Worst advert on TV at the moment (Part 7)

Comments

• SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    c0lefax wrote: »
    "Don't let your feet touch ground.. woahh".. UGH!

Tombola used to be the sponsor for Emmerdale so viewers had to put up with snippets of that song at least four times a night!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nyota wrote: »
    Wow - it's been forever since I last saw a Cash For Gold advert. What happened to those?

Didn't they get found out they was a scam or am I just imaging that?
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any car advert
  • GoCompareThisGoCompareThis Posts: 10,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jackpot Joy - Any advert with Barbara Windsor in it is INSTANTLY muted! :mad:

Go Compare - Great, they've already shown the first version and now we're getting the silent movie one again. AAAAAAAAAARRRGGHHHH!! :mad:

Claim4Refunds - Just piss off! These god awful Powerpoint style adverts make me NEVER want to make a claim with these idiots. The figures quoted in the ad are just blatant LIES and I hate the fake trophies shown at the end! :mad:

Listerine - "Just look at what your mouth goes through.." Hell no! I don't want to watch some guy putting random things in his mouth!

Nurofen - "Excuse me, what can you tell me about Nurofen Express?" Hang on this reminds me of something but I can't quite think *cough*Colgate*cough*...

Halifax - That stupid choir is back singing "I'll Be There" again. Who the hell is going to pay in £1,000 EVERY SINGLE MONTH for a measly £5?! :mad:

Moneysupermarket - I really hate the phrase "You're so Moneysupermarket" and they've brought back that stupid advert with Jeff surfing on an inflatable crocodile!

Nissan Qashqai - I'm not going to buy a car with one of the most stupidest names I have ever heard!

Muller - I can't stand Miranda Hart and this advert is just annoying! :mad:

ALL Film trailers - What is currently grinding my gears about these trailers is the way they say the date incorrectly. "In cinemas June Twenty Two." ARGH! 22nd, it's twenty-second, GET IT RIGHT! :mad:

This week / next week on Hollyoaks - I'm so sick of Channel 4 reminding me of what is happening on Hollyoaks all the time. I don't care, stop shoving this rubbish in my face! :mad:

UPS - "Think what it can do for me, for me, for me, for us, for everyone, for..." SHUT UP! :mad: I thought the "That's Logistics" advert was bad but I'd rather see that one again than this current one.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 272
    Forum Member
    tvbox wrote: »
    The "Old el paso' adverts. Never liked fajitas, and of course it's one of those pseudo-world food things dumbed down for bland taste buds that probably turn out to be made here or in Europe, like Korma or frozen pizza.

I dunno, there's a billboard for them on the Waterloo and City line station at Waterloo and it makes my mouth water at 8.30am. Perfectly placed to deflect the misery of the W&C line.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nyota wrote: »
    Wow - it's been forever since I last saw a Cash For Gold advert. What happened to those?

The PPI adverts are ridiculous. Surely everyone who needed to would have been dealt with by now? Their adverts, telemarketing, and general harassment of the British population is out of control.

BIB: I'm just glad they're gone :D
    Jackpot Joy - Any advert with Barbara Windsor in it is INSTANTLY muted! :mad:

Go Compare - Great, they've already shown the first version and now we're getting the silent movie one again. AAAAAAAAAARRRGGHHHH!! :mad:

Claim4Refunds - Just piss off! These god awful Powerpoint style adverts make me NEVER want to make a claim with these idiots. The figures quoted in the ad are just blatant LIES and I hate the fake trophies shown at the end! :mad:

Listerine - "Just look at what your mouth goes through.." Hell no! I don't want to watch some guy putting random things in his mouth!

Nurofen - "Excuse me, what can you tell me about Nurofen Express?" Hang on this reminds me of something but I can't quite think *cough*Colgate*cough*...

Halifax - That stupid choir is back singing "I'll Be There" again. Who the hell is going to pay in £1,000 EVERY SINGLE MONTH for a measly £5?! :mad:

Moneysupermarket - I really hate the phrase "You're so Moneysupermarket" and they've brought back that stupid advert with Jeff surfing on an inflatable crocodile!

Nissan Qashqai - I'm not going to buy a car with one of the most stupidest names I have ever heard!

