Options

Film that make you cry

Comments

• Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friday 13th (2009) - I cried at the complete and utter destruction of a film franchise I loved and admired :cryingbuckets:
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dumbo
    Bambi

Rocky II
    E.T.

Those are the three classics for films that 'make you cry.'
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    Beaches
    Steel Magnolias
    Kramer -v- Kramer. It gets me every time
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    Of gods and Men, I was still crying sitting in the car. And the fact it was a true story made it worse.

Cocoon , i know it's suppose to be a comedy, but when the old lady dies and the arrogant old men takes her to the swimming pool to try to revive her gets to me every time.
  • Options
    JaymaJayma Posts: 6,418
    Forum Member
    Stepmom - the scenes where Susan Sarandon's terminally ill character is giving her children their last Christmas presents from her, and effectively saying goodbye to them. Has me in floods every time.

Merry Christmas Mr Laurence - the scene where David Bowie's character dies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    It would be a good movie but the movie which makes me cry is Titanic.. I think this one amongst all the romantic movies that has made its special place..
  • Options
    richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott Of The Antartic.

When Oates goes into the blizzard and performs that very British, but very pointless, act of selfless heroism that can be seen variously as either :

1. Sacrificing himself so that his companions will live.
    2. Wimping out and killing himself.

Either way, it's rather affecting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,333
    Forum Member
    Hatchiko, bawled like a baby, such a beautiful story
  • Options
    MrsceeMrscee Posts: 5,271
    Forum Member
    most films make me cry but recently a friend bought me the notebook for christmas and I cried for an hour after that..
    my teenage daughter cried at Beaches and titanic and says she cries when she hears the celine dion song because of the film..I'm thinking it's more the love of music that makes her cry when that song is played :)
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Marley and me
    Pan's Labyrinth :cry::cry: (everytime that gets me)
    Armeggedon
    My Life
    The Green Mile
  • Options
    PhoenixRisesPhoenixRises Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have just been watching Pay It Forward, and having seen it before, I was tearing up from the very beginning by the time I reached the end I was a mess.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,274
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Meet the Parents: Little Fockers.

It makes me cry to think that Bobby De Niro would even consider appearing in this piece of s***!!!

:cry::cry::cry:
  • Options
    SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last two minutes of About Schmidt.:cry::o
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    Imitation of Life
  • Options
    SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    Imitation of Life

Good call. Both versions are pretty emotional. The 50's one always had my Mum in floods of tears!
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Off the top of my head -

Jack
    Armageddon
    Deep Impact
    Marley and Me
    A Walk To Remember
  • Options
    Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    My GF cried at the end of both Gladiator and The Last Samurai, but the saddest one that produced both tears and rage at the injustice of it all was Edward Scissorhands. She refuses to watch Titanic when I told her it was a bit of a lump in the throat film.

Regards

Mark
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    only a couple that I shed a tear too...
    Marley and Me (I know...lol)
    Glory
    Gladiator
  • Options
    NickelbackNickelback Posts: 23,764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bridge to Terabithia
    Sarah's Key
  • Options
    SadeyedSadeyed Posts: 1,265
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from the well known tear jerkers, Beaches, Terms of Endearment, Green Mile etc. I remember crying buckets when I watched The Champ with John Voight and Ricky Schroder and a film (not the TV show), called Without a Trace about a little boy who is kidnapped. The end scene of that had me in floods. I also found Sophie's Choice quite heart wrenching.

And as for Imitation of Life, I remember being about 12 and watching that (the old version), with my mother, and both of us being emotional wrecks. I had forgotten what it was called until I saw the posts about it but it was the first one that sprang to mind when I saw the title of this thread.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any film that wants me to cry does so, I'm so easily manipulated.
    Nickelback wrote: »
    Bridge to Terabithia
    I remembered that this film had McDonalds toys at the time of it's release and adverts full of fairies and happy valley scenes, and it was a PG, so when it arrived on TV I thought it might be a nice film for my six year old daughter to watch.

Then it happened to be on when she wasn't around and the wife and I vaguely watched it. :eek:

It was not the happy fairy land kids film I had expected and I was rather glad we had had a preview. Deciding not to traumatize he we didn't mention it again :p
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Pokemon Movie. Man, when Ash turns to stone, and everyone thinks that's it for him, and then Pikachu starts crying. Man, it was more than my heart could take.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The very end of Juno . Juno and Paulie ,on bed in the hospital. Burst into tears every time .

"It ended up with a chair " :cry:
  • Options
    chimpsy23chimpsy23 Posts: 196
    Forum Member
    Up(damn you Pixar)
    Big fish
  • Options
    Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scum. Specifically, the greenhouse scene.