The Chase (ITV) (Part 3)

Comments

• AbrielAbriel Posts: 8,525
    Forum Member
    :D
    Janet43 wrote: »
    I missed the answer to that because my other half insisted on telling me about a stray cat that had just come into the garden.

As a dressmaker and pattern cutter of over 60 years, I don't know what the answer to it could be. From the choices, I assume it must be batwing, but that means a sleeve which starts at the waist, but can end tightly just below the elbow or at the cuff forming a wing under the arm. It doesn't have to to be tight at the cuff only. So if that was the "correct" answer, it was wrong.

I was expecting one of the choices to be leg of mutton, which is loose at the top and tight at the cuff.

I was a bit thrown by that one too. intrigued by the cutty sark one, am going to look that up.
    Loved bradley's reaction to the massage bit:D
  • Virgin QueenVirgin Queen Posts: 13,425
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My interviews with two of The chasers, Anne Hegerty (The Governess) and Mark Labbett (The Beast) are up on my blog for anyone who is interested.
    Any thoughts, comments and shares across social media would be great

Mark: https://pauseliveaction.wordpress.com/2014/07/24/the-chase-usa-exclusive-interview-with-mark-the-beast-labbett/

Anne: https://pauseliveaction.wordpress.com/2013/11/20/the-chase-exclusive-interview-with-anne-the-governess-hegerty/

You actually got to meet the girl of your dreams?
    Well done you. I do hope you behaved yourself! ;-)
  • calderyoncalderyon Posts: 4,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always hate those who take the lower offer and hope that they get caught and this was not an exception. Especially when they take the minus offer, which i think is a major cop out.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £100?! >:(

She's basically taken £1,500 from the other two players. I'd be raging if I was on there!
  • Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    Abriel wrote: »
    :D

I was a bit thrown by that one too. intrigued by the cutty sark one, am going to look that up.
    Loved bradley's reaction to the massage bit:D
    As the three possible answers to the sleeve question were "something" wing, the wording would have been better if it was "Which type of sleeve forms a wing between the body and the arm?" It would have been more accurate and wouldn't have helped anyone who didn't know about sleeves.
  • DDRickyDDDDRickyDD Posts: 5,246
    Forum Member
    It was a brilliant performance from Paul Singa today in the Final Chase. I love watching quizzing of this standard, that's why shows like The Chase and Eggheads are such compelling viewing.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    On tonight at 11.40.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunny B wrote: »
    On tonight at 11.40.

Ooooh. Thanks for that. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a fantastic final chase. A score of 23 plus two pushbacks. But Mark was still too good for them.
  • king yrcanosking yrcanos Posts: 2,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone tell me what happened in the Final Chase yesterday, I couldn't watch as I'm on holiday now,
  • wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    [/B]

You actually got to meet the girl of your dreams?
    Well done you. I do hope you behaved yourself! ;-)

I always behave myself :kitty:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good for Steve for going to the high offer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bad luck for Steven on the questions. First player out.
  • grauniadgrauniad Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    These give away questions are ridiculous. Proper noun, right noun, good noun?
  • JustonecornettoJustonecornetto Posts: 19,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well played Richard, let's see if they can can get a decent score in Final Chase. Plenty of incentive with £50k in the pot.
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    £50,000 in the final! :o

17 steps. Not sure if that's enough :confused:

THEY'VE DONE IT!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They won!!! And okay effort from the lads and a bad day for Ann. Those two push backs helped,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well done team £25K each, not bad at all :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A cracking win for the lads tonight. £50k between the two of them!
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grauniad wrote: »
    These give away questions are ridiculous. Proper noun, right noun, good noun?

They are quite entertaining and OK if used sparingly.
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So funny when Brad commented on the weird guy saying he'd buy a Volvo and they cut to Anne smirking! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well played Peter, big pot up for grabs today.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really shocked that Shaun had never heard of a 'selfie' and that Brad didn't know either. Penny said she didn't know but at least guessed correctly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think nerves got to the team there e.g. buzzing in for 8x8= and then passing.
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calm and controlled performance from Shaun there - 15 on the bounce despite the mishap at the start! Very well played, especially with the high prize fund.

(Unfortunate for the team though, I'm very sure they knew at least 3 or 4 more of their answers, which may have made a difference.)
This discussion has been closed.