Options

Samsung Cashback

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Anyone having problems should just phone them and have all the details on hand. I phoned the Currys/PCWorld helpline after not hearing anything about my claims and within 5 or 10 minutes both my claims (for Currys AND Samsung) were validated.
  • Options
    SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toby53 wrote: »
    Just had an email today saying applicaion accepted, cash due in 30days at the most.
    If you have had your cash back does it really take this long?

Pretty much, my first claim was accepted /validated on the 11th December and was paid into the bank today so about 38 days but this claim was an earlier back to college deal that had the 45 day wait so my claim for this one was early.

The second claim for two Tabs were on the current deal with 30 days to wait and these were accepted on the 17th December and were paid on the 15th January so just under 30 days.
  • Options
    NaturalDancerNaturalDancer Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    Initially I put in a claim via the Currys website. I can't remember specifically but on here someone said it refers you to the Samsung website to upload a jpeg of your receipt - I did upload a photo of mine but really don't know whether that was on Currys or Samsung website. I'd had an email from Currys just to confirm they'd received my claim and that I'd hear from them within 7 days - presumably to validate the claim but I didn't hear after 14 days. To be on the safe side I completed a claim form a few days ago on the Samsung website and got an email confirming that. I got an email from them today asking for a better photo which shows clearly the date of purchase and receipt number, which I've done now. I did ask someone at Currys (via phone) about whether they needed to see the whole receipt or should I send two, 1 showing the top half and 1 showing the bottom half as I thought it may not be clear enough, he said just take a photo of the whole receipt! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    Rather than wasting time procrastinating why not put in a 2nd but correct claim?

Also I think that those not giving bank details were asked to phone, which obviously is a profile you fit.

Should of replied earlier but the day after my last post in this thread I had an email saying my claim had been "Validated". :D
  • Options
    coopermanyorkscoopermanyorks Posts: 21,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kept getting the error when uploading the receipt on my laptop

I emailed them and got this reply
    Samsung wrote:

Thank you for contacting Samsung.

I am sorry to hear of the problem you are having with the cash back offer and understand it can be frustrating.

In relation to your question, to access and claim your cash back you can get in contact to us through email or phone.
    Phone: 01584871381

Hopefully the normal land line number may help others

I uploaded the receipt on the New Galaxy Note and it went through and uploaded ok

The claim is at least showing as "Pending" now
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Dear sir /madam I am sending this message to claim my £50 cashback on the purchase of a tablet bought from pcworld on the offer you had. I have recieved the refund from pcworld of £30 and thay have told me to get in touch with you my reciept No is 061133 purchased on the 02/12/2012 could you please give this your attention asap thank you clive stevens.
  • Options
    rockin_plumberrockin_plumber Posts: 125
    Forum Member
    Dear sir /madam I am sending this message to claim my £50 cashback on the purchase of a tablet bought from pcworld on the offer you had. I have recieved the refund from pcworld of £30 and thay have told me to get in touch with you my reciept No is 061133 purchased on the 02/12/2012 could you please give this your attention asap thank you clive stevens.

:o do Samsung read this thread?

But if you enter your receipt number here

https://samsungbacktocollege.com/claims/tablets/track

It will show your status... Which says processed...so you should have your £50 in the next couple of days.

Mine changed to processed Friday and mine isn't in my account yet... I submitted my claim on the 31st December, no problems with my claim... It is after all a free £50.... I don't think Samsung have made things difficult.... Just people being impatient... Lots of people had tablets for Xmas.... Which in turn means lots of clams to process.... Do the maths.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :( Mine's still showing as 'validated'. When I last heard from them they said I should receive the cashback 30 days after that email but to allow and extra 5 working days for it to be processed through the bank! In that case it should be in my bank tomorrow so I expected it to be showing as processed.

"Lots of people had tablets for Xmas.... Which in turn means lots of clams to process.... Do the maths"

When I phoned Curry helpline some time ago they said that all the claims for Currys and Samsung were dealt with in the same office so you would think given I had the cashback from Currys a week ago Samsung's would be processed at the same time.
  • Options
    Toby53Toby53 Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Recived my cash back direct into bank this week, tablet purchased very early December so it does take some time.
    Keep the faith
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :
    When I phoned Curry helpline some time ago they said that all the claims for Currys and Samsung were dealt with in the same office so you would think given I had the cashback from Currys a week ago Samsung's would be processed at the same time.

Just to be clear I am in no way blaming you or sticking up for Samsung..

But you have stated that...

I got an email from them today asking for a better photo which shows clearly the date of purchase and receipt number,

I am sure there have been many thousands of claims to process, and if they have to back-track contacting claimants asking for a photo that they can see properly then this not only slows down your claim but everyone elses as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just to be clear I am in no way blaming you or sticking up for Samsung..

But you have stated that...

I got an email from them today asking for a better photo which shows clearly the date of purchase and receipt number,

I am sure there have been many thousands of claims to process, and if they have to back-track contacting claimants asking for a photo that they can see properly then this not only slows down your claim but everyone elses as well.

I know I was just pointing out that I was told that the claims for both companies were dealt with in the same office so despite there being many claims you would think payment for both would go out about the same time.
    As for my receipt that was the reason I phoned the Currys helpline as I thought I may have to show the whole receipt and they wouldn't be able to see it clearly the person I spoke to just said upload a picture of the whole receipt showing receipt number. I was sure that wouldn't show up clearly so in fact sent two, neither showing the whole receipt as I thought it would be too small, so one showed the top half with receipt number the other showed the amount paid.
    Also I'm not complaining about the wait as I found out long ago how long it may take but the fact that going from their email validating my claim and saying when I would receive the cashback plus adding an extra 5 working days for bank transactions (since when do they take 5 days these days?) I expected it to be showing 'processed' now not just 'validated'.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Mine changed to processed Friday and mine isn't in my account yet... I submitted my claim on the 31st December

......and the £50 was in my bank account today....
    So about 60 days since making a correctly filled in claim.

No problems at all :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got validated strait after new year. I emailed them about 2 weeks ago and this was the reply.

Good Afternoon,

We are awaiting an amendment on the account I have requested this today and as soon as it is done I will contact you as we will need to take bank details from yourself.

Kind Regards

nothing from them since:mad: