Christmas dinner dilemma

GaditanoGaditano Posts: 2,224
Forum Member
✭✭✭
OK, we were going to have four friends round for dinner on Christmas Day, big slap-up feed (we have a goose) the works. Really looking forward to it.

Now, for complicated unavailable personal reasons, they cannot come round as planned. Two can come on December 23rd, two can come on Boxing Day. To be honest, we're happy with this, takes a bit of pressure off, BUT!!!!! Who gets the goosey dinner with all the goodies ?? Dec 23rd friends, or Boxing Day friends ? They're all old pals, we don't 'prefer' one pair.

Somebody has to get the goose, it's sitting in the freezer and me and my OH are really looking forward to it. So who gets the 'Christmas dinner' and who gets something else (which'll also be really good as my OH is a great cook) ?

Comments

• StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are all your friends also friends with each other? I would tell them the predicament and let them fight it out ;)
    Seriously though I don't think it makes much difference, cook it Xmas eve and eat it hot and ready, cook it Xmas day and serve the boxing day lot goose leftovers with fresh veg. Either way it's win win for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,856
    Forum Member
    If you cooked it on Xmas day and did leftovers for boxing day then you minimise the time spent cooking while your friends are there and you can spend more time with them. I think that would sway it for me. And you could maybe do a nice slow cooked beef joint on the evening of the 22nd so it's all ready for your friends on the 23rd and you get leftovers of that on Xmas day for you and your partner.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Your christmas dinner on christmas day.

Its up to you, but why let others dictate what you have to do.
  • GaditanoGaditano Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No point cooking a whole goose just for the two of us & we're perfectly happy to graze through loads of nibbles on Christmas Day itself.
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    I love goose!

I'd have it on Boxing Day, if I were you. The 23rd isn't as Christmassy somehow.
  • BadcatBadcat Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    I love goose!

I'd have it on Boxing Day, if I were you. The 23rd isn't as Christmassy somehow.

I agree, if it were me I'd have the goose boxing day and do something else on the 23rd (something so you can graze on leftovers the next day... mmmm... gammon sarnies..) :)
  • squirtlesquirtle Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could it be that your friends will be eating goosey dinners elsewhere on 25th and might be all goosed-out by 26th?
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd freeze the goose and go for 2 separate Christmas type meals ...... Oh no, it will be 3 won't it?