Options

Fifa 13 Thread!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They were on watchdog for about 5 seconds. And to be honest the server thing now I know it's not just me I dont mind at the moment. They test the game with so many people, then suddenly you have 1 million people on the game, of course there's going to be problems in the first couple of weeks.

It will be worth the wait when it's done.
  • Options
    sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to bag Iker Casillas in an UT pack last night! Not sure whether to keep him or sale him! My team is currently made up of brazilians but was thinking of starting a team from the Spanish premier division!! Mmmm.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sparky07 wrote: »
    Managed to bag Iker Casillas in an UT pack last night! Not sure whether to keep him or sale him! My team is currently made up of brazilians but was thinking of starting a team from the Spanish premier division!! Mmmm.....

My team is all spanish, with 9 out of 11 starters from La Liga, the other 2 are Arteta abd Cazorla.
    I don't have decent keeper yet. Unfortunately I only have about 30k, and my next player on shopping list is Fabregas.
  • Options
    far2coolfar2cool Posts: 6,334
    Forum Member
    I'm trying to not get into UT this year, it's a slippery slope...

Luckily the improved career mode will probably mean I just stay on that
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just spent real world money on FUT

I put £10 on the store yesterday to buy sonic adventure 2 and had enough money left over to buy 350 fifa points so i got two premium gold packs and a silver, best player i got was sturridge

but i can't see how people can get addicted to this and spend hundreds/thousands of pounds, spending money on a pack doesn't feel as good as winning a season did and earning coins

will i buy packs again probably if i have a few pounds left after a purchase but i'll never add money with the purpose of just buying packs and can't understand why anyone would, it is a lottery when you think about it
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick question to add to what i posted, what packs do you need to buy to get team of the week players
  • Options
    Jimbob91Jimbob91 Posts: 679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone had trouble with the UT manager tasks? On the tutorials page I can't get a tick for the 'apply a morale item' no matter how many times I apply a morale item!
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I picked this up last night but cant get my online code to work. Grrrr .... Anyone know what I could do about it? Can't do any online modes yet!

So I'm just playing career. Its pretty good.
  • Options
    tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else having trouble putting players you've just signed on UT into your team? Tonight I just keep getting an error message saying the auction house is busy.
  • Options
    sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tombigbee wrote: »
    Anyone else having trouble putting players you've just signed on UT into your team? Tonight I just keep getting an error message saying the auction house is busy.

Yep, so annoying. I've bought a couple of players and sold iker Casillas for 80k but can't use the players or the funds! Turned it off now!!
  • Options
    andyhegandyheg Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    The game's a joke. It keeps freezing on me and I can't redeem my online pass. I've never known a game to be not fit for the purpose it was intended.
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andyheg wrote: »
    The game's a joke. It keeps freezing on me and I can't redeem my online pass. I've never known a game to be not fit for the purpose it was intended.

I think there's varying degrees of not-workingness. I didn't have any problems with my online pass and the game doesn't freeze (apart from once). However, I can't for the life of me play a H2H seasons game, it either just fails to connect or gets stuck in the arena (and it froze once at the arena). So, at the moment I'm stuck playing H2H friendlies/custom games.
  • Options
    SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimbob91 wrote: »
    Has anyone had trouble with the UT manager tasks? On the tutorials page I can't get a tick for the 'apply a morale item' no matter how many times I apply a morale item!

I applied mine form the active squad screen and I got it no problem
  • Options
    Lisa.JLisa.J Posts: 1,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    H2H seasons crashes alot for me too. I only started it last night, spent about an hour on it & only managed two games.

I played some 'drop-in' matches on the online pro thing last night too. Wish I'd not bothered. Its worse than ever for ball hoggling silly little kids who have no intention of playing the game properly :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I completed all 12 tasks on day 1 and was hoping for the next set. Do you need to complete the tutorials to get the next set?

I think you have to be told when to use them to tick them off, so need someone with low morale which I dont think will ever happen to be honest.

My other thought was maybe tasks change weekly? So I'm gonna look later today to see if they've changed yet.
  • Options
    Jambo_cJambo_c Posts: 4,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lisa.J wrote: »
    H2H seasons crashes alot for me too. I only started it last night, spent about an hour on it & only managed two games.

I played some 'drop-in' matches on the online pro thing last night too. Wish I'd not bothered. Its worse than ever for ball hoggling silly little kids who have no intention of playing the game properly :rolleyes:

At least you've managed to get a game on Seasons! I've not even had one. I'm keen to see if it's any different to the H2H friendlies I've been playing because I've played a load and won nearly every game. I just seem to be playing rubbish people all the time.
  • Options
    gladiator18gladiator18 Posts: 3,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game has gone downhill from fifa 12. Why does the ball bounce off players? If im playing with Heskey then id understand but it happens with every player, the ball just bouncing off them.

The online pro drop in matches have changed for the worse too. Cant see who is talking or playing music so no chance of muting them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Game has gone downhill from fifa 12. Why does the ball bounce off players? If im playing with Heskey then id understand but it happens with every player, the ball just bouncing off them.

The online pro drop in matches have changed for the worse too. Cant see who is talking or playing music so no chance of muting them.

that's you having a bad first touch then, you need to recieve the ball correctly and take a reasonable first touch or your player will mess up
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    that's you having a bad first touch then, you need to recieve the ball correctly and take a reasonable first touch or your player will mess up

How do i do that? Is there a special way to do that? When does messi ever have a bad first touch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do i do that? Is there a special way to do that? When does messi ever have a bad first touch.

Are you holding the sprint button when you pass and recieve the ball, that can make it harder to control, are you powering up the passes to much the extra power would cause a bad touch

in short there are many reasons for a bad touch and most are caused by the player
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thomas2400 wrote: »
    Are you holding the sprint button when you pass and recieve the ball, that can make it harder to control, are you powering up the passes to much the extra power would cause a bad touch

in short there are many reasons for a bad touch and most are caused by the player

I guess i must be holding the sprint button then.
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AcidVenus wrote: »
    I completed all 12 tasks on day 1 and was hoping for the next set. Do you need to complete the tutorials to get the next set?

I think you have to be told when to use them to tick them off, so need someone with low morale which I dont think will ever happen to be honest.

My other thought was maybe tasks change weekly? So I'm gonna look later today to see if they've changed yet.

Yeah I read somewhere that there is more than one set of manager tasks, I presumed that I hadn't got the next set because I hadn't completed the tutorials - as you say though it might be a weekly thing rather than getting the next set as soon as you complete them? Not sure to be honest

Going to have to somehow destroy one of player's morale by the looks of it then :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, I wasn't going to mention this as at first it just seemed like a coincedence but it's happened in 4 of my last 5 matches now and I'm starting to think it's the game:

I've taken a 2-0 lead in the each of my last 5 FUT games, with the opponent not really posing any threat at all. However, in 4 of those 5 games I've then gone on to lose that lead - soon after getting the second goal, passes seem to be finding the other team's players rather than mine, players aren't winning the ball in tackles and so on. In each game the opponent has then scored 2 quick goals and got back to 2-2.

That's happened in each of my last 5 games except for one where the other guy got it back to 2-1 but couldn't force the second goal in. In these games I played against teams with a varying quality of players and team chemistry, but that didn't seem to matter - the other team seemed to have some inexplicable advantage that was helping them to get back into the game. The advantage then seems to disappear at 2-2 and my passes start finding teammates again.

It's probably just a coincedence but I thought I'd bring it up anyway - I'm kind of scared to score a second goal now because its seems almost inevitable what will happen next :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I wasn't going to mention this as at first it just seemed like a coincedence but it's happened in 4 of my last 5 matches now and I'm starting to think it's the game:

I've taken a 2-0 lead in the each of my last 5 FUT games, with the opponent not really posing any threat at all. However, in 4 of those 5 games I've then gone on to lose that lead - soon after getting the second goal, passes seem to be finding the other team's players rather than mine, players aren't winning the ball in tackles and so on. In each game the opponent has then scored 2 quick goals and got back to 2-2.

That's happened in each of my last 5 games except for one where the other guy got it back to 2-1 but couldn't force the second goal in. In these games I played against teams with a varying quality of players and team chemistry, but that didn't seem to matter - the other team seemed to have some inexplicable advantage that was helping them to get back into the game. The advantage then seems to disappear at 2-2 and my passes start finding teammates again.

It's probably just a coincedence but I thought I'd bring it up anyway - I'm kind of scared to score a second goal now because its seems almost inevitable what will happen next :D

something similar happened to me, i was playing FUT online season and i won promotion but needed one more point for the title

this after i'd been dominating every game and i had four games left in each of these games shots that went in in previous games went wide, every tackle i made my player would do a bad touch and it would to straight back to him, my keeper would never catch the ball and always put it out for a corner or in a dangerous area

It really did feel like this had came out of nowhere because not in a single mode, season, career, exhibition etc had any team i'd controlled play so bad and the opponents played so good

The only reasons i can think for the game to this in FuT is to prevent me getting the extra coins and if EA has included some form of rubberbanding then that is just disgrace