Muller - I can't stand Miranda Hart and this advert is just annoying! :mad:

ALL Film trailers - What is currently grinding my gears about these trailers is the way they say the date incorrectly. "In cinemas June Twenty Two." ARGH! 22nd, it's twenty-second, GET IT RIGHT! :mad:

This week / next week on Hollyoaks - I'm so sick of Channel 4 reminding me of what is happening on Hollyoaks all the time. I don't care, stop shoving this rubbish in my face! :mad:

UPS - "Think what it can do for me, for me, for me, for us, for everyone, for..." SHUT UP! :mad: I thought the "That's Logistics" advert was bad but I'd rather see that one again than this current one.

This!
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,373
    Forum Member
    Wonga

Firstly because I find it distasteful to prey upon people in financial difficulties by offering them deals that would make a loan shark puke. But also because the puppets are creepy and promote the stereotypical image of elderly people as doddering old nutters, when many these days are dynamic urbane cosmopolitans on the cusp of modern technology and pop culture.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Go flippin compare, thats got to be on of the worst ads on tv, quickly followed by those where theres blame theres a claim adverts.
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    On the subject of creamy adverts (I thought it was Muller, had to go and check, shows how useful it's been as an ad) is the Ambrosia one based on Annoying Orange. It drove me spare at first but it's (blush) grown on me.....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    dezire wrote: »
    Without a doubt the no1 most annoying adverts are the Direct Line ones. I won't ever use them because of their utter assault on my senses.
    I totally agree.
    Who exactly are Direct Line targeting? Complete idiots who they can rip off because those people don't know any better.
    That stupid woman with her pampered dog and the daft couple with the silly hair styles. Anyone with a brain cell need not apply.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Perle de Lait advert was on just now. I haven't seen it in a while. Soooo pretentious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    The Mars England goalkeeper advert is bad not just because of the poorly put together images and the fact Scott Parker and co are clearly not even in the same place as the rest of the advert but the fact that if a member of the public came on and saved a goal England would not win they would be disqualified for fielding an ineligible player.

This advert doesn't work on any level poorly put together, poorly acted and the concept wasn't thought about.

or perhaps it could have been seen as "just a bit of fun"

I really din't understand why people get so uptight about ads... they're just adverts.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The 02 bumper breaks on ITV2 are doing my nut in. It reminds me too much of that hideous Harvester advert rap.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    The Train Line. With that headache inducing chant of "choo choo choo" and those stupid, overly-excited "dancers" trying their best to freak people out, that advert is a (methaphorical) trainwreck.

grr! I read this post this morning and I have no particular problem with the advert, its just a big piece of cheesy nonsense but reading about it has put the jingle in my head and now I find myself humming it. :(

I dunno how you can't find the dancers funny though, particularly the big fat beardy bloke in the skin tight gold lame... :D or the guy dressed as a mobile phone...
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,149
    Forum Member
    KIA advert bugs the hell out me. Also the Vauxhall advert with that dreadful song by Noel Gallagher.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    steveh31 wrote: »
    The Mars England goalkeeper advert is bad not just because of the poorly put together images and the fact Scott Parker and co are clearly not even in the same place as the rest of the advert but the fact that if a member of the public came on and saved a goal England would not win they would be disqualified for fielding an ineligible player.

This advert doesn't work on any level poorly put together, poorly acted and the concept wasn't thought about.

Exactly! And also the ad requires suspension of disbelief that all the other England players would convert their penalties successfully :confused:
    If England were short of keepers, someone else in the squad just has to put the jersey on.
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    On the subject of annoying girly covers, after the highlights of the England game they had a woman singing a piano cover of "Thriller". I quite liked the piano chords which were quite atmospheric, some of the girl's twee, breathy vocals were dreadful :eek:
    How To Ruin a Classic 101 - MJ is dancing in his grave :(
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The silly kids what colour is this RED, what colour is this GREY no its not its bloody white are you that colourblind sprogs!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    The oreo adverts where the smug little brat eats it like a disgusting animal. Let's all teach our kids to have bad table manners, ey? Just bloody EAT IT, enough with all this licking and twisting already! Yuck!
    Forum Member
    Justabloke wrote: »
    I dunno how you can't find the dancers funny though, particularly the big fat beardy bloke in the skin tight gold lame... .

I love that bit - Bet he went to drama school for years and ended up on that!:p
  • NatterleeNatterlee Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    The random Go Compare ads At least make a new one instead of torturing us with the classics.

Hadn't realised any of their previous 20+ ads were 'classics'....

