assuming torchwood is finished for good should they do...

allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
Forum Member
✭✭✭
The story of how captain jack becomes the face of bow and speaks differently .. as a dr who story.. assumin he really is bow that is ...

Cos I've dreamt up an ace plotline that would explain it all involving cybermen, time travel, headless horsemen, the elephant man .. and it would be a doctor lite story too..

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't that mean a timeline from Cardiff 2006 to the End of the Universe?
  • AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    The Face of Boe was around by the year 200,000 as seen in The Long Game rather briefly. So the timeframe would be about 198,000 years or so :)

That being said I don't think its a development we need to see. Maybe in a comic or a novel but the TV show wouldn't need to address such a thing...in my opinion of course :)
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    allen_who wrote: »
    The story of how captain jack becomes the face of bow and speaks differently .. as a dr who story.. assumin he really is bow that is ...

Cos I've dreamt up an ace plotline that would explain it all involving cybermen, time travel, headless horsemen, the elephant man .. and it would be a doctor lite story too..

You'll have to pitch that story to DWM or the BBC books line-
    the TV show only takes stories from solicited writers.
  • allen_whoallen_who Posts: 2,819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You'll have to pitch that story to DWM or the BBC books line-
    the TV show only takes stories from solicited writers.

Oh yeah I know that... it's a closed shop really

I meant more as a fan fiction story

Any story Canon problems don't really bother me as it's a time travel show and as such anything can change or be in flux
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Face of Boe was around by the year 200,000 as seen in The Long Game rather briefly. So the timeframe would be about 198,000 years or so :)
    Unless the Face of Boe was a time traveller as well :D
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,002
    Forum Member
    It would be nice to see CPT Jack again.

If CPT. Jack is boat face it means that his appearance over the '198,000' years changes a lot, and many times in order to end up as a head in a jar.

Also there is no reason why in the future, when Barrowmaaaannnn hangs up his boots, the role cant be played by other actors.

But it would be nice to see the Barrowman as CPt Jack/Boe storyline come up again even if just to plant a few more seeds.
  • darrenh2011darrenh2011 Posts: 2,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i want Torchwood back as it was in Series 1 and 2
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,931
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i want Torchwood back as it was in Series 1 and 2

It would have to be with a lot of new faces; nearly everybody from the original line-up had their characters killed off.

I want Torchwood to be as good as Series 3; Children of Earth was amazing. Amazing.
  • November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member

That being said I don't think its a development we need to see. Maybe in a comic or a novel but the TV show wouldn't need to address such a thing...in my opinion of course :)

That's one thing that doesn't make sense to me about the Jack/Boe theory. So he becomes the Face of Boe in as little as 198,000 years, and then he just stays the same for the next 5 billion? :confused:

Unless, of course, as aforementioned, Boe was also a time traveller.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25
    Forum Member
    Captain Jack is the face of boe?

Captain Jack Can not Die.Captain Jack was once a time agent, or pretends to be

Captain Jack wears a vortex manipulator

Dorium Sold River a vortex manipulator " Fresh off the wrist of a handsome time agent"

Dorium works from time to time with the headless monks

The Headless Monks Decapitate People

The face of Boe is a head with no body.

(I love this theory).
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    It's okay, it sounds like they've just remade Torchwood as Agents of SHIELD anyway.
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's okay, it sounds like they've just remade Torchwood as Agents of SHIELD anyway.

Yes because Torchwood invented the concept of a team of disparate characters banding together to fight crime/aliens/the forces of evil didnt it...
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Yes because Torchwood invented the concept of a team of disparate characters banding together to fight crime/aliens/the forces of evil didnt it...

With a leader who comes back from the dead? And a civilian character co-opted into the shadowy black-ops team working outside the government by witnessing them in action?

Sure, it's just two steps removed from the likes of Men in Black, but only one from Torchwood.
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With a leader who comes back from the dead? And a civilian character co-opted into the shadowy black-ops team working outside the government by witnessing them in action?

And their name emblazoned on their black SUV :D