Options

Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• Options
    BreadstixBreadstix Posts: 10,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does the woman on the Always Dailies ad sniff her fingers accompanied by the voice over 'Feel nothing but beautiful freshness' :eek:
  • Options
    defying_gravitydefying_gravity Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    "BRIAN you're so money supermarket"

ENOUGH ALREADY!!! :mad::mad::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    What the heck is with those ridiculous walls ads?

'Obviously, he can't express himself cos he's just a bloke really...'

Last time I checked, insulting half your target market was not good practice.

Don't stress, I'm not particularly insulted and I can actually express myself.

PS Its not me in the advert :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really, really object to Studio Christmas catalogue being advertised in June, please leave us alone
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

THIS!! :mad:
    tinkie wrote: »
    I really, really object to Studio Christmas catalogue being advertised in June, please leave us alone
    Seriously?! Who the hell cares about Christmas in JUNE?! :mad:
  • Options
    NormandieNormandie Posts: 4,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Advertisers seem to think that the more irritating the ad the more likely to want to buy the product...
    The more irritating the ad, the more we are likely to remember the brand or the company - unless the ad is particularly obtuse - and even then it has been carefully crafted to hit its target market. It's a bit of a cliché but even so: if you don't like / understand an ad, you are not its target audience. Knowing this doesn't stop ads infuriating me too, of course...

And it's a long-term thing. Irritation with an ad (gocompare is the exception, of course :D) will fade over time but the likelihood is that we'll still remember the brand when we want a... whatever it is.
    Ænima wrote: »
    What the heck is with those ridiculous walls ads?

'Obviously, he can't express himself cos he's just a bloke really...'

Last time I checked, insulting half your target market was not good practice.
    Yeah, but... a chunk of that target market will be proud of their manly inarticulacy and therefore the ad will hit their spot...

Ewwww...?
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    THIS!! :mad:

Seriously?! Who the hell cares about Christmas in JUNE?! :mad:

They should leave Christmas ads til November at the earliest :mad: The Park catalogue sounds like its for Jeremy Kyle types who have to save for everything on credit :p
  • Options
    Terry WigonTerry Wigon Posts: 6,831
    Forum Member
    eviled2010 wrote: »
    Richmond Ham...with the guy with the bare arse walking across the screen! WTF?

I thought their sausage ad was bad, this is just awful!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Maybe they want to show from where the ham is sourced! :eek:

I HATE the Rishmond sausage advert as well. Truly awful. A couple of 'mammy's boys' look odd in that advert too.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    This time.. the twee cover versions have gone TOO FAR! :mad: This guitar punk classic by the Buzzcocks should not be touched! :mad::(

I agree. the f*ckers have crossed the line:mad:

<pulls out Colt .45, racks the slide and aims at face of pony-tailed ad exec a la John Candy in The Big Lebowski>
  • Options
    chuffsterchuffster Posts: 8,816
    Forum Member
    I agree. the f*ckers have crossed the line:mad:

<pulls out Colt .45, racks the slide and aims at face of pony-tailed ad exec a la John Candy in The Big Lebowski>

John Candy wasn't in The Big Lebowski-John Goodman was though :p
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

That one makes me want to put my foot through my TV screen :mad:
    They should leave Christmas ads til November at the earliest :mad: The Park catalogue sounds like its for Jeremy Kyle types who have to save for everything on credit :p

Ocean Finance customers maybe? Remember those hideous adverts with the ugly people? Ugh they were vile.
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Kayak. I saw it for the first time last night, and hope it was its only showing - a brain surgeon operating on an unconscious patient, the probes in his brain causing him to type on a keyboard to research the surgeon's holiday. Beyond bad taste.

Oreos - has that annoying little madam under the table made this list yet? Not only does she tell Daddy he can't have a biscuit, and he accepts her say-so, she Dunks it! ew, dunking biscuits is like nails on a blackboard to me.
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Normandie wrote: »
    if you don't like / understand an ad, you are not its target audience.

