Options

Caroline Flack - finally ....

2»

Comments

• Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with the poster above who said they thought Tim was being bitchy, there was no need for that comment. Zoe I thought panicked a bit and probably thought Oh we don't have time to get into all of that.
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    curvybabes wrote: »
    I agree with the poster above who said they thought Tim was being bitchy, there was no need for that comment. Zoe I thought panicked a bit and probably thought Oh we don't have time to get into all of that.

Perhaps Zoe was confused why Tim singled out one person when everyone else in the semis has previous dance experience and to be honest the only one I have seen repeatedly denying any dance training is Mark.
  • Options
    NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »
    Perhaps Zoe was confused why Tim singled out one person when everyone else in the semis has previous dance experience and to be honest the only one I have seen repeatedly denying any dance training is Mark.

Jake doesn't
  • Options
    KatenutzsKatenutzs Posts: 2,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    coppertop1 wrote: »

Mark states he has no experience every week, not sure Jake has had any but you never know someone might find summat on u tube :D
  • Options
    mintchocchipmintchocchip Posts: 16,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found it very odd when Tim said that ITT, it was almost like he was implying she was the only one with experience when the majority of contestants left do!

And it has been on the BBC site since the start of the series, and she hasn't been claiming not to have danced before either.
  • Options
    coppertop1coppertop1 Posts: 4,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nosaer wrote: »
    Jake doesn't

True apparently
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    Ignazio wrote: »
    Please list.:)

See above!
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In fact, Jake said again on ITT this week that he'd never danced before.

I know people focused on Scott about believing he was better than the judges thought he was, but I thought that applied as much, if not more to Tim. I'm sure he thought that as long as he did what his pro told him to do, the judges would love him and give him great scores. Also that allowances should be made for his age and lack of experience.

I have found it odd the way Zoe has handled any reference to previous experience, sometimes even repeating wrong information about a celeb. Really not sure what's going on there, although I suspect she simply doesn't know what line she should be taking. By now though you'd think she'd have got it sorted in her head.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In fact, Jake said again on ITT this week that he'd never danced before.

I know people focused on Scott about believing he was better than the judges thought he was, but I thought that applied as much, if not more to Tim. I'm sure he thought that as long as he did what his pro told him to do, the judges would love him and give him great scores. Also that allowances should be made for his age and lack of experience.

I have found it odd the way Zoe has handled any reference to previous experience, sometimes even repeating wrong information about a celeb. Really not sure what's going on there, although I suspect she simply doesn't know what line she should be taking. By now though you'd think she'd have got it sorted in her head.

Agree about Tim. I think many at time thought he was joking but it became clear (to me anyway) that he was being serious. Thankfully he went when he did. Poor Nat.
  • Options
    sradiasradia Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps Caroline has been quite upfront about it with the other celebs (as it's on the BBC website it's clearly not something she is trying to hide) and Tim isn't aware of Simon's past experience, Frankie's mum etc?

I'm sure Carolines past experience has been a helpful to a degree, I never saw her previous programme, but I would imagine dancing with someone in a wheelchair would be quite a bit different too? The ballroom hold for example, lifts, being led...

Again with Frankie, we have no idea how much or how little she picked up from her mother, if much at all, and Simon learning one dance will not have made him streets ahead of his celeb peers. Mark says he is a novice...(is the jury still out on that one?) and Jake does seem to have had no dance experience at all, fortunately as an actor he can really 'perform' the dance.

I honestly don't think any of the remaining dancers has a massive advantage over the others, perhaps Zoe just wasn't expecting the question and didn't want to get in to it as she knows the majority of the dancers left have some 'experience' to one extent or another.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's worth remembering that a lot of viewers may not be online and would never know what is on the website unless it was mentioned on the show.

A general observation rather than picking on any particular celeb.
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    It's worth remembering that a lot of viewers may not be online and would never know what is on the website unless it was mentioned on the show.

A general observation rather than picking on any particular celeb.

Good point.
    It's about time they sent town criers around at the start of the series to announce the celebs' backgrounds.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good point.
    It's about time they sent town criers around at the start of the series to announce the celebs' backgrounds.

Or just saying so on the show....as I suggested above.

