Options

Continuous re-booting of Humax 9200T

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
Forum Member
Does anyone out there know whether continuous re-booting of the 9200 is likelyto damage the system software or the hardware?

I have had the box for a little over six weeks now and it has been re-booted very many times as a result of lockups, and no less than nine times in the past three days alone.

Most of the lockups have occurred whilst tuned to BBC channels 1 and 2 although it has happened on other channels as well. It records well if not interrupted and plays back with excellent picture quality but constant interruptions are beginning to cause considerable annoyance.

I have emailed Humax about this problem and am still awaiting their reply but as there are clearly some very knowledgeable people on this forum it is more than likely they can supply the answer. I would be grateful if they would.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 428
    Forum Member
    As long as you leave it a couple of minutes before switching it back on again, you are very unlikely to damage it. The most important thing is to allow the disk to stop turning before you start it up again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    mfmf wrote:
    As long as you leave it a couple of minutes before switching it back on again, you are very unlikely to damage it. The most important thing is to allow the disk to stop turning before you start it up again.

Thanks for the information. I'm afraid that I have not always allowed the disc to stop before a reboot and, perhaps fortunately, it does not seem to have suffered unduly. I have been warned.