I'm looking forward to Josh's review :D
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm Addicted >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know if I should review the album now or after release.
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    Love Spent is amazing! The first 2/3 sound nothing like the preview, Madonna is definitely setting trends again! :cool::D
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if I should review the album now or after release.

I am trying to find a link to the fully leaked album. Anyone able to help?

I think us Appreciation Thread regulars should review the album on the same day! Perhaps Wednesday March 28th. Gives everyone chance to listen to it on a legitimate basis! Of course though, giving hints towards your thoughts on it is totally acceptable!:D
  • Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    "Gang Bang" is bloody epic in full! Drive bitch! :eek::D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AAAAAAH! :D cannot wait, processing in Play.com Warehouse today!! :D Saturday d i suspect it will be here?? AAAAH!!!! :D cannot wait!
  • Ted2012Ted2012 Posts: 528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys, for those who have it, review it now!!! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ted2012 wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to Josh's review :D

hhahaha...neither can I!

The question is how do i do it??? hmmmmmmmm :cool: ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Guys, for those who have it, review it now!!! :D

I may do it a week after....well during the week, replay replay replay replay to garner an opinion and verdict...sounds like a lot to process :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well i'll look forward to it ;)

I'm not sure what to do, my copy from HMV still isn't dispatching (i know there's still time obviously) but I really want it by Saturday...hmm.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well i'll look forward to it ;)

I'm not sure what to do, my copy from HMV still isn't dispatching (i know there's still time obviously) but I really want it by Saturday...hmm.

Just shows that Play is the way ;)

So glad i did it now :D

Ad i hope that isnt an ironic wink. What i hate is on the other thread...just browsing there BTW, An have sarcy comments there "oh can wait for Josh to review it, the one without an ounce of criticism"....erm...HELLO! :rolleyes: I can be critical you know...but when i love something how can i be critical??? i dont get it lol.
  • BadKid95BadKid95 Posts: 7,137
    Forum Member
    I ignored both the Born This Way and Born to Die leaks so I'm gonna do the same with MDNA, makes the album more exciting along with seeing what you guys think of it :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was being serious Josh! I like reviews in general anyway, so i'll be waiting!

And good on you BadKid, I did the same actually :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    I ignored both the Born This Way and Born to Die leaks so I'm gonna do the same with MDNA, makes the album more exciting along with seeing what you guys think of it :cool:

Totally yeah i felt the same...though i did cave in for Femme Fatale....still magic in album version and not YT "chipmunkified" haha to avoid copyright issues i think lol.

But Ceremonials and Born To Die were more effective for this...so of course i will do it for Queen ]\/[ :cool: cannot wait to hear em all in HQ, blasting in full! :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was being serious Josh! I like reviews in general anyway, so i'll be waiting!

And good on you BadKid, I did the same actually :o

I know you were Ted :) And actually is really nice to hear though.

I sometimes get embarrassed by older reviews when i kinda made a verdict immediately and when i loved it gave it 5 stars :D But recent ones...if i love it i kinda make sure i do enough and how so :D

Cannot wait though. :D
    Forum Member
    Totally yeah i felt the same...though i did cave in for Femme Fatale....still magic in album version and not YT "chipmunkified" haha to avoid copyright issues i think lol.

But Ceremonials and Born To Die were more effective for this...so of course i will do it for Queen ]\/[ :cool: cannot wait to hear em all in HQ, blasting in full! :cool:

Yeah haha HQ cannot be beaten, although sometimes songs sound better when they're higher, not quite chipmunkified, I admit Live to Tell actually sounds fantastic just a little bit higher and yeah Ted keep the hype up! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BadKid95 wrote: »
    Yeah haha HQ cannot be beaten, although sometimes songs sound better when they're higher, not quite chipmunkified, I admit Live to Tell actually sounds fantastic just a little bit higher and yeah Ted keep the hype up! :D

Yeah definitely....i meant that on YT leaks are usually altered vocall and in beats higher until the album is out and it is "ok" to then post the HQ album versions.

But Vocoders in dance influenced music is always effective when intentional :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy Fallon is gonna orchestrate a Facebook interview with Madonna this Friday :cool: how excting!
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's the interview she did with US satellite radio.

