy Gray and Richard Keys when they got the sack, that seems to me that sexist behaviour against a female member of staff, that was not seen or heard by the public is ok for two employees of Sky to get the sack, but something that went out live for all to see and hear seems to be ok . well done Sky you really do believe in better

I am truly lost for words that you think a mistake of mixing up two players is comparable to sexism and downright degradation of women.
    You are beyond belief, truly, you are!
    Next, you'll be saying that robbery and torture are the same and that buying a Mini Cooper is the same as Maybach!
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    I am truly lost for words that you think a mistake of mixing up two players is comparable to sexism and downright degradation of women.
    You are beyond belief, truly, you are!
    Next, you'll be saying that robbery and torture are the same and that buying a Mini Cooper is the same as Maybach!

It's always the same posters more or less who start the anti BBC TV Licence threads and usually the same posters who hate Sky who start the anti Sky TV threads.
    Ian.
  • BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really, people are offended because someone can't tell two people apart and they happen to be black?

Even the Daily Mail have a sensible piece on this....the Daily Mail...
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP has just made surely the stupidest comments so far of 2015..

Good to see the the OP tried to make an even more stupid post just hours after the first one!

What a ridiculous comparison. Gray and Keys were rightly sacked and were universally condemed for thier behaviour. Slightly different to the Nicholas comment.
  • missbtsportmissbtsport Posts: 346
    Forum Member
    Radiogram wrote: »
    Good to see the the OP tried to make an even more stupid post just hours after the first one!

What a ridiculous comparison. Gray and Keys were rightly sacked and were universally condemed for thier behaviour. Slightly different to the Nicholas comment.

have you ever listened Gray and Keys on talk sport I think you will find that Sky advertise in that program. so it seems that Sky do not universally condemed them for their behaviour as they would not use that program to advertise in, unless they are even bigger hypocrites than most people I know think they are.
    Forum Member
    by the way just watched a great FA Cup game W Ham Everton free in HD cant wait to watch Champions League and Europa League for 3years on BT Sport
  • Paul1511Paul1511 Posts: 11,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    by the way just watched a great FA Cup game W Ham Everton free in HD cant wait to watch Champions League and Europa League for 3years on BT Sport

And this post, along with you username, pretty much confirms this thread is agenda driven.
  • PatrickBateman1PatrickBateman1 Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Run along you sad act
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    have you ever listened Gray and Keys on talk sport I think you will find that Sky advertise in that program. so it seems that Sky do not universally condemed them for their behaviour as they would not use that program to advertise in, unless they are even bigger hypocrites than most people I know think they are.

What a load of nonsense.

Good luck watching BT Sport for free next season.

Deary me.
    Forum Member
    Paul1511 wrote: »
    And this post, along with you username, pretty much confirms this thread is agenda driven.

I do agree with that, as it's something similar i posted earlier. All these anti BBC TV Licence threads and anti Sky TV threads are normally started by the same individuals and they all have an agenda.
    Ian.
    Forum Member
    Paul1511 wrote: »

think that if you want it is just that BT give me a better service and a faster internet speed at a better price than Sky can match, and I don't see the point of paying for 100s of programs that I never watch to get the ones I have on freesat. hope that answers your query
  • PatrickBateman1PatrickBateman1 Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    think that if you want it is just that BT give me a better service and a faster internet speed at a better price than Sky can match, and I don't see the point of paying for 100s of programs that I never watch to get the ones I have on freesat. hope that answers your query

You have confirmed that you are an agenda driven idiot again. Well done.
    Forum Member
    What a load of nonsense.

Good luck watching BT Sport for free next season.

Deary me.

Well it might not be free for Champions League Football next season, as I believe BT Sport are going to Charge BT customers as well as everyone else extra for the Champions League Football. The details will be announced before next season.
    Ian.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I beg to differ, BT's service can be appalling and the broadband is very expensive if you strip out new customer offers etc. BTW, I am currently a BT customer so know how it is.
    THOMO wrote: »
    Well it might not be free for Champions League Football next season, as I believe BT Sport are going to Charge BT customers as well as everyone else extra for the Champions League Football. The details will be announced before next season.
    Ian.

The whole thing will be at least £10, maybe £15 a month from next season, I am pretty sure of it. Unless of course they fleece everyone with another ridiculous line rental increase to cover some of the cost.
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole thing will be at least £10, maybe £15 a month from next season, I am pretty sure of it. Unless of course they fleece everyone with another ridiculous line rental increase to cover some of the cost.

Probably both.

Since just over a year ago my package price has risen from £29pm to over £36.32pm (including line rental and BT Sport HD).
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member

LOL and there you go again, trying to make something from sweet FA!

And Sky have ads across alot of commercial radio stations, they buy them in block and just so happens that an ad was run during this show, get over yourself!
  • PotsdamerplatzPotsdamerplatz Posts: 174
    Forum Member
    I always thought if Sol Campbell (footballer - Arsenal) and Kwame Kwei-Armah (actor - Casualty) were dead ringers for each other. I've said this to hundreds of people and have never once been accused of being racist.

Can't see the difference with what Charlie said. :confused:
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    The outrage...

Grrrrrrrrrrrr!!

*waves fist*
  • BatchBatch Posts: 3,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hmm, just switched from Sky->BT, will have to check T&Cs regarding being in min contract and the possibility of applying a charge for BT sport (don't care if its just for Champions League,)....
  • GibsyGibsy Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    CL will not be free!!
    Forum Member
    Gibsy wrote: »
    CL will not be free!!

where did I say it was . and just to make it clear the deal I have with BT is free BT sport 1&2 + ESPN as long as I keep BB with them, and currently I still get HD at no extra cost, I like all of you don't know how much CL will cost but I am sure their will be a price to pay
  • BrianWescombeBrianWescombe Posts: 998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    where did I say it was . and just to make it clear the deal I have with BT is free BT sport 1&2 + ESPN as long as I keep BB with them, and currently I still get HD at no extra cost, I like all of you don't know how much CL will cost but I am sure their will be a price to pay

BT are a disgusting company, they will never get any of my money