Er, not quite. It simply means that you personally, don't like / are irritated by said ad. Nothing more.

You're surely not suggesting that the ad industry is so crammed full of infallible marketing geniuses, that it's impossible that they might ever make crap ads ?
  • Options
    Miss_MaladroitMiss_Maladroit Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Yes, what is the point of that dopey cow? :eek:

Serves us right for watching J.Vile I suppose.

That is true. I got quite addicted to it for a while (despite being totally disgusted by the man), it became my daily routine to cook lunch in time for Jeremy Vile at half 1, then start getting ready for work after the second episode finished :(

Thank arse there are some decent shows on Virgin TV On Demand, haha!
  • Options
    suzielou1970suzielou1970 Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    The pilgrim cheese advert with the tiny cowboy is really odd - gives me the creeps!
    Im sure people will complain when he points the gun at the cat- very creepy!!:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The pilgrim cheese advert with the tiny cowboy is really odd - gives me the creeps!
    Im sure people will complain when he points the gun at the cat- very creepy!!:confused:

I keep thinking he's threatening to slit his throat at first.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tombola bingo ad....:confused:

What has a load of overweight people mucking about got to do with online bingo?.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    That one makes me want to put my foot through my TV screen :mad:

Ocean Finance customers maybe? Remember those hideous adverts with the ugly people? Ugh they were vile.

I can still remember those stupid ads with those pillocks with enormous lightbulbs on their heads :eek::D:o
    "Oooh look, Ocean Finance have got their own TV channel" :o
  • Options
    defying_gravitydefying_gravity Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    Tourista wrote: »
    Tombola bingo ad....:confused:

What has a load of overweight people mucking about got to do with online bingo?.
    haha! I saw that one today and wondered the same thing.
    Hate all bingo ads (especially Big Brother bingo and thet cheeky boom-boom one).

Another awful one - the one with the screaming scotch egg and spoon. Ughhhh.

Any ad about TOWIE and anything to do with any of its characters. If the ads annoy me this much I don't get how anyone sits through an hour of it. Most annoying is that one with that guy and all his mates, or should I say "en-a-rage".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    chuffster wrote: »
    John Candy wasn't in The Big Lebowski-John Goodman was though :p

:o:o:o:o:o
  • Options
    GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cathedral City Chedds - ARGH!! More annoying kids!! :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Has anyone seen the one for Christian Mingle? Odd name - sounds like cockney rhyming slang.

It's a dating site for Christians so, understandably, doesn't feature a hot bird in her underwear a la Be Naughty.com.:(
  • Options
    Super Roux!Super Roux! Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Vanish advertisement that features a woman asking children the various colours of thing. What irritates me, is how it's been dubbed over. I cannot stand advertisements like that.
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    The tampax pearl adverts. Mother nature appears at an inappropriate time, such as when a woman is high jumping or dancing in a white dress. Mother nature then presents her with her monthly gift and tells her she better stop what shes doing. The woman always replies no, i have pearl, then carries on with her activity.

So are we to gather from this advert that the women are already wearing the tampons before they get their surprise periods?
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Has anyone seen the one for Christian Mingle? Odd name - sounds like cockney rhyming slang.

It's a dating site for Christians so, understandably, doesn't feature a hot bird in her underwear a la Be Naughty.com.:(

I think I have seen that advert. Hideous. Surely a site like that would be a real turn-off for most people? It would be for me anyway.
    I can still remember those stupid ads with those pillocks with enormous lightbulbs on their heads :eek::D:o
    "Oooh look, Ocean Finance have got their own TV channel" :o

Ugh they were unbearable. What on earth were they doing sitting in the house wearing lightbulbs on their heads and watching Ocean Finance TV? I couldn't think of anything more pathetic. Oh wait... :D
    I'm not ashamed to admit that I wanted to wear a lightbulb on my head in Apple store. I might do that next time I go there ;)
This discussion has been closed.