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/03/19/madonna-interview-by-larry-flick-sirius/

I don't have time right now to do a full review, but of course I love the new album! (The version I found didn't have Best Friend or Beautiful Killer so my review wouldn't be complete.) It's so much better than HC and even Confessions for me. I pretty much love every song. The only song I'm not wild about is Superstar but that may be because the version I got is in LQ and there's some weird tinny beats on it. It's interesting what she does with her voice on this record. She sounds so different in some places. At the end of Gang Bang she even sounds like she has an American Southern accent which is bizarre but so cool at the same time. The album is eclectic but at the same time it all works together. Some of the songs are kind of edgy and I love how some change in the middle like Love Spent does.

People criticize GMAYL and GGW as singles, but I can kind of see why they were chosen. They are the most mainstream radio friendly songs. A lot of the other songs are much better but in a way there are too eccentric and unique for radio. Radio likes its formulas unfortunately. She did an amazing job of making a pop record but one that isn't predictable and formulaic which is hard to do. I love how the album is honest and confessional but at the same time with a sense of humour and fun.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gigi4 wrote: »
    Here's the interview she did with US satellite radio.

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2012/03/19/madonna-interview-by-larry-flick-sirius/

I don't have time right now to do a full review, but of course I love the new album! (The version I found didn't have Best Friend or Beautiful Killer so my review wouldn't be complete.) It's so much better than HC and even Confessions for me. I pretty much love every song. The only song I'm not wild about is Superstar but that may be because the version I got is in LQ and there's some weird tinny beats on it. It's interesting what she does with her voice on this record. She sounds so different in some places. At the end of Gang Bang she even sounds like she has an American Southern accent which is bizarre but so cool at the same time. The album is eclectic but at the same time it all works together. Some of the songs are kind of edgy and I love how some change in the middle like Love Spent does.

People criticize GMAYL and GGW as singles, but I can kind of see why they were chosen. They are the most mainstream radio friendly songs. A lot of the other songs are much better but in a way there are too eccentric and unique for radio. Radio likes its formulas unfortunately. She did an amazing job of making a pop record but one that isn't predictable and formulaic which is hard to do. I love how the album is honest and confessional but at the same time with a sense of humour and fun.

Thanks for posting the full interview! It is such a fun one :D cannot wait to see and hear more :)

And neat mini-review there even more and more intriguing. AH wow you have teased me with the "wha she does with her voice" part as i feel she hasnt vocally pushed herself before into new areas in recent years...especially not on Hard Candy really like how she always used to. Really chufed it sounds like she is again.

I mean i love distorted vocals/vocoders on Trance/Dance genres but i lvoe it when artists also push themselves a bit and mix it up...sounds like im gonna have a real treat hearing that :D

Also because i love your tastes gigi it makes it all the more interesting to read your views on MDNA too as you personally dislike House/Club influenced stuff so that too intrigues me even more for MDNA :D WAHOO!
    Forum Member
    Jimmy Fallon is gonna orchestrate a Facebook interview with Madonna this Friday :cool: how excting!

OMG that's fantastic! So how would it be? Do we submit questions and can we all go on webcam and watch Madonna answer them?
  • AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just shows that Play is the way ;)

So glad i did it now :D

Ad i hope that isnt an ironic wink. What i hate is on the other thread...just browsing there BTW, An have sarcy comments there "oh can wait for Josh to review it, the one without an ounce of criticism"....erm...HELLO! :rolleyes: I can be critical you know...but when i love something how can i be critical??? i dont get it lol.

Josh, I always commend your optimism. I love your optimism. I may disagree with you sometimes but you are what you are and don't change, ever! You're gonna be OK, you don't care what the people say! You can describe 10 things at once and if they don't like it, you don't give a!

And yes, Processing in Warehouse means we will get it by Monday at the latest. Amazon estimate my boxed set (which I decided to go far in the end) to be despatched Monday! It is released Monday! They should be making sure I get it that day! Otherwise what's the point in pre-ordering!
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You gone for the boxset wizzywick, good good. Enjoy masterpieces in different forms.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    Josh, I always commend your optimism. I love your optimism. I may disagree with you sometimes but you are what you are and don't change, ever! You're gonna be OK, you don't care what the people say! You can describe 10 things at once and if they don't like it, you don't give a!

And yes, Processing in Warehouse means we will get it by Monday at the latest. Amazon estimate my boxed set (which I decided to go far in the end) to be despatched Monday! It is released Monday! They should be making sure I get it that day! Otherwise what's the point in pre-ordering!

Don't worry about it, if you pre-ordered it in good time it will come for Monday! When I pre-ordered Rihanna's TTT, they said dispatch 2 days after its official release and it came on the day! Fingers crossed for the best! I'm in the same boat as you box set wise. All of Madonna's work in one day...wow, going to be a hermit crab that day haha
This discussion has been closed.