iPod/iTunes error messages

FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
Forum Member
I have recently purchased an iPod Nano - I have my music stored in Apple iTunes on my PC and am running Windows Vista. Although my music synced OK and transferred to the Nano without a hitch I did get the following error message -

Attempting to copy to the disk A*****S IPO failed. You do not have enough access privileges for this operation.
iTunes could not save to your Music Folder because you do not have write access. Check the permissions on your Music Folder and folders in your Music Folder, then try copying this file again.

I have just added a new album to iTunes and wanted to add it to the Nano. I got the same error message again and it has taken me about five attempts at synching before the album was added to the Nano. Can anyone advise what this message means and exactly what I need to do to get rid of it so that I have no more problems?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What version of itunes do you have?

I know there are compatability problems between Vista and itunes, and I've read a fair few reports that itunes 7.2 has caused problems too.

Can't help much really, but it may be one of those to blame. You could try uninstalling itunes 7.2 and reinstalling 7, but I don't honestly know if it would help.
  • FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    Purity wrote: »
    What version of itunes do you have?

I know there are compatability problems between Vista and itunes, and I've read a fair few reports that itunes 7.2 has caused problems too.

Can't help much really, but it may be one of those to blame. You could try uninstalling itunes 7.2 and reinstalling 7, but I don't honestly know if it would help.

Latest 7.2 which is supposed to fix earlier bugs with Vista? There are a couple songs in my library in a format that Apple can't convert and I was wondering if that is the problem. It does sync with the Nano but it sometimes seems a bit hit and miss and I have to have a second attempt. Trouble is I got fed up with the warnings about these two songs so I ticked the box "don't show this message again" and now I can't remember which songs they are so can't remove them to see if it makes a difference :eek: