Options

Nutribullet - Anyone Got One?

Comments

• Options
    boozer3boozer3 Posts: 2,960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm the same as you. I use spinach and you can't taste it at all when you put it in the Nutribullet....I use quite a lot too!! Cucumber is another good one! I tried kale the other day but that ruined the drink completely...tasted like a garden!!!

Haha. I had cocktail (actually a mocktail as I was driving) in a bar the other day and it had so much leaf in it I said it tasted like a compost heap.

What did you put with the cucumber, may I ask?
  • Options
    ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    On Friday night - I bought a second hand one [ £43 ] in perfect condition
    I collected it from Warrington the next day - on Saturday 22nd November

On return home I made the first few -- Using HALF of :-
    An avocado - apple - banana - beetroot - carrot - - tomato
    2 Stalks of celery
    ALSO in each I added 2 delicious Cherries in a lush thick liqueur syrup [ bought in a jar from Aldi ]
    & about 5 raw whole almonds
    topped Each drink - to the *maximum level line * with water
    and blitzed for about 15 seconds

[ These ingredients - were chopped up - then divided into 2 piles - so it created enough to make 2 tall smoothies ]

The person selling this did not like it and only used it a few times
    She really !!!!! didn't like the thick texture

But >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :) I LOVE THIS 600W Graphite NUTRIBULLET :)
    and intend using it pretty much every day to create
    :p Endless amazingly healthy Combos :p

Today I made the same but also added 1 tsp of Golden Linseeds
    and a handgrab of a bag of [ Lidl's ] Mixed nuts
    = Cashews brazil almonds and hazelnuts =
    yum yum yummmm :)

I intend to use some mixed berries and coconut with my next combos

I use the 2 smaller cups to keep the cut up items ready for the next Smoothie
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite at the moment is:

Banana
    Pineapple
    Ginger
    Spinach
    2 big spoonfulls of Greek Yoghurt
    *Fill up to the max line with half water and half orange juice*.

Tastes incredible!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I forgot to mention, there is now a NutriBullet App! It's amazing. For anyoen with an iPhone or other smart phoen you should defintiely download it...it's free. It's absolutely full of difference recipes. You can also select the ingredients you have and it will then bring up receipes which match your ingredients.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where do you get the berries from? Do you buy them frozen or fresh and then freeze them?
    I'd like to get more fruit and veg into my diet and this sounds like a good way.

Have you tried broccoli instead of spinach?

Broccoli is good but use the stalk not the flower.
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Nutribullet looks like a very impressive little device. I'd get one if it wasn't so ruddy overpriced!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DJGM wrote: »
    The Nutribullet looks like a very impressive little device. I'd get one if it wasn't so ruddy overpriced!

I was lucky as last Friday night - I bought a USED dark granite grey 600w one off ebay . She had It on a 10 day auction Also with a *buy it now* option price for £43
    I collected it myself the next day - on Saturday -off this girl in Warrington who had only used it 2 or 3 times - but she just couldn't take to the textures

Mine was listed as "Used" - >>>>>>>> "Good & hardly used"
    and it really is perfect and looks totally brand new [ without the original box ]
    I got ALL the parts
    The Main motor Section -
    The main extractor blade section - A grinder blade section
    2 smaller tumblers - 1 tall tumbler - 2 grey Lids -&- 2 rims - one handle -
    and a thick little booklet
    The choices of tasty healthy ingredient combos you can discover are limitless

I have used mine every day since I got home with it on Saturday night :p

I can see that *many* other people ---- are still selling theirs /as Used etc - on Ebay too
    I had considered buying a NEW one from Curry's
    as they are offering it for >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> £85
    which is £14 better >>>>>>>>>>> than the usual £99

Good luck
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's something I find REALLY off-putting about the nutri-bullet man on the infomercials. It's between his over-enthusiastic American mannerisms, his horrid goatee, and the prematurely deeply-etched crows feet and overly-baggy shirt which suggests to me he's lost an absolute shitload of weight in a suspicious amount of time with or more likely without the help of said nutri-bullet. Yes, I am very shallow.
  • Options
    peach45peach45 Posts: 9,426
    Forum Member
    Black Friday offer at John Lewis £70 http://www.johnlewis.com/nutribullet/p1723690
  • Options
    Forum Member
    peach45 wrote: »
    Black Friday offer at John Lewis £70 http://www.johnlewis.com/nutribullet/p1723690
    That is a great price for brand new :)
    I guess if you think of it costing £10 a week for just 7 weeks / almost 2 months
    it is great value at £70 because
    you can get good Nutritious and healthy use from it DAILY for years to come :p:p
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I've bought a NutriBullet, haven't used it yet. Just hope it doesn't become another device I don't use. :)

Has anyone used Milk with their fruit and Veg mix? I just wonder if it works or would yoghourt or water be better?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes - since I bought my nutribullet I have used various liguids
    started using just water -
    then used milk
    then bought various milks such as almond , soya ,
    coconut milk and they are all yummy in the more fruity nut combo
    I have even used a full pot of fruity yoghurts and milk or water
    I have even added a little bottle of fruity benecols
    All the results are delicious ��
    hope you have fun trying many combos
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes - since I bought my nutribullet I have used various liguids
    started using just water -
    then used milk
    then bought various milks such as almond , soya ,
    coconut milk and they are all yummy in the more fruity nut combo
    I have even used a full pot of fruity yoghurts and milk or water
    I have even added a little bottle of fruity benecols
    All the results are delicious ��
    hope you have fun trying many combos

Thanks for the advice, I'll give it a try.

Glad you like yours.
  • Options
    QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got one about 4 months ago to get more nutritionally rich foods in my diet, as i don't like strawberrys, raspberrys etc whole.

Asda do a fruit pack that has blueberries, strawberries, and raspberrys for £3, i add some spinach , linseeds and 300ml of milk, and have that a couple of times a week. My skin is better since i've been doing this, plus i love the taste i get cravings for it.

At first i was adding blackberries too and getting each fruit in an individual pack but it was getting very expensive i was spending over £100 a month just on fruit :o so had to calm it down, i did try the frozen packs of fruit but they taste vile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quackers wrote: »
    I got one about 4 months ago to get more nutritionally rich foods in my diet, as i don't like strawberrys, raspberrys etc whole.

Asda do a fruit pack that has blueberries, strawberries, and raspberrys for £3, i add some spinach , linseeds and 300ml of milk, and have that a couple of times a week. My skin is better since i've been doing this, plus i love the taste i get cravings for it.

Is the berry pack you mention?

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-webstore/landing/home.shtml#/product/910001391832
  • Options
    QuackersQuackers Posts: 4,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep thats the one, except mine local store has raspberries not blackberries.
  • Options
    Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In next week's Mail on Sunday they are offering a special offer on a Nutribullet for all readers.

I imagine this will involve either signing up to an offer or collecting tokens, but the word on the street is that it will be on offer for just £50 - that's half price! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well my first concoction didn't turn out too good.

I bought one of those fruit pots from the Coop which had slices of apple, melon, orange and grape in. Mixed with water. It was bland and had bits of grape skin in but I managed to swallow it. It was also very frothy. Won't be using it again.

My 2nd attempt was slightly better. This time I used the Berry pack mentioned above, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, and half a banana, spinach, and a dried berry pack, this time mixed with milk.

Although still blander than I would like, it was more smoother and almost chocolate like. There were still bits in it, such as raspberry or strawberry seeds, but a lot nicer than the first one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Today's smoothie was much better. I used a whole banana, strawberries, more blueberries, spinach, and less milk. It was smoother, thicker and tastier.
  • Options
    Clank007Clank007 Posts: 2,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I knew the Mail on Sunday Nutribullet offer was too good to be true.

Their offer is for a half price Nutribullet KIT which they reckon normally costs £202.89 and we now pay an amazing £99.99. Hogwash!

That Nutribullet kit has been priced on amazon and currys for £120 for weeks now and not at a sale price. To buy the Nutribullet itself costs £100 normally, so the MOS's offer calling it half price at £100 is cack.
  • Options
    Super BanditSuper Bandit Posts: 1,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got mine for £79 in Argos a few weeks back. Great machine, but a little overpriced. It's $55 on Amazon USA right now! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm obsessed with using 0% fat greek yoghurt in everything I make in my Nutribullet. Best thing though is ginger!!!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    Cant praise the machine enough, love it !

I hate veg, of all sorts, cant stand them. Now I have a handful of spinach and Kale, plus half an avocado every day...just put them in the bullet, normally add frozen blueberries frozen raspberries, half a banana if there is one on hand, top up with few walnuts and lovely tasting smoothie...gone for years with simply no veg and now find myself eating (drinking??) loads of the stuff.

To those worried about taste, I know everyone is different, but I am the worlds pickiest eater and I cant detect a hint of spinach/kale/avacado whatever else is in, all i taste are the bluberries and babana :-)
  • Options
    jaymmujaymmu Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    A word of warning, whatever you do don't fill to above the line or run the Nutribullet for over a minute. I blew mine up a couple of days ago because I did. Whoops.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jaymmu wrote: »
    A word of warning, whatever you do don't fill to above the line
    or run the Nutribullet for over a minute.
    I blew mine up a couple of days ago because I did. Whoops.

Awwww ..... Thanks for this warning jaymmu
    but bad news what happened to yours :(