Options

BBC1 - delayed audio (noob)

davefevsdavefevs Posts: 478
Forum Member
Hi all

Finally bought a Hummy on Friday and set it up last night. Having had worries about signal strength and quality (www.Freeview says I cannot get it!!), found that all can be picked up so good start there!

Was playing around and found that whenever I switch to BBC1 (channel 1) there is a 1 or 2 second delay before the audio kicks in. All other channels inc the other BBC channels work straight away.

Also found that if I record BBC1 (scheduled recording), then there is no sound (although there is if I time slip).

Also found that if I use PIP then BBC1 has so audio when it is the main screen (I know you don't get sound in the little picture.

Any thoughts?

Can I select a different BBC1?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dave,
    You are saying other channels on the same multiplex are not displaying this behaviour. Hmm. It might be worth trying the audio button on the remote to switch sound options being broadcast.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is the audio button, the one where you get a pop-up screen with two lots of left and Rights - if so what do I do?

I'm in work, but brought the manual with me, so that I might be able to understand and advice :)

Someone on Hummy.org, suggests manually creating another BBC1, eg 801???????

Thanks for help so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    no worries dave. When you press the audio button an on screen box comes up in the top left corder of the screen. You canuse the up/down button to select the sound options available on the broadcast and then press OK. Try them out.

It may just sort this out for you.

Other than that, it would be interesting to know what sort of signal strength and quality readings you are getting and if its fluctuating, and maybe to know the transmitter in case there are others seeing this with the same or different device.

It may also be possible that during the tuning process at the beginning the machine effectively found two transmitters and in this case you have the opportunity to determine the best one and manually guide the tuner to where you want it to pick the channels from. All for later I guess as you are in work...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thought I'd get a few ideas, so did check that BBC1 is being picked from Mendip transmitter and is:

- 60% Strength
    - 100% Quality

Strength does fluctuate upwards to :D 61%!!

I'll try out tonight, might even do another Install and see what happens.

Out of interest, all pictures look crisp, no pixellation at all.

I take it BBC1is on the same MUX as the other BBC channels - so I can test some recordings with those too.

Thanks
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave, I have been able to replicate what you are experiencing exactly. The good news is the method above with changing the audio option worked. The way I replicated your issue was by selecting the second audio option on the list and voila.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever this setting is changed to the unit remembers, for every channel, even after putting in standby.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Top man, thanks for your time and troubles - can't wait to get home and try it out, might even phone the missus and ask her to check/test it.

She's been set her first task, to use the hummy and watch Coronation St that I schedule recorded last night.

If she can do this, she'll know its easy to use, and that I'm not just buying another gadget!! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Spot on Marc - works a treat!