Options

Corrie: Gail's Mortgage - eh?!

RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When Joe was in loads of debt, why didn't she remortgage then? Why let him go ahead with his mental scheme which ultimately ended his life and got her in prison?

How come she wasn't willing to do that for her beloved husband but can do it for a proven liar and con man who professed his love five minutes ago?

What's going on, Corrie writers?!:mad::rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail's a stupid fool.
  • Options
    silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    Gail's a stupid fool.

:p:p:p concise and to the point
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Gail told Joe not to go through with it, but she didn't find out about his scheme until they went to the lakes together so it was too late.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasnt it Joes pride that stopped him taking help from her? But then he knew that guys after him would never stop asking for more while he was alive.
  • Options
    katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Wasnt it Joes pride that stopped him taking help from her? But then he knew that guys after him would never stop asking for more while he was alive.

You're right I remember Gail offering him help but him refusing because he knew any money she could give him would just be a drop in the ocean!
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The whole storyline is an insult to intelligence, as is the Kirsty/Tyrone/Fiz crap, as is the Carla/Peter/Leanne/Nick merry go round.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    The whole storyline is an insult to intelligence, as is the Kirsty/Tyrone/Fiz crap, as is the Carla/Peter/Leanne/Nick merry go round.

It's a soap - what do you expect?
    It isn't a documentary into real life.

:D
  • Options
    sianlovescatssianlovescats Posts: 1,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe_Zel wrote: »

This.
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is that the plot holes in this story go way further back than Joe and Gail Force.

I can't remember the detail, but most of the equity in Gail's house - along with Emily's and the Duckworths' - was tied up in Richard Hillman's dodgy firm Kellett Holdings. I vaguely remember Gail and the family living at Audrey's after Richard had died because the house was under threat? Also have vague memories of Gail being under suspicion of fraud. Vera definitely went mad and threw a brick through Gail's window because the Duckies had lost money. I genuinely can't remember the details but to have us think that Gail is sitting on a goldmine is ridiculous.
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    The thing is that the plot holes in this story go way further back than Joe and Gail Force.

I can't remember the detail, but most of the equity in Gail's house - along with Emily's and the Duckworths' - was tied up in Richard Hillman's dodgy firm Kellett Holdings. I vaguely remember Gail and the family living at Audrey's after Richard had died because the house was under threat? Also have vague memories of Gail being under suspicion of fraud. Vera definitely went mad and threw a brick through Gail's window because the Duckies had lost money. I genuinely can't remember the details but to have us think that Gail is sitting on a goldmine is ridiculous.

I remember all of this and I'm sure - in fact I'd swear blind that after Hillman, Audrey sacrificed either the equity in her business or her house -so Gail could keep a roof over her head YET with Lewisgate, all that seems to have been forgotten when he was supposedly after her money.
  • Options
    Karen1969Karen1969 Posts: 822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She did put her house up for sale though as the loan shark bloke viewed it pretending to be a buyer, David was mad with her for selling his home to bail out a loser etc etc
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    But if all this happened and the script writers remember maybe gail is setting lewis up?
    Nah didnt think so.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Karen1969 wrote: »
    She did put her house up for sale though as the loan shark bloke viewed it pretending to be a buyer, David was mad with her for selling his home to bail out a loser etc etc

Ha :D Story lines do go round in circles :cool:
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a soap - what do you expect?
    It isn't a documentary into real life.

:D

:confused: Where did I say it's a documentary? :rolleyes:

Instead of putting words in my mouth, read what I wrote again.
  • Options
    *Laura**Laura* Posts: 45,152
    Forum Member
    I remember all of this and I'm sure - in fact I'd swear blind that after Hillman, Audrey sacrificed either the equity in her business or her house -so Gail could keep a roof over her head YET with Lewisgate, all that seems to have been forgotten when he was supposedly after her money.

That is what I remember and why it didn't ring true when she was going to give Joe the money (I actually posted about it at the time).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    Gail. You could write a book.

Why on earth would anyone entertain their aging mother's ex boyfriend in the first place?

Be glad when she gets her comeuppance, silly old trout
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    as if she can do it all over the phone..She would have to make an appointment to see her bank manager for such things :rolleyes:
  • Options
    BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    As I said in the SOR thread, who would be expected to pay off the loan if she thinks she'll be going to Italy? David and Kylie?

You'd be better off selling the house.
  • Options
    Keith_13Keith_13 Posts: 1,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    as if she can do it all over the phone..She would have to make an appointment to see her bank manager for such things :rolleyes:

Never met anyone linked to our mortgage, jut expensive bits of paper
  • Options
    cazzbarcazzbar Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail is being so stupid at the moment. Her simpering all the time to the con-man is stomach turning. She knows what he is like yet completely ignores it - as if, it's obvious he's in love with her?:eek: She's making decisions that will/might affect David and his family and yet hasn't said a word to them, yet all she cares about is her 'family'. Making decisions about her mortgage without a care in the world is just typical of her.
  • Options
    MindbearMindbear Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All she does is simper. I can't bear her. I hate when she gets a man in her life, it means more revolting simpering. The only reason I can bear to see her on screen is Nigel Havers hatred of her frankly!
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This SL ridiculous, but what makes it worse is Gails simpering and attempts at flirting and seducing is soo off putting.
  • Options
    billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nigel Havers is a treat, though. He makes up for Gail and her idiocy.
  • Options
    LilaLila Posts: 6,780
    Forum Member
    Gail used money left to Nick & Sarah Louise after Brian died to help buy that house I remember Ivy moaning about it.
  • Options
    ValentineValentine Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't realise mortgage lenders were so quick to give money to people without means of paying it back - or does she have a secret job we don't know about, in addition to her part-time clearner's wage. And she doesn't even have that now. Wish I could give up my job without worrying about paying my mortgage, bills etc.:rolleyes: