Has a black person ever won BB?

Comments

• haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has a Chinese person ever won ?

There haven't been very many Chinese housemates and er... Kenneth Tong was one of them :eek:
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Has a Chinese person ever won ?

I think there's only ever been two Chinese HMs in the entire history of BB. Unsurprisingly then, the answer is No.

Lisa Huo BB7 & Kenneth Tong BB10.
  • TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    A decent human being has never won :(
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    I think there's only ever been two Chinese HMs in the entire history of BB. Unsurprisingly then, the answer is No.

I liked Lisa :)
    Ken .. erm :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »

Where was Kathreya from?
  • Fried KickinFried Kickin Posts: 60,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zeddie wrote: »
    Where was Kathreya from?
    thailand
  • artstuartstu Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Jermaine Jackson and Victor were robbed, but ultimately it shouldn't be about box-ticking.
  • rachael7rachael7 Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Julian winning will put paid to that.
  • artstuartstu Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rachel.
    Forum Member
    artstu wrote: »
    I think Jermaine Jackson and Victor were robbed, but ultimately it shouldn't be about box-ticking.

I'd argue Makosi was most robbed as she was easily better than her competition (Nadia and Shilpa were at least decent housemates) - if there's anyone in retrospect who doesn't think she was a better housemate than gormless dullard Eugene and brainless Anthony, I would be mortified.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    To be fair, there have been some years when I've realised all the black contestents have evicted, or gone, and we've been looking at, for want of a better phrase, an all white house - but there's no conspiracy there, or hidden voting pattern as far as I can tell. There have been a full spectrum of personalities from all races over the years, it's just the random results of circumstances and voting. There's been no lack of contestents, or winners, because the Black population of Britain is something like 2 - 4%. It is far more useful to look at the voting and results from a sex point of view, where 50% of the popuation is female, but how does that pan out as most BB series progress? So I don't think there is any racist agenda in the voting patterns.
  • ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    artstu wrote: »

Victor wasn't robbed. Nadia was always going to win, from around week six. He'd probably have come second if he hadn't shot himself in the foot though.
  • intoxicationintoxication Posts: 7,059
    Forum Member

Rachel BB9.
    Sophie BB10
    Shilpa CBB5
  • gentleguygentleguy Posts: 16,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lue wrote: »
    thats odd , so the black community dont like blue eyes, straightened hair and white foster carers , that seems racist to me.

i think you are taking words out of context. the point is brian stated that he never bonded with his natural family and that he didnt have any close black friends. if a black man straightens there hair and then has blue contacts in reality he is very likely not comfortable in there race.some will argue to the core that micheal jackson didnt want to be white either but he did too many things for people not to think that.
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

What, not even Rachel Rice? I found her extremely boring, but I don't think anyone could claim she wasn't a decent human being. :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    gentleguy wrote: »
    i think you are taking words out of context. the point is brian stated that he never bonded with his natural family and that he didnt have any close black friends. if a black man straightens there hair and then has blue contacts in reality he is very likely not comfortable in there race.some will argue to the core that micheal jackson didnt want to be white either but he did too many things for people not to think that.

This is what I think too. Why would a community accept someone who is categorically rejecting them?
    Forum Member
    sutie wrote: »
    What, not even Rachel Rice? I found her extremely boring, but I don't think anyone could claim she wasn't a decent human being. :confused:

I was being a bit flippant :o

I think the fact that only a handful of winners could be used to argue against the statement does speak volume about the "character" of the various winners. My point was more that I don't think there's much point caring about the winners as 90% of them are godawful anyway (except Rachel <3)
  • sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was being a bit flippant :o

I think the fact that only a handful of winners could be used to argue against the statement does speak volume about the "character" of the various winners. My point was more that I don't think there's much point caring about the winners as 90% of them are godawful anyway (except Rachel <3)

Fair enough. I liked Brian Dowling before he became the presenter - now, not so much. :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MzRebel wrote: »
    This is what I think too. Why would a community accept someone who is categorically rejecting them?

White people curl their hair . tan themselves and speak in Carribbean jargon,there is never any talk of them being rejected by white people. i find it hard to get to grips with black people rejecting Brian Belo for his beliefs,quite unpleasant and biggotted in my opinion.Ive never heard of anyone rejecting someone of their own race.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Re decent humans I think Craig BB1 was ok - although I did want Anna to win at the time. He went in to try and win the prize money to pay for a friend's operation in the states. He did win and did give it to her. He did then go on to release some awful Xmas song but in the scheme of things he was ok.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    rachael7 wrote: »

I second that !
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,512
    Forum Member
    rachael7 wrote: »

I second that.
  • Moomin STFCMoomin STFC Posts: 4,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Re decent human beings - some may say he was boring, but Cameron was a decent human being.
  • AchtungAchtung Posts: 10,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    she wasnt brazilian she was a white lady from portugal.

Maybe he meant she'd had a brazilian.
  • DeccaQuinneDeccaQuinne Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RMole wrote: »
    Was just thinking about past winners and wandered if there'd ever been a black person to win it?

Belo!!!

But he did have a great edit because it was the series right after the Shilpa Shetty racism row & they were desperate to look better.

He was a worthy winner though & maybe he would've won anyway without them singing his praises in every spin off show.