Options

Purina Gourmet Perle Rip-Off

PhredPhred Posts: 1,147
Forum Member
✭✭✭
This is the only cat food my cat likes.

However the packets state they are 86g nett weight, but we have checked them, and the full packets weigh between 83 and 90g, but the actual contents weigh no more than 80g, usually less.

I think they have mixed up Gross and Nett weight.

Think I am going to write and complain.

Comments

• Options
    workhorseworkhorse Posts: 2,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phred wrote: »
    This is the only cat food my cat likes.

However the packets state they are 86g nett weight, but we have checked them, and the full packets weigh between 83 and 90g, but the actual contents weigh no more than 80g, usually less.

I think they have mixed up Gross and Nett weight.

Think I am going to write and complain.

or report to trading Standards.first check your scales are accurate.well spoted op.
  • Options
    dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I noticed that they seem more or less half empty.:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny you should mention this, because I've just finished a box that I thought must have had a production problem, because the sachets seemed to be far, far lighter than they used to be -- i.e. as you say, half empty.

I wonder if they've taken a leaf out of Cadbury's book and reduced the sizes?
  • Options
    MitzygMitzyg Posts: 135
    Forum Member
    I think the same, but my cat likes them so I have to but them, the ocean delicacies is the worst, some times there is just loads of gravy, although my cat likes that, she always licks the gravy first anyway
  • Options
    Sue_CSue_C Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zebedee & Angel only like Gourmet meat & gravy varieties. I haven't really noticed any difference in portion size. I stockpile boxes when I can find them on special offer as I refuse to pay £4.89 per box.

Sainsburys and Tesco used to have special offers quite regularly, but they seem to be much less frequent nowadays. I'm getting them from Amazon subscribe and save at the moment.
  • Options
    dollylovesshoesdollylovesshoes Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think ocado have been selling them £3.75 a box! Now this is the Perla ones in the brown box? Only 8 to a box though.
  • Options
    Sue_CSue_C Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think ocado have been selling them £3.75 a box! Now this is the Perla ones in the brown box? Only 8 to a box though.

The boxes of 12 work out a bit cheaper. Still extortionate though!
  • Options
    PhredPhred Posts: 1,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We buy ours from Jolley's where they always seem to be £4 for a box of 12 pouches. Although have used Pets At Home where they have worked out at £3.50 on a multi-buy.

Have just noticed that newer boxes have removed the "nett" from the weight, it is the older boxes that state 86gram nett. So looks like it is the current "Cadbury" non-price rise trick, albeit carried out by Nestle!
  • Options
    hustedhusted Posts: 5,287
    Forum Member
    Gourmet Perle Chefs Selection 48 packs -85 g (or thereabouts!)

Amazon- (Subscribe & Save) £15.11 (31p each)

Free delivery.