Pointless on Challenge from 13 Sep, 8pm

fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Does anyone know what series/episode they started from?

The Jackpot was already over £3000 so it couldnt have been Series 1 episode 1 .

AA and Richard looked years younger - and Pointless hasnt been aroud that long.

Comments

• gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They started from episode 2 of series 1 for some reason.

Someone has the 1st episode of series 1 on youtube & you can see the 4 returning couples that were on tonights episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgAwibWJ3NQ&feature=related
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    fugitive wrote: »
    Does anyone know what series/episode they started from?

The Jackpot was already over £3000 so it couldnt have been Series 1 episode 1 .

AA and Richard looked years younger - and Pointless hasnt been aroud that long.

I actually thought Richard looked pretty much the same as he does in the current series while Zander looked years younger. How can anyone lose that much hair in two years?
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the guy on episode 3 on the far right with glasses- ive seen him on something else recently but cant remember what it was.
  • KarlyKarly Posts: 10,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Caught this the other night - isn't it funny to see how things evolve? Have watched Pointless from the start and it is odd to see now how boring it was at the start with the three first rounds all the same. And how the antics of Xander and Richard have evolved too from a very staid beginning. :)
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karly wrote: »
    Caught this the other night - isn't it funny to see how things evolve? Have watched Pointless from the start and it is odd to see now how boring it was at the start with the three first rounds all the same. And how the antics of Xander and Richard have evolved too from a very staid beginning. :)

I agree that it was odd to have the first three rounds all the same, but they were the rounds that made Pointless popular in the first place. I far prefer this type of round to the ones where contestants choose from a list.
  • KarlyKarly Posts: 10,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree that it was odd to have the first three rounds all the same, but they were the rounds that made Pointless popular in the first place. I far prefer this type of round to the ones where contestants choose from a list.
    I know what you mean, but I think it very much depends on the subject. Rounds with "words ending in" for example are great with no list, but take today's example of rocks (!) - without a list there would probably have been about three answers, then everyone would have been stuck and it would have been very tedious indeed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    According to their Facebook page, Challenge are not showing episode 1 or 6 from this series. Why? I don't know.
  • The GathererThe Gatherer Posts: 2,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karly wrote: »
    I know what you mean, but I think it very much depends on the subject. Rounds with "words ending in" for example are great with no list, but take today's example of rocks (!) - without a list there would probably have been about three answers, then everyone would have been stuck and it would have been very tedious indeed.

Yes, that's a good point. With the lists it gives the option of other subjects (I remember the one about lettuce leaves!).
  • fugitivefugitive Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why has it been taken off?

According to Radio Times it returns next week.