Xbox One release date rumour

SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a509993/xbox-one-release-date-rumoured-for-november-8.html
The Xbox One will be released in North America on November 8, a new report has suggested.

A marketing company that promotes midnight launches for Walmart has leaked the information to Kotaku, revealing that the Xbox One is currently scheduled for November 8.

Good move of true by Microsoft, that's a whole week before the PS4

Comments

• HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The last leaked release date said the PS4 would launch October 21 so I will take this with a pinch of salt until I hear something official from MS.
  • smcbeathsmcbeath Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to put down all my holidays before the end of may. Luckily I went for the first 2 weeks in November, here is hoping that nthe uk gets the same day release:) and that they don't follow sony and launch in the uk 2 weeks later:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The photo in the leak show all the midnight launches with confirmed beside them yet the xbox one doesn't so maybe it's just them speculating. I'd expect MS to try and pull a stunt like that to try and get ahead of Sony but it's only a week, it's probably only for the US and if they're rushing it out to get ahead of Sony we could have the whole RROD situation again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It makes sense. They'd be insane to launch alongside the PS4 so that only leaves two weeks - if they stagger then 8th and 22nd it is.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Err. PS4 releases in America on November 15th - a week later.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    ballybally wrote: »
    The photo in the leak show all the midnight launches with confirmed beside them yet the xbox one doesn't so maybe it's just them speculating. I'd expect MS to try and pull a stunt like that to try and get ahead of Sony but it's only a week, it's probably only for the US and if they're rushing it out to get ahead of Sony we could have the whole RROD situation again.

Well if you don't even understand the causes of RROD how could you possibly suggest this?

The X1 isn't going to get RROD launching 2 weeks earlier.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aj_Whiles wrote: »
    Well if you don't even understand the causes of RROD how could you possibly suggest this?

The X1 isn't going to get RROD launching 2 weeks earlier.
    Well there's no ring on the box for a kick off :p
  • Red ArrowRed Arrow Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does it coming out a week before the PS4 really make a difference? I mean haven't most people made up their minds yet on which one to get?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 198
    Forum Member
    Red Arrow wrote: »
    Does it coming out a week before the PS4 really make a difference? I mean haven't most people made up their minds yet on which one to get?

It makes no difference really, has to release at some point though doesn't it?

As long as they're both before Black Friday.
  • jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    Tbh i don't see the Xbox launching in the EU till December really.
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Red Arrow wrote: »

id say it makes a huge difference, if you are undecided on what to get, or an impulse buyer or even if you have made up your mind. Seeing that console in the shop window or hearing people talking about it may drive you to a purchase.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's going to be next-to-none (if any) available in shops though.
  • MythicaMythica Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    There's going to be next-to-none (if any) available in shops though.

That's a point. It's all well amd good releasimng first, but if you don't have the units to ship, then the only peoople buying are the ones that were going to buy anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    I have both on preorder and found it hard to choose so I decided I am getting the one that comes out first so this is a big deal for me. Both same price for what I want ( well ps4 is about £10 more exspensive!!) both will play the same games I want to play at first. I will get the other late 2014 sometime. So if Xbox beats ps4 to the shops they will get my cash. Balls in their court
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-will-not-launch-on-november-8-after-all-1211069173

So confine 8th november to the bin.

Apparently, customer service reps are being trained up on the console on the 15th, and typical MS procedure means they get trained up a week before the console comes out - so that means the 22nd.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    That CBOAT chap has also said that you will be able to buy and Sell/Trade digital games,:confused:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=663273

interesting.....
    New digital marketplace where you can purchase and sell digital video games:
    -This will be available through the systems’ premium subscription service (such as Xbox Live Gold/Playstation Plus)
    -You will have the ability to purchase and sell pre-owned digital video games.
    -You will have the ability to sell back/trade in your versions of digital games you have purchased.
    -You will have the ability to buy pre-owned digital versions of games through the online marketplace.
    -You will have a variety of prices and features available to purchase for pre-owned digital versions of games.
    -All transactions will take place via digital downloads/transfers within your next generation gaming system’s digital store.
    -New full game digital downloads will still be available, as will physical (disc) versions sold at retail stores/websites.
    -Pre-owned disc versions of games will be able to be played on the next generation gaming system for free.
    -There will be a marketplace service fee charged to the seller when they sell a digital version of a game.

Well, i think that is what he/shes saying, i really don't understand most of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spike305 wrote: »
    I have both on preorder and found it hard to choose so I decided I am getting the one that comes out first so this is a big deal for me. Both same price for what I want ( well ps4 is about £10 more exspensive!!) both will play the same games I want to play at first. I will get the other late 2014 sometime. So if Xbox beats ps4 to the shops they will get my cash. Balls in their court
    Wow, someone wants the PS camera :eek:
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    How is 2nd hand digital game selling going to work, there's no difference between 1st hand download and a 2nd hand download. Unless it will only be between people on your friends list etc.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is 2nd hand digital game selling going to work, there's no difference between 1st hand download and a 2nd hand download. Unless it will only be between people on your friends list etc.
    The same way it works for physical reselling.

You lose access to the game.

They talked about it very briefly - or at least gave it as a potential plus point - of all the non-sense DRM and daily check-in requirements.
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    ^^^ Yes I know you will loose access, but are MS going to let you sell them at any price? I doubt it. So they will set a price, wonder what that will be!
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

How do you work out it is £10 more expensive?
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    He said 'for what he wants'. I'm assuming he wants a camera to play motion based games.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If preorders are running low, there is little chance of any being available off the shelf at launch, so if were to believe the shortages, then releasing a week before Sony won't make the slightest difference. Lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 176
    Forum Member
    munta wrote: »
    How do you work out it is £10 more expensive?

Xbox One(with Kinect) + Fifa 14 £430, BF4 £40 (issh) = £470
    PS4 £350, Fifa 14 £40, PS Camera £50 (yes I want motion gaming), BF4 £40 = £480

I know the prices of the games and Camera are estimates but they are the cheapest they will likely be.
  • muntamunta Posts: 18,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Xbox One(with Kinect) + Fifa 14 £430, BF4 £40 (issh) = £470
    PS4 £350, Fifa 14 £40, PS Camera £50 (yes I want motion gaming), BF4 £40 = £480

I know the prices of the games and Camera are estimates but they are the cheapest they will likely be.

Sainsburys electric PS4 Camera down for £45 so that saves you £5 ;)

But you haven't figured in the cost of batteries for the Xbox one if you are looking for like for like. So that's another £20 for the play and charge accessory :)