Health worries.. :(

RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have been feeling ill for a couple of weeks..tiredness, fuzzy head, random headaches, aching limbs, at first I thought it might be a cold, but it's been about six weeks now and I haven't gotten any better...then I thought maybe it's just the tiredness of having a full time job and an 18 month old toddler who doesn't sleep too well.. I went to the doctor a fortnight ago, she said my iron was OK and my blood pressure on the low side, but generally I was of good health, I eat fairly healthily and I get lots of exercise.

But over the last week or so I've felt even worse. My hands are tingly, and I've been forgetting words. My mother in law has offered to take my daughter for a few days to help me get some rest, my husband has a very stressful job so I try not to worry him too much, and my own parents live 100 miles away.

Basically should I be going back to the doctors or riding it out?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did the doc check your B12 levels as this sounds similar to the symptoms I had when my B12 was very low.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,070
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A relative had something similar recently and was told she had a low platelet count, although this should have been picked up the first time if you had a blood test.

I would go back to the doctor's as symptoms have got worse. Try not to worry too much, there are lots of viruses which unfortunately cannot be treated or detected by blood tests, they just have to pass through your system.
  • RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks guys. I will go back to the doctors, I am usually rushing around cleaning and working and so on, today I had to sit down to fold the laundry! Very unlike me. My mum has a B12 deficiency so maybe it's that? But I thought B12 basically stopped you from absorbing iron, and my iron count is OK. Hmm. Best to go back though I guess. Thanks :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    Your not pregnant again are you?
  • roland ratroland rat Posts: 13,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iblood pressure on the low side, but generally I was of good health, I eat fairly healthily and I get lots of exercise.

Do you know what your resting heart rate is, as for your low blood pressure, this is some thing I have to deal with, along with a slow heart rate, and my resting heart rate is 41bpm

Because of this I get easily tired, and exausted, fatigue is a common daily occurrence, some day are realy bad for me, and I have my good days

If I pick up the slightest cold, I knocked for 6, the cold symptoms become alot worse, most of the cold will be gone in afew days, but the ches and pian can last for a few weeks, if am to be rid of the aches and pains, I need constant rest

Some of the things you describe, are very simialr to a slow heart, so maybe you can ask your doctor if they will do a ecg, or even a 24 hr ecg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys. I will go back to the doctors, I am usually rushing around cleaning and working and so on, today I had to sit down to fold the laundry! Very unlike me. My mum has a B12 deficiency so maybe it's that? But I thought B12 basically stopped you from absorbing iron, and my iron count is OK. Hmm. Best to go back though I guess. Thanks :)

No, Iron and B12 are two different things. I have pernicious anaemia which means that my body cannot absorb B12 from food. I am also prone to ordinary anaemia and take iron tablets. My mum also had pernicious anaemia. I would go back to the doctor and mention your family history.