Ladbrokes...or should I say LAHDBROHKES! GAME ONNNNN!. I don't give a cream tart about the football and I don't care if it's on - actually...

This just drives me insane- almost to 'go c*mpare' levels.. What is it with the shouting and almost crying?
  • NatterleeNatterlee Posts: 309
    Forum Member
    steven1977 wrote: »
    That damn go compare man. JUST GO AWAY!

Could not agree more. I detest these with a vengeance. If it was the last thing to do on earth to save my life even then I would not 'go c*mp#are.'
    Why the current obsession with PPI adverts? If I didnt know about it and it was 10 years ago then thats my own fault.

Again I agree. As a medical person to me PPI stands for 'Proton Pump Inhibitors'- drugs used in the treatment of ulcers. Not aware of any scandals involving misuse/selling of those....
    Forum Member
    CALGON - gone are the days when advertising executives might depict two neighbours casually chatting over the garden fence, expressing disatisfaction with their washing machine's performance. In our digitally advanced era we are more likely to see a simulated 'chat' take place between two simulated 'friends' via their computer monitors. The advert includes emoticons, to further dumb-down and add 'autheticity' to the portrayal of these conversationally deficient non-entities who obviously need to develop interests outside of household chores.

Weightwatchers - Lose weight and you too might join our elite rank of successful, independent, confident idiots who spend their time bouncing down the street with an ethnically diverse ensemble of subordinate 'girlfriends' whilst singing Cherly Cole b-side songs and punching the air enthusiastically.

All Film Trailers - Remember when you could make up your own mind about whether or not you wanted to see a film based on the quality of it's trailer? It seems the advertising men want to put this tradition behind us. Film trailers on ad breaks now focus their attention on broadcasting recommendations from the supposed general public. So we get a few momentary glances of actual film footage and more inane passages of blah blah given by carefully screened and selected morons. In the minds of these ad executives we as consumers are only capable of making an informed decision about going to the cinema to see a film, if we can first see and hear positive reactions from other idiots whom we are supposed to identify with on a superfictial basis. The idiots are winning, indeed.

Philadelphia - It annoys me how the woman over-labours that phrase of 'three fussy boys'. When I first saw this ad I knew (without even seeing a husband and two boys) that this third 'boy' she refers to is a fully grown man. It's not a particuarly new or clever tactic for advertisers to use, yet the way the scriptwriter overworks that phrase - like we were close to missing out on the joke of the century or something - sets my teeth on edge.

M+M's - After what seemed like an eternity of rib-tickling hilarity that ensued after the 'I fancy a snack/get in the bowl/no you get in the bowl' advert, M+M's are back with another pathetic attempt to 'capture the public's imagation' through the medium of televeision advertising. What have they come up with? A desperately unfunny union-jack waving slideshow of shite that showcases some of the most out-dated, crass and pedestrian nationalistic cliches that only the stunted imagation of American advertising executive could muster. Ocourse such a campaign would be incomplete without a dash of 'street' or hipster internet jargon to impress the kids so the term 'epic fail' makes it's way into advert, precisely 18 months after the general populace stop using the phrase alogether.

Walls Sausages - Mildly amusing because of the singing dog, but don't like the patronising suggestion that all 'working class' males are incapable of expressing their emotions and possess a palate refined for only cheap, mass manufactured and nutritionally bereft foods.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pathetic girly singing covers has gone on for too long now. They make me want to punch something. The women who sing these things sound like they can't really be bothered to breathe much or sing out much. Hate them.

All perfume ads are just shit. Why are the men always shirtless or wearing three-quarter-length trousers?

Those Maltesers ads where - oh, my sides - the girls make the two sleeping guys snuggle up to each other. Fancy! Two men getting comfortable with each other.

Dolmio: if I want to buy overly sweet tomato jam, I know who to get it from. Those CGI "Italians" freak me out. Revolting food, revolting adverts.

In fact, I pretty much hate the advertising industry.
  • steven1977steven1977 Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The oreo adverts where the smug little brat eats it like a disgusting animal. Let's all teach our kids to have bad table manners, ey? Just bloody EAT IT, enough with all this licking and twisting already! Yuck!

Then their is the one where she puts on a right sulk and raises her eyebrows at the father for eating it.

Excuse you little brat but who paid for these biscuits. I did!

Whoever makes these ads has obviously never heard of the saying dont play with your food.
This discussion has been closed.