Did you ever hate a contestant after they knocked out a contestant you liked?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was a rumour in 2010 that Wagner had knocked out Matt Cardle but alas it turned out to be untrue. :(
  • lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    monrose wrote: »
    I have. I still have a burning hatred toward Katie Weasel after she trounced Aiden. On X Factor USA, there was a group called Sister C (who I like to call Sister ****) and they got in over a far more talented group named Playback. Also, I briefly hated Rachel Hylton when she trounced Austin Drage back in Series 5. Anyone ever felt that kind of hatred towards another contesant? Feel free to discuss

I was going to say whoever it was that stayed over Austin, thanks for the reminder.:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Different show but same premise! Kris Allen after beating Adam Lambert to American Idol title in 2009 - guess I am just a bitterbert & should be blaming the US voters plus AT&T ;)

Here the most disappointed I have been is when Leon Jackson beat Rhydian but not hate in this & previous case.
  • Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can you hate another contestant for getting a higher vote than the person who goes out.. To me it's democracy..the lowest voted act leaves... As they aren't the act the majority of people wants to win
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RodRuby93 wrote: »
    Hatred may indeed be a strong psychological entity, but I lost of what was left of my inherent faith with the show when Lloyd Daniels was saved over Rachel Adedeji; subsequently, he was retained by the public over Lucie Jones.

During the second series, I couldn't abide to Conway Sisters even prior to being saved by Louis over Maria Lawson; nevertheless, I felt so encouraged to reprimand Louis for completely overlooking real talent as he has being doing so for sometime. I am by no means a hater of Journey South, but I was even more dismayed when Brenda Edwards left after one of the closest semi-final voting results ever - she should have won.

I was also deeply aggravated when 'eggnog' and 'the claw' eluded the indisputably talented Ruth.

Lloyd Daniels must be the worst fifth place finisher ever on XF.....he was absolutely dire.

Knowing how scripted and fake the show is now, I'm convinced the Maria - Conways decision was a producer led one. Louis and the other "judges" are forbidden to do anything independently of the producers and Cowell, so Cowell must have authorised it to boost the TV ratings and cause controversy.
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not really I just see it as well only one persons going to win in the end.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've always had the attitude that there is no real difference if you come, say, 4th or 7th or 5th or whatever. So even if I'd have preferred Aiden over Katie ( i didn't) it really doesn't matter where along the line you go. It just means one or two more weeks of singing.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    No I just seem to hate the show/judges more instead.
    Though I've probably been most bitter at Ray making the final over Ben, and Eoghan making the final over Diana. But I was also mad at the voters. :p

Along with hating on the judges, in most cases I already didn't like the act that ended up staying anyway...
    1. Ray staying over Nikitta (made me dislike Simon more because they were both his acts but he basically admitted he was playing strategically by getting rid of the better singer to mop up the mum/grannies vote so he had more chance of winning, as he still had Leona to take care of the 'talent' side)
    2. Jedward staying over Lucie (again made me dislike Simon more because he had apparently hated Jedward all series and then squirmed his way to saving them)
    3. Lloyd staying over Jamie Archer (mad at Louis for his unnecessary bitter grudge against Jamie)
    4. Almost every decision during series 9, particularly Rylan over Carolynne and Union J over Jade (most of the sing-offs felt pointless and the judges can't just send it to deadlock and then blame the public vote, the sing-off is there to save the better contestant. Gary's lame hypocritical excuse to get rid of Jade was also toe-curling)

