Options

The Apprentice Series 5 - Episode 6 - BBC 1 (9-10pm)

1343536373840»

Comments

• Options
    JTWJTW Posts: 41,922
    Forum Member
    I find it VERY suspicious that he bought the rug without it being opened out so he could look at it.
    Who's going to buy a rug that they haven't seen?

Hmm, now that you mention it, it could have had a big giant hole in the middle of it for all he knew.

Yep agree....very suspect.
  • Options
    Foxy RhinoFoxy Rhino Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    WinterFire wrote: »
    Perhaps the target prices were less than the quoted valuations.

Possibly.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    googleking wrote: »
    Hold on a minute! THE SKELETONS ARE BOTH IN THE STUDIO. (One either side)

But I thought they sold them "to random members of the public".

Did the BBC buy them back off the lucky buyers, or were the lucky buyers all plants????!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!

Good spot.
    I got the feeling that things were amiss with the guy on the street who passed by and who bought the rug without even looking at it. Looked like a plant to me.
    (Not the rug, the guy:D)
  • Options
    WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    Good spot.
    I got the feeling that things were amiss with the guy on the street who passed by and who bought the rug without even looking at it. Looked like a plant to me.
    (Not the rug, the guy:D)

In real life all the cameras would be a giveaway that these are not just random people trying to sell stuff on the street. I mean, if you see a large group of obnoxious prats in expensive suits selling tat for pennies, with a camera crew, it would just scream "Apprentice". And a lot of people might spend £50 with the expectation of being on the telly. Not only that, but I bet you could make a pretty penny by selling the rug on ebay.
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    googleking wrote: »
    Hold on a minute! THE SKELETONS ARE BOTH IN THE STUDIO. (One either side)

But I thought they sold them "to random members of the public".

Did the BBC buy them back off the lucky buyers, or were the lucky buyers all plants????!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!

Who said they're the exact same ones?
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    I find it VERY suspicious that he bought the rug without it being opened out so he could look at it.

Good point. Although his fears for the rug were probably allayed seeing "Margaret from The Apprentice" trailing them. :D
  • Options
    Scarlet O'HaraScarlet O'Hara Posts: 6,933
    Forum Member
    WinterFire wrote: »
    In real life all the cameras would be a giveaway that these are not just random people trying to sell stuff on the street. I mean, if you see a large group of obnoxious prats in expensive suits selling tat for pennies, with a camera crew, it would just scream "Apprentice". And a lot of people might spend £50 with the expectation of being on the telly. Not only that, but I bet you could make a pretty penny by selling the rug on ebay.

Didn't spot your post before mine about Margaret. She's a bit of a giveaway too. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Sorry if this has been mentioned already but were both teams actually familiar with the rules. At first even I assumed that it was a cumulative total ie everything you sell adds up to a positive amount. Both teams were trying to get rid of their items at the end. The rug for example that was sold for £50 was a massive error of judgement. Surely any rug is going to be worth more than that value? This would have been a terrible task to try and earn on, what something is "worth" is not going to be reflected in what you can sell it for in an afternoon. This implies that if one sold nothing the balance would be 0 or break even therefore one would actually have won the task. Did anyone actually understand this challenge properly. For example did the winning team merely not sell because they could not or they thought they would make a loss?
  • Options
    sharon7sharon7 Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Hi

Sorry if this has already been asked but when is Apprentice repeated? i thought it was on Thursday at 7pm on BBC2 buts its not listed.

Thanks

S
  • Options
    chestfieldchestfield Posts: 3,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mc_blue wrote: »
    Sorry if this has been mentioned already but were both teams actually familiar with the rules........................ Did anyone actually understand this challenge properly. For example did the winning team merely not sell because they could not or they thought they would make a loss?

I'm sure somebody, (? "Cassandra"), said something like "we didn't really read the dossier"
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member

Combination of a couple of drinks after work, tv cameras and Margaret would probably persuade a quite a few people to shell out £50 for the chance of being on the tv.
  • Options
    comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Combination of a couple of drinks after work, tv cameras and Margaret would probably persuade a quite a few people to shell out £50 for the chance of being on the tv.

i bet he trashed it with red wine, muddy shoes etc.... then watched the apprentice and thought - ug - 200 quid!!!

:D
  • Options
    russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chestfield wrote: »
    I'm sure somebody, (? "Cassandra"), said something like "we didn't really read the dossier"

I really wish we could see this 'dossier'. Nobody really got told off for not reading/understanding it which is what lost them the task. Essentially they could have sat on their hands and won (since the other team made a loss) I think. Is that right?
  • Options
    PickpussPickpuss Posts: 72,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Al Murray turned into Harry Hill for a minute there

Al Murray used to be on Harry Hill's first ever TV programme when he used to have the Badger Parade, Al was known as Big Brother Alan :)

Please re-assure me that someone else remembers and watched this :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Pickpuss wrote: »
    Al Murray used to be on Harry Hill's first ever TV programme when he used to have the Badger Parade, Al was known as Big Brother Alan :)

Please re-assure me that someone else remembers and watched this :o

Yes he did, he also played "Coco" in the clown union/Ben Kingsley/Crossroads sketch.
  • Options
    tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sharon7 wrote: »
    Hi

Sorry if this has already been asked but when is Apprentice repeated? i thought it was on Thursday at 7pm on BBC2 buts its not listed.

Thanks

S

It's not on tonight because of the snooker. It's on Saturday 11.10pm BBC2
  • Options
    cookie_365cookie_365 Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good point. Although his fears for the rug were probably allayed seeing "Margaret from The Apprentice" trailing them. :D
    Though 'apprentice rug' isn't coming up with any ebay matches :confused:
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wish we could see this 'dossier'. Nobody really got told off for not reading/understanding it which is what lost them the task. Essentially they could have sat on their hands and won (since the other team made a loss) I think. Is that right?

Exactly. The instructions for this task were unclear and the task was difficult enough as it was.
  • Options
    triton333triton333 Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k-bola wrote: »
    Clearly you have never been to Middlesborough - smog capital of the UK.

Middlesbrough.
  • Options
    nattoyakinattoyaki Posts: 7,080
    Forum Member
    triton333 wrote: »
    Middlesbrough.

Surely you mean Mydilsburgh?