How did Jamie make it as far as he did?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 534
Forum Member
✭✭
From what I can remember he didn't do anything (good or bad) which made him stand out. He was just... there :confused:.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I can recall, he was pretty good at the beginning. I actually wanted to him to win. I'd swap him with Chris or Stella any day.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    Jamie had the brilliant idea of the water bottle/towel thingie, something I would buy. He's good at selling too, and he gets along with people. I never thought he could win but I did like him.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He looked tired at the end, like he'd had enough.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,220
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's very charismatic I think, rather than likeable (he could be smarmy and smug quite a bit of the time) which makes him a good sales person and pitching. He also seemed to be the ideas man at the beginning (with the Cuuli) but he lost a lot of shine with his naff Skiing idea in the DVD's task.

He was the male version of Liz but less articulate and slightly less intelligent (and less good), but when it comes down to it they were both only really great at sales and not much else.
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Male totty for Karen and the female viewers?:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was really surprised he was fired over the bore that is Chris to be honest. I dread the presentation next week, as lovely as Chris is, I tend to develop a serious case of attention deficit disorder when he talks :o . Jamie seemed to have more passion when he spoke in my opinion. Then again if it was up to me I would of had a Stella/Stuart final, so what do I know :p.
  • GrianneGrianne Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    He got as far as he did because the rest were hopeless, bar Liz.

Look at Joanna, small business that basically hasn;t grown in years, thick as two short planks, yet she nearly got to the final.
  • JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    I actually quite liked him and was hopeful that he would do well in the interviews. I think he got quite a tough time of it in the interviews to be honest, and certainly tougher than Stella and Chris.
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I can remember he didn't do anything (good or bad) which made him stand out. He was just... there :confused:.

Jamie was fairly good at the beginning but he just got worst and worst towards the end. Another person that is so full of his own self importance. I didn't like him at all!

Stella for the win!
  • DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamie had the brilliant idea of the water bottle/towel thingie, something I would buy. He's good at selling too, and he gets along with people. I never thought he could win but I did like him.

A good salesman, but thats about it!
  • JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    A good salesman, but thats about it!

I thought he had more than good salesman to him. He was actually a very charismatic character, more so than Stella, I would say. I actually thought that he was a contender for the final until those gruelling interviews.

But with most of these shows, I'm cynical about how they are set up, edited etc. But the interview process in itself was very telling in how tough or weak the questions were and whom they were being directed to.

Which left me feeling that that his interviews were pretty tough in comparison to Chris and Stella's, but especially Stella's.

I suppose you could argue the fact that both Chris and Stella are squeeky clean type candidates and nothing much to grill them about.

If so, why even bother having candidates like Stuart and Jamie on the show?
  • MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    Grianne wrote: »
    Look at Joanna, small business that basically hasn;t grown in years, thick as two short planks, yet she nearly got to the final.

:D:D

Jamie should give up on property and set up his own London tour bus company. He made a very entertaining tour guide!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea.

I guess its the same reason Lord Sugar fired Joanne before him. LS delivered a heart warming speech to Joanne, complete with a "regret". Then came Jamie and it was a simple 15 second segment of youre fired. He is just there. Middle of the road kind of guy that you easily forget about!

He was absolute rubbish imo though. I didnt mind him at the beginning. But i think that has more to do with the editing, rather than ability. The show hadnt really shown how boring, repetitive or how be blamed everyone else at that point...he could hide! :p

He was exactly what he is full of...cr!p!!
  • PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea.

I guess its the same reason Lord Sugar fired Joanne before him. LS delivered a heart warming speech to Joanne, complete with a "regret". Then came Jamie and it was a simple 15 second segment of youre fired. He is just there. Middle of the road kind of guy that you easily forget about!

He was absolute rubbish imo though. I didnt mind him at the beginning. But i think that has more to do with the editing, rather than ability. The show hadnt really shown how boring, repetitive or how be blamed everyone else at that point...he could hide! :p

He was exactly what he is full of...cr!p!!