That way, those who care about these things (of which I am not especially one) can make their minds up how they feel about it.
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The panel members will hardly be objective as they are (almost) always asked who they want to win so have favourites. And why shouldn't they but it could be unfair if the producers don't balance it out by bringing on guests happy to trump all contestants equally and fairly. Many viewers will be taken in and influenced by the stuff they hear on ITT

I reserve the right to say I'm talking utter cojones if the guests say Caroline is brilliant and MDF is an embarrassment :D
  • Options
    Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tim kind of annoyed me by saying that tbh. Knowing that people have dance training makes the public turn against them (unfairly imo.) He should be aware of the show enough to know that and it comes across as a bit spiteful to single one contestant out. I felt for Zoe having to try and diffuse the situation.
  • Options
    humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MayD wrote: »
    The panel members will hardly be objective as they are (almost) always asked who they want to win so have favourites. And why shouldn't they but it could be unfair if the producers don't balance it out by bringing on guests happy to trump all contestants equally and fairly. Many viewers will be taken in and influenced by the stuff they hear on ITT

I reserve the right to say I'm talking utter cojones if the guests say Caroline is brilliant and MDF is an embarrassment :D

I used to feel the same, but I realise that when I like someone, I don't suddenly change my mind because a celeb on the telly has a different opinion....more likely I will get irritated and want to see a celeb come on soon backing my favourite for the sake of balance. And by your post, I think you feel the same. if we're not influenced, it's probably the same for everyone else?
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So now knowing that the information has actually been available on the BBC SCD website since day one, what is your opinion. Ignazio?

By the way, I can sympathise. Together with a fractured elbow I have had a lurgy for several days, too.
    I typed a response Cally's mum - but it was far too long and convoluted and I'm still coughing for England so forgive me if I don't go into detail.

Thank the Lord that when I dislocated my shoulder I didn't have to cope with this awful virus at the same time.
  • Options
    MonaoggMonaogg Posts: 19,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Notwithstanding all this wheelchair dancing was 5 years ago. Though it might explain her tendency to look down rather than out to the audience.
  • Options
    Jim KowalskiJim Kowalski Posts: 4,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Monaogg wrote: »
    Notwithstanding all this wheelchair dancing was 5 years ago. Though it might explain her tendency to look down rather than out to the audience.

...or her comment on ITT tonight about wanting wheels for the foxtrot,
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    I typed a response Cally's mum - but it was far too long and convoluted and I'm still coughing for England so forgive me if I don't go into detail.

Thank the Lord that when I dislocated my shoulder I didn't have to cope with this awful virus at the same time.

Still none the wiser, but I can understand if you're ailing!!!! I do hope you feel better soon. My lurgy is nowhere near as bad as it was at the weekend so bear up, look after yourself and get well!
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    I do think Caroline's dance experience is at a different level from the others which seems to have passed without remark despite what is said on the website. The usual tack taken by apologists for the previously trained dancers is that their dancing training, however extensive, isn't ballroom/Latin (its usually contemporary and/or ballet as with Pixie and Frankie) and therefore is no great advantage when learning ballroom in particular. In Caroline's case she has had at the very least months of ballroom/Latin training (as well as the usual stage school stuff) from Brain and Kristina in her previous series. Now the apologists say, well it was to dance with a wheel chair partner so quite different from able bodied but I really don't think that cuts much ice in terms of footwork and basic technique and seems to me to put her on a different plane from the declared prior training of any previous celebrity contestant. So I do understand Tim's pique!
  • Options
    Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do think Caroline's dance experience is at a different level from the others which seems to have passed without remark despite what is said on the website. The usual tack taken by apologists for the previously trained dancers is that their dancing training, however extensive, isn't ballroom/Latin (its usually contemporary and/or ballet as with Pixie and Frankie) and therefore is no great advantage when learning ballroom in particular. In Caroline's case she has had at the very least months of ballroom/Latin training (as well as the usual stage school stuff) from Brain and Kristina in her previous series. Now the apologists say, well it was to dance with a wheel chair partner so quite different from able bodied but I really don't think that cuts much ice in terms of footwork and basic technique and seems to me to put her on a different plane from the declared prior training of any previous celebrity contestant. So I do understand Tim's pique!

In that case, how come she has not been as good as, say Pixie (irrespective of her going out last week)? How come she hasn't been top of the leaderboard every week (indeed, why hasn't every dance been near-perfect)?

See, this argument about 'more trained' only really works if the person accused is absolutely brilliant all the time and nails everything from the get go.

Of course, her nerves have a lot to do with it, but if she had so much if an advantage then she would have never been off the top since day one and obviously she was. Because others were better ... Which is weird, given this so called intensive training.
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it bothers him that much he could have refused to participate in protest
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Dancing on Wheels lasted 5 episodes I hardly think she has the same amount of dance training as Pixie, Frankie even Simon she hasn't been dancing on videos or live tours for years, I remember Olly trying to get her to dance on Xtra Factor and she would never do it.