Connection query (help)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 45
Forum Member
Ive just bought a humax freesat+. Problem is the satellite guy cant get to me for a least a week to sort out a quad LNB, new cable etc from my single one I have presently.I was wondering if I could connect this new box using just the single satellite cable I already have without a loop through cable to the other two LNBIn/LNBout connections, then just connect it up properly when the guy wires me up correctly?
thanks in advance

Comments

• GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. Just bear in mind that when you do get full connectivity that you do a factory reset so that the box recognises two feeds, otherwise you won't get full functionality with the twin tuners.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    keelo wrote: »
    Ive just bought a humax freesat+. Problem is the satellite guy cant get to me for a least a week to sort out a quad LNB, new cable etc from my single one I have presently.I was wondering if I could connect this new box using just the single satellite cable I already have without a loop through cable to the other two LNBIn/LNBout connections, then just connect it up properly when the guy wires me up correctly?
    thanks in advance

If you don't fit the short loop cable (it's just a short piece of coax and a pair of f connectors amd it's a 5 minute job to make your own) then the box will let you make recording reservations that in practice it can't do. It won't tell you till it actually tries to record because it assumes the link is present.