Nice to look at though, and quite charming.
  • TCD1975TCD1975 Posts: 3,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From what I can recall, he was pretty good at the beginning. I actually wanted to him to win. I'd swap him with Chris or Stella any day.

Yeah, but he was totally shit by the end of the series. I thought he started out okay, but watching his display in the interviews and boardroom yesterday I couldn't belive he'd made it that far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Because he's a key cog.
  • parthyparthy Posts: 5,408
    Forum Member
    I've known for weeks that he had little substance behind the clichés, and the interviews exposed this nicely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    Neb Adra wrote: »
    I was really surprised he was fired over the bore that is Chris to be honest. I dread the presentation next week, as lovely as Chris is, I tend to develop a serious case of attention deficit disorder when he talks :o . Jamie seemed to have more passion when he spoke in my opinion. Then again if it was up to me I would of had a Stella/Stuart final, so what do I know :p.

Although presentational style is important, it is surely far more important to pay attention to what is actually said. From Chris you always get a well-reasoned case. From Jamie you get absolute waffle. To suggest Jamie should have got to the final over Chris is the most absurd statement I've read on this forum. Jamie, like Joanna, was so far out of his depth last night that I seriously have to question the process leading up to the semi-final. I think Liz and Paloma would have made far more credible interviewees.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22
    Forum Member
    I really liked Jamie and thought he justified getting to the last three, hope he does really well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    eddiebaby wrote: »
    Although presentational style is important, it is surely far more important to pay attention to what is actually said. From Chris you always get a well-reasoned case. From Jamie you get absolute waffle. To suggest Jamie should have got to the final over Chris is the most absurd statement I've read on this forum. Jamie, like Joanna, was so far out of his depth last night that I seriously have to question the process leading up to the semi-final. I think Liz and Paloma would have made far more credible interviewees.

I do not appreciate you calling my views "absurd", it's only a television programme and I'm entitled to my opinion. Chris has never wowed me, even when I could concentrate on what he was saying. Jamie could be a bit hit and miss with the way he did business, but when he had a good thing going he was one of the best there. This is all my own opinion of course and you are most likely to disagree but please don't degrade my opinion. I wouldn't tell you that you're absurd for thinking that Liz or Paloma should be in the final, even though I thought they went out at the right time and should not of reached the interview stage.
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad I'm not the only one who's mystified about this. Furthermore I can't believe Joanna was fired before him.

He was (and is!) a toadying gobsh!te AFAIC - right from the word go!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was Joanna that was the gobshite. Most undeserving 'with regret' in series history.
  • JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was Joanna that was the gobshite. Most undeserving 'with regret' in series history.

Whilst it's understandable your sticking up for someone for whom you clearly have an enormous amount of affection, making absurd statements like this is rather silly and does nothing for your credibility.

Joanna has been one of the most well liked candidates in the history of the programme with only a tiny (but often very vociferous) minority bucking the trend.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crap!

I'm not really a Jamie fan, he was a nice enough fellah

Can't the same about Joanne, who was a rude, obnoxious little madam. She put on this 'Jo the cleaner' crap act to get an easy ride from the interviewers and that did for her. The crocodile tears did nothing for me when I think of how she put Laura, Jamie and indeed whatshername who got fired in week 2 through hell.
  • JepsonJepson Posts: 3,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crap!

I'm not really a Jamie fan, he was a nice enough fellah

Can't the same about Joanne, who was a rude, obnoxious little madam. She put on this 'Jo the cleaner' crap act to get an easy ride from the interviewers and that did for her. The crocodile tears did nothing for me when I think of how she put Laura, Jamie and indeed whatshername who got fired in week 2 through hell.

Well, you can think that if you like. :rolleyes:

But you're way out of kilter with:

Nick and Karen
    Most of the members here
    Lord Sugar
    The interview panel
    The panel on YF
    And her fellow competitors.

Have fun. :D