Options

What's your favourite beer?

13»

Comments

• Options
    CaltonfanCaltonfan Posts: 6,311
    Forum Member
    was in Croatia in June and had a couple of nice beers Ozjutsko(not sure of spelling) and Karlovacko, havent seen them here though

been drinking San Miguel Fresca a lot recently, wouldnt say its my favourite but it is a nice taste.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,945
    Forum Member
    I think it tastes much better out of a cask myself. ;)

True but not that practical to have a cask in your house.
  • Options
    grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    Although I did have a pint or two of Blue Moon a couple of weeks ago, that was lovely. Not entirely sure if its a beer or not tho :confused:

It is a beer, it is just made with wheat+spices instead of barley+hops.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    True but not that practical to have a cask in your house.
    Depends on the size of the cask. And on the size of the hourse. :)
  • Options
    Beady Eye 2013Beady Eye 2013 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Carling.

Well that is Lager and I have no idea what the difference between it and beer is?

Anyone care to explain?
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Bottled: Badger Golden Glory

Draught: Caledonian Deuchars IPA is my regular safe choice, but two recent stand-out guest beers at my local Wetherspoon's were Sadler's Hopbomb and Firestone Walker American Independence Pale Ale.

I much prefer light, hoppy beers to dark, malty beers and I'd rather drink cola than lager..
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Carling.

Well that is Lager and I have no idea what the difference between it and beer is?

Anyone care to explain?

Lager is a type of beer. Beer covers lagers, bitters, ales, stouts, porters, wheat beers, fruit beers etc etc.

In terms of lager I prefer Becks. Really into Pale Ales at the moment though some of our local breweries do some nice stuff. Brampton Golden Bud, Thornbridge Kipling and Thornbridge Jaipur are some of my current favourites.

Had a really interesting beer a few weeks ago. Grafton Framboise it was called. It wasn't a fruit beer, it was a Pale Ale, just looked like a regular pint but it had a really strong raspberry taste.

I love beer. so much variety and different tastes and flavours. I've got an app on my phone called UnTappd which has a massive constantly updating database of beers. When you have one you tag it and rate it. It's quite addictive. I've tried just over 60 different beers in the last two and a half months.
  • Options
    Beady Eye 2013Beady Eye 2013 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Jambo_c wrote: »
    Lager is a type of beer. Beer covers lagers, bitters, ales, stouts, porters, wheat beers, fruit beers etc etc.

In terms of lager I prefer Becks. Really into Pale Ales at the moment though some of our local breweries do some nice stuff. Brampton Golden Bud, Thornbridge Kipling and Thornbridge Jaipur are some of my current favourites.

Had a really interesting beer a few weeks ago. Grafton Framboise it was called. It wasn't a fruit beer, it was a Pale Ale, just looked like a regular pint but it had a really strong raspberry taste.

I love beer. so much variety and different tastes and flavours. I've got an app on my phone called UnTappd which has a massive constantly updating database of beers. When you have one you tag it and rate it. It's quite addictive. I've tried just over 60 different beers in the last two and a half months.

Thank you lovely person :)
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caltonfan wrote: »
    was in Croatia in June and had a couple of nice beers Ozjutsko(not sure of spelling) and Karlovacko, havent seen them here though

been drinking San Miguel Fresca a lot recently, wouldnt say its my favourite but it is a nice taste.

Did you try any of the Croatian dark lagers? As a real ale fan they were much more to my taste! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lager is a style of beer, however it is brewed slightly different to bitter and so it isn't the same as bitter, ales, stouts, porters, etc, which are all more or less brewed using the same process.
  • Options
    EVILSPEAKEVILSPEAK Posts: 980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oranjeboom is just about the best lager you can get and I shall brook no argument on the matter.
  • Options
    mocha-lattemocha-latte Posts: 2,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malpasc wrote: »
    Ale, bitter, porter, stout, lager etc are all still beers.

I don't drink beer.but
    Talking of stout, my Mum often mentions her favourite drink when she was a teen in the mid to late 1960s seems it vanished years ago .. She says it was called Cream Label if there was such a drink and she never dreamt it? I would have liked to have tried it, Mum says I would love it
    What have I missed :confused:

Anyone heard of Cream Label ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lager is a style of beer, however it is brewed slightly different to bitter and so it isn't the same as bitter, ales, stouts, porters, etc, which are all more or less brewed using the same process.

They're all still types/styles of beer. I'm not sure what you're correcting me on here, I'm aware that they're brewed differently but he didn't ask that, he asked what the difference between lager and beer was to which the answer is that lager is a type of beer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They're all still types/styles of beer. I'm not sure what you're correcting me on here, I'm aware that they're brewed differently but he didn't ask that, he asked what the difference between lager and beer was to which the answer is that lager is a type of beer.

I wasn't "correcting" anything you said as there is nothing to correct, I was simply expanding your answer to provide additional information on what the differences in style were.

A more detailed explanation can be found here: The Difference Between Ales and Lagers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wasn't "correcting" anything you said as there is nothing to correct, I was simply expanding your answer to provide additional information on what the differences in style were.

A more detailed explanation can be found here: The Difference Between Ales and Lagers

Apologies, I thought you were saying what I'd put was wrong.