Options

Digital Photo Frames.

I have noticed that all the digital photo frames currently on the market take the digital media cards (sd,cf etc. etc. ).

Why dont they develop one which you can put a disc into it.

I transfer all my photos onto a disc for storage then wipe them off my compact flash card.

Surely they could develop one which takes a cd, as the frames are larger than a cd, so there is room to slot one in.

I am sure others out there also have photos on a disc, you usually get them on a disc if you take them into a camera shop to be developed.

:confused: We want a digital photo frame that you can put a cd in. :confused:

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    busman12 wrote: »
    I have noticed that all the digital photo frames currently on the market take the digital media cards (sd,cf etc. etc. ).

Why dont they develop one which you can put a disc into it.

I transfer all my photos onto a disc for storage then wipe them off my compact flash card.

Surely they could develop one which takes a cd, as the frames are larger than a cd, so there is room to slot one in.

I am sure others out there also have photos on a disc, you usually get them on a disc if you take them into a camera shop to be developed.

:confused: We want a digital photo frame that you can put a cd in. :confused:

I would guess the two main reasons would be bulk and noise - you'd need to add the size of a laptop CD drive to the thickness of the photo frame, which are already quite thick, making it less suitable for wall mounting, and also put up with all the usual CD drive noises while the thing was in use.

Oh, just thought of a third one - cost - adding a CD drive would probably cost more than the cost of a large capacity SD or CF card - so you may as well buy one of those to put your displaying pictures on.