There were times though when I liked both acts in the bottom two, but was still peed off at who went home:
    1. Kimberly going (was my fave act going into the live shows only to be given a karaoke song like she's a joke act)
    2. Paije going (another time when it was obvious the sing-off was pointless even after I thought he had his best week yet, but I guess he was lucky to get this far for a non-pimped act)
    3. Mary going (the show pulling a sing-off out of their arse to have Cher in the final instead)
    4. Janet going (after Gary had been hounding her for weeks and crushing her confidence, it just reeked of capitalizing on eliminating the competition)
  • staceyxxx23staceyxxx23 Posts: 12,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Knowing how scripted and fake the show is now, I'm convinced the Maria - Conways decision was a producer led one. Louis and the other "judges" are forbidden to do anything independently of the producers and Cowell, so Cowell must have authorised it to boost the TV ratings and cause controversy.
    Maria Lawson is one of the most overrated contestants ever. Nothing at all special about her. :yawn:

However, I remember Simon eliminating his own act (Conway Sisters) over some other act. Awful decision since they were one of the few great girlgroups to have graced the show. I'll never understand how they came 6th when Little Mix won.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maria Lawson is one of the most overrated contestants ever. Nothing at all special about her. :yawn:

However, I remember Simon eliminating his own act (Conway Sisters) over some other act. Awful decision since they were one of the few great girlgroups to have graced the show. I'll never understand how they came 6th when Little Mix won.

Everyone seems to assume that Louis went on a solo run and defied the producers and the public by eliminating Maria. But we know now how fake the show is and how the producers decide everything that happens. The only logical conclusion is that he was ordered to vote against Maria and to take the subsequent flak for his "decision".....it was probably done to cause controversy and boost the ratings, and it seems they didn't want Maria to win.
  • paralaxparalax Posts: 12,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No is the simple answer, for a start I am not into hating anyone, and I am too grown up to resent another contestant because my favourite has gone and they have stayed. It isn't the fault of the remaining contestants that your favourite goes. This whole hate and bullying stuff has gone way to far this time round and if anything kills the show it will be the nastiness it attracts. How long before one demonised contestant ends up harming themselves, or some demented fan of the show harms them. It could happen.
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I haven't but I don't take the show seriously plus it's not the contestants themselves who knock others out - it's the members of the public who don't vote enough for them and of course the judges (when they don't take it to deadlock that it). Plus I've never known any contestants personally so have never been in a position to hate them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I just seem to hate the show/judges more instead.
    Though I've probably been most bitter at Ray making the final over Ben, and Eoghan making the final over Diana. But I was also mad at the voters. :p

Along with hating on the judges, in most cases I already didn't like the act that ended up staying anyway...
    1. Ray staying over Nikitta (made me dislike Simon more because they were both his acts but he basically admitted he was playing strategically by getting rid of the better singer to mop up the mum/grannies vote so he had more chance of winning, as he still had Leona to take care of the 'talent' side)
    2. Jedward staying over Lucie (again made me dislike Simon more because he had apparently hated Jedward all series and then squirmed his way to saving them)
    3. Lloyd staying over Jamie Archer (mad at Louis for his unnecessary bitter grudge against Jamie)
    4. Almost every decision during series 9, particularly Rylan over Carolynne and Union J over Jade (most of the sing-offs felt pointless and the judges can't just send it to deadlock and then blame the public vote, the sing-off is there to save the better contestant. Gary's lame hypocritical excuse to get rid of Jade was also toe-curling)

There were times though when I liked both acts in the bottom two, but was still peed off at who went home:
    1. Kimberly going (was my fave act going into the live shows only to be given a karaoke song like she's a joke act)
    2. Paije going (another time when it was obvious the sing-off was pointless even after I thought he had his best week yet, but I guess he was lucky to get this far for a non-pimped act)
    3. Mary going (the show pulling a sing-off out of their arse to have Cher in the final instead)
    4. Janet going (after Gary had been hounding her for weeks and crushing her confidence, it just reeked of capitalizing on eliminating the competition)

What did that week`s statistics turn out to be? when each week`s results are revealed at the end of the series? Did it turn out it was Cher who had lowest % or did Mary actually? i can`t remember :)
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    Zone_Out wrote: »
    What did that week`s statistics turn out to be? when each week`s results are revealed at the end of the series? Did it turn out it was Cher who had lowest % or did Mary actually? i can`t remember :)

Yeah Cher had the lowest, she had 11.57% while Mary had 14.99%.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was raging when Misha B put out Sophie Habibis. Really could not stand Misha, her voice irritates me :P
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,430
    Forum Member
    Sometimes. I hated James Arthur more than I did earlier in the competition when Ella left.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    District 3 when they stayed over Melanie and Lloyd over Rachel Adedeji, in both cases I already disliked the acts but my hate for them intensified after such ridiculous decisions were made :mad:
  • dondfan998dondfan998 Posts: 17,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although I wouldn't say hate, I got annoyed when Rylan beat Carolynne, and when Union J beat Jade.

Carolynne and Jade trumped their opponents in the sing-offs and therefore should have been safe.

Funnily enough, Rylan went on to be my favorite. (I just gave up when Jade left..)
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They all have to go a some point , so no ,

No hate , just a little disappointment when someone stays when they don't deserve to be there
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    monrose wrote: »
    I have. I still have a burning hatred toward Katie Weasel after she trounced Aiden. On X Factor USA, there was a group called Sister C (who I like to call Sister ****) and they got in over a far more talented group named Playback. Also, I briefly hated Rachel Hylton when she trounced Austin Drage back in Series 5. Anyone ever felt that kind of hatred towards another contesant? Feel free to discuss

Why do you waste your time hating people you don't even know. Get a grip!!
  • FiercefanaticFiercefanatic Posts: 3,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of these acts are ones that I hate (except maybe a few) but it's just the decisions that I didn't agree with, usually when a contestant I disliked wwas saved or when a contestant I loved was sent home over someone less deserving.

The Conway Sisters over Maria
    The Conway Sisters over Nicholas
    Danyl over Miss Frank
    Lloyd over Rachel (only because Simon went on every week about how he would judge it on the sing off and then Lloyd sand porrly with his croaky voice and he still sent it to deadlock basing it off 'past performances'. Made me question the whole point of the sing off)
    Katie over F.Y.D
    Katie over Treyc
    Cher over Paige
    Cher over Mary
    Frankie over Nu Vibe
    Kitty over Sami
    Kitty over Johnny
    Amelia over Craig
    Rylan over Carolynne (but then I began to love him again)
    District 3 over Melanie
    Kye over MK1
    Union J over Jade
    Rylan over Kye
    James over Ella

Like I said before, don't hate them, just disagree with the fact that they stayed over the other act.
  • oxygenjjoxygenjj Posts: 18,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    None of these acts are ones that I hate (except maybe a few) but it's just the decisions that I didn't agree with, usually when a contestant I disliked wwas saved or when a contestant I loved was sent home over someone less deserving.

The Conway Sisters over Maria
    The Conway Sisters over Nicholas
    Danyl over Miss Frank
    Lloyd over Rachel (only because Simon went on every week about how he would judge it on the sing off and then Lloyd sand porrly with his croaky voice and he still sent it to deadlock basing it off 'past performances'. Made me question the whole point of the sing off)
    Katie over F.Y.D
    Katie over Treyc
    Cher over Paige
    Cher over Mary
    Frankie over Nu Vibe
    Kitty over Sami
    Kitty over Johnny
    Amelia over Craig
    Rylan over Carolynne (but then I began to love him again)
    District 3 over Melanie
    Kye over MK1
    Union J over Jade
    Rylan over Kye
    James over Ella

Like I said before, don't hate them, just disagree with the fact that they stayed over the other act.

Omg !!!'. what a great memory you have :eek:
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If I remember right he eliminated them over Chico :D

When I saw the thread title the first thing I thought of was Lloyd being kept over Jamie. I didn't blame Lloyd, I was annoyed at Louis, as Jamie was obviously the better singer :mad::cool:
  • commentcomment Posts: 920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straight away I thought Katie when she knocked out Aiden, especially considering the amount of times she was in the bottom two!
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chris...