Are the past five years about to be wiped out?

Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With the Timelords coming back what are the chances that RTD will press the RESET switch and wipe out the Time War and everything that happens after it - so no Doc 9 & 10.

Comments

• CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    And then they could get McGann to regenerate into Smith?
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    CLL Dodge wrote: »

Actually, more like, they come back (Time Lords), Freeze Time, restore Human race, wipe their memories of 9 and 10's events (Invasions, Daleks, etc), so Earth returns to normal "We've not had Alien Contact" phase, Time Lords then force DT to Regenerate and send him back to Earth (ala PT to JP).
  • Keiō LineKeiō Line Posts: 12,979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A hard reset, would be like ending the story with "...and then I woke up"

My English teacher made any boy who wrote that, run five times around the cricket pitch.
  • Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Comes out of shower, slips on the bath mat, kills himself and regenerates?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 210
    Forum Member
    yes but if they done this they could do the whole, "dreams" thing again.

its wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff.....anything could happen.....

yayyyyyy
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    Or some kind of alternate timeline, as J J Abrams used with his recent Star Trek flick.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    I don't think RTD would have the gonads to do that.

DW's like his little gay baby, he wouldn't dare do anything to jeopardise it's existence before handing it over to Moffet.
  • IggymanIggyman Posts: 8,021
    Forum Member
    Perhaps not.

We'll see.

Can't wait for Moffat's episodes next year. That guy sure can write extraordinarily well. :D
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    :eek:! Have you seen The exclusive clip from part 2?!

its on the website...
    Forum Member
    :eek:! Have you seen The exclusive clip from part 2?!

its on the website...

i know....looks fantastic
  • Maidenfan666Maidenfan666 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    I have a question for the others that have seen THAT clip on the website:
    The time lords there talking about the time war: are TD and his timelord buddies in the middle of THE timewar that the doctor stopped or have they been resurrected
    ?
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    The time lords there talking about the time war: are TD and his timelord buddies in the middle of THE timewar that the doctor stopped or have they been resurrected
    ?

From that clip, it seems to be near the end of the Time War, I believe someone mentioned The Doctor having some kind of Bomb which will burn both planets.
    Forum Member
    ?

i reconwe are looking at the past, but its actually happening now....like in "the parting of the ways" Rose was not there, but it was actually hapeening right then
    Forum Member
    Ash_735 wrote: »
    From that clip, it seems to be near the end of the Time War, I believe someone mentioned The Doctor having some kind of Bomb which will burn both planets.

I take it thats the one either eight or nine would have used to emnd the time war? to me in the clip it sounds like these timelords aim to stop the doctor from doing this? but if this was true, then wouldnt that be eight's job to stop them? or did ten have a hand in it all along? and whilst were on the timelord subject, how have they appeared to have broken out of the whole "time lock thingy"..... oh god ...*head hurts from theory overload*
  • NativeMoonNativeMoon Posts: 6,149
    Forum Member
    Ethel_Fred wrote: »
    With the Timelords coming back what are the chances that RTD will press the RESET switch and wipe out the Time War and everything that happens after it - so no Doc 9 & 10.

Unless I misheard and misinterpreted that preview clip, it certainly does seem like RTD has set the scene for that to be possible.

Im really hoping that this doesnt turn out to be a *Who Shot JR - it was all just a dream* scenario....
    Forum Member
    I take it thats the one either eight or nine would have used to emnd the time war? to me in the clip it sounds like these timelords aim to stop the doctor from doing this? but if this was true, then wouldnt that be eight's job to stop them? or did ten have a hand in it all along? and whilst were on the timelord subject, how have they appeared to have broken out of the whole "time lock thingy"..... oh god ...*head hurts from theory overload*

yeah, thats the big thing im trying not to think about as its gonna make me explode.
  • ScaramoucheScaramouche Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ?

They talk about people dying then being resurrected only to die again pointlessly.
    I wonder if the war being 'time locked' means that it can't progress and affect the rest of the universe but those involved are locked in some sort of time loop from which they can't escape.

Of course, the Doctor has talked about seeing Gallifrey burn so this is likely to be completely wrong, however consistency hasn't been the strong point of recent series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fairly big spoiler:
    When we see Rose, she bumps into the doctor in 2005 strongly hinting that RTD has indeed hit the reset button and that "the end of time itself" is the end of the current timelime

I hope this is wrong :(
  • iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course, the Doctor has talked about seeing Gallifrey burn so this is likely to be completely wrong, however consistency hasn't been the strong point of recent series.

There have been inconsistencies and contradictions throughout the entire 46 year history of Dr Who.

I don't want to spoil anybody's fun, but too many people take this series far too seriously. :p;)

Relax, people, it's sci-fi.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor 11 talks about the time war in the leaked dialogue from the Daleks/Churchhill episode

Ergo, no reset.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maybe because time is fhuked he timelords pre-war have to save the future, then the timelines go back and they die, without being able to save theirelves
    Forum Member
    Eliott256 wrote: »
    Fairly big spoiler:
    When we see Rose, she bumps into the doctor in 2005 strongly hinting that RTD has indeed hit the reset button and that "the end of time itself" is the end of the current timelime

If that IS true, then i think it would be a surprisingly neat concept/ imagine that - rose and everyone, no one knows or remembers the doctor, and the doc would have to live with that!

Oh GOD, all this is brilliant, all the possible theories about what might happen. *fan squee*
  • ScaramoucheScaramouche Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haven't RTD and others said that the Time War started when the 4th Doctor first met Davros in Genesis of the Daleks? In which case, unless that was stopped the war would still be inevitable. That'd be a hell of a reset.
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eliott256 wrote: »
    Fairly big spoiler:

I hate to say it, but I do feel theres a risk this could happen.

1) It resets all the Invasions etc, so the doctor isn't know, humans don't know about aliens etc.
    2) It would bring Rose back into this universe
    3) It would allow the Darleks, timelords, etc back into the series without having to explain them.
    4) It releases River Song from her 'death'.

Ok, think of it this way. The TimeLords (plus the Darleks) are time-locked in some loop, reliving the last day of 'time' over and over again. Somehow the Master 'breaks' into this, and the timelords threaten to break back into time.

The only way the Doctor can stop this is to reverse the events of time, and erase the last 5years, egro the Doctor (ten) actually does die, and it's Dr Eight which regenerates into Matt Smith. Certain things remain or exist (such as the Jessica Hynes bit). Rose is back, and who knows what happens to Donna or Wilf.

Bizzare, probably a load of fanwank, but possible.
  • starsailorstarsailor Posts: 11,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Doctor 11 talks about the time war in the leaked dialogue from the Daleks/Churchhill episode

Ergo, no reset.

Unless a certain amount/most of the time war did happen, just the ending (ie the end of Dr 8 onwards) was erased.