What annoys you most about being part of the gaming community?

Comments

• DavonatorDavonator Posts: 4,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The belief that the more sex, violence and swearing thats put into a game the more adult it is. Thats not adult, it's juvenile and adolescