Talksport's Alan Brazil is Sacked

Comments

• storageboxstoragebox Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Petingo wrote:
    *I think H&J are far and away the best thing on TS, but that doesn't mean they need to get lazy by appearing not to be seeking out new material to end the show with*

Luca....that is akin to saying someone is the best downhill skier in Holland.

They don't have much opposition.... :D

They spend enough time telling us about what to do if we get asked to fill out a "radio diary" - maybe they should just contribute to this - Alan Sugar joined in a thread on Personal Video Recorders and that was one of the best I have followed.
  • LucaLuca Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee Clayton's TS Thierry Henry exclusive interview snippets sound absolutely intriguing! Bearing in mind the snippets should be a taster of the real juicy bits to come..I can't wait to hear Henry expand upon his.. "this was the turning point of the season," comments for the recent Spurs game and..."the team wasn't playing very well," remark to explain his lack of form at Juventus...Next TS exlcusive humdinger of an expose..David Beckham talks about his memories of the Eastbound Central Line in Leytonstone...
  • PetingoPetingo Posts: 973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, Luca.

This interview sounds as appealing as a visit to the dentist.

I certainly won't be tuning in.
  • Andrea JacksonAndrea Jackson Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can we put the proverbial padlock on this thread please - it breaks the rules for two reasons:
    1. The thread starter has copied an entire article - surely posting a link to this would be better. Doesn't it break copyright??
    2. Suggesting someone is "sacked" could be construed as libel by some people.
    3. Let's not descend into slanging matches.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep it open, please!!

With the greatest of respect....it's a good thread and hardly libellous. It's down to the moderators to police threads and not the members. The mods seem okay with it so far.You can always alert a mod privately if a thread causes you offence, so why do it on the thread itself? Also, I don't know what your definition of an 'internet slanging match' is? But you can't have witnessed too many juicy ones, otherwise you would surely see that by suggesting this thread has 'slanging match' possibilities is like comparing Virtual bare knuckle prizefighting to Net crown green knitting!

The majority of this thread has been constructive and thought-provoking. The amount of member participation in it must tell you that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    Petingo wrote:
    Agreed, Luca.

This interview sounds as appealing as a visit to the dentist.

I certainly won't be tuning in.
    you didn't miss anything-typical footballers interview,spoke a lot without saying anything.:yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Henry talking about his favourite Muppet - not Graham Poll... was about the strength of it..

I am sure Clayton was taking the rise out of the stand-in fishing geezer on the handover - talking about Muppets to him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought Andrew Gilligan was a great guest on the James Whale Sunday Programme.

He had some very interesting things to say.

Whaley is doping very well in this slot, IMO.

Freed from the encunbrance of the whackos and looney tunes who populate he night programme, he presents a very good programme.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Freed from the countless oddball land of psychic and UFO shows he does on the late night programmes, Whale is actually giving us some excellent speech radio on his Sunday brunchie-type outings.

John Nichol was also a very good guest today.Uri Geller, in non-spoon-bending mode (er..can he unbend a bent spoon?), talking about Michael Jackson, was very listenable,too.
    Forum Member
    Petingo wrote:
    I thought Andrew Gilligan was a great guest on the James Whale Sunday Programme.

He had some very interesting things to say.

Whaley is doping very well in this slot, IMO.

Freed from the encunbrance of the whackos and looney tunes who populate he night programme, he presents a very good programme.
    it was a good show,i wish they'd put whale on in the weekday morning slot.i don't always agree with him,but he's polished and articulate unlike that mumbling drunkard dickin,BTW i heard an old trail for dickin from last year the other day-he spoke clearly on the clips,sounded like a different man.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whale is brilliant.

There was a very silly woman on the phone last Sunday, making exuses for the mistreatment and torture of the Iraqi prisoners.

He gave her enuff rope for her to hang herself......whilst remaining very polite and not having to resort to the Dicen or Wolf trick of just cutting a person who disagrees with you off.
  • ToenToen Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still miss Degsy. What happened to that Liverpool council leftie? Was he sacked? Bring him back and Tommy Boyd. Lets have more controversy and less football. In fact lets have Talk Radio back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    where is John Kearns on talksport going.

pretty good show even though it is on so late
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member
    QUOTE]John Kearns to Leave talkSPORT
    Added: Wednesday 19th May

talkSPORT's 'Overnight Show' presenter John Kearns is to the leave the station to take up further commitments with his television work.

Kearns initially joined in the station when it launched in 2000 as presenter of the 'Memorabilia Show' and other sports shows including 'The Season Ticket' and 'Football First. He left in 2001 and re-joined talkSPORT when Mark Green was sacked by the station last year.

Although Kearns is leaving as a full-time presenter, he will be returning as a stand-in presenter on occasions other presenter are absent.

Steve Jones and Duncan Barkes will be presenting the show for the immediate future but there has been no decision as yet to who will replace Kearns on a permanent basis.

More news as we get it at www.talksport1089.co.uk [/QUOTE]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    QUOTE]John Kearns to Leave talkSPORT
    Added: Wednesday 19th May

Steve Jones and Duncan Barkes will be presenting the show for the immediate future but there has been no decision as yet to who will replace Kearns on a permanent basis.

Good to hear Steve Jones back on a more regular slot. One of this country's unsung broadcasting greats.
    Forum Member
    why was mark green sacked?
  • Ian CleverlyIan Cleverly Posts: 10,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    John Kearns to Leave talkSPORT

I wondered what was going on with that respect, as the Sky Digital EPG had him down as hosting his "penultimate" show this morning. Now it looks like I do know!
  • Soul_AssassinSoul_Assassin Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Ah, tis' a shame!

Good luck to the guy, I look forward to his return!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Ah, tis' a shame!

Good luck to the guy, I look forward to his return!

I'll miss John.I genueinly enjoyed his early morning show.I know it was variant of Collins's old show,but the forumua works,plus Spanner was far less annoying than the chattering sycophants Collins had working for him (bar the "legendary" Mike,Kev and Miff combo).I love his link up with Al Rantel too.

Mark Green was terrible,lets face it.He sounded so darned miserable on air it must have a chore for hm to get to work !
    However i beleive he was unhappy with having to make his show a "Creatures of the Night" mark 2 that it proberbly affected his demenor with the audicence.When John Kearns came on,everything just seemed to work right from the go.

It also helped elevate Roger form Brisol l to near legendary status ;)

Good Morning
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 304
    Forum Member
    on the rare occasions that i have heard john kearns show, i thought he did a fine job, it is a shame that talksport are losing one of the few remaining talents that are left at the station.
  • Soul_AssassinSoul_Assassin Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Mush wrote:
    Good Morning

Good Mawnin' to you too :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    john kearns show was purile mindless crap thank god he's
    gone &i wont miss spanner either mabye we'll get
    something pitched at a more adult level now they
    could do a hell of a lot worse than get mark green back
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Purile as in puerile?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    Luca wrote:
    Purile as in puerile?

yes thank you for correcting me i always knew you have to go to
    rushden for a proper education all that money pater wasted on
    harrow ppsshhawww!!!!!!!
  • square_eyessquare_eyes Posts: 7,559
    Forum Member
    Why do we have to endure this crap "Come on England" variant of "Come on Eileen" they've come up with a few times every hour. It's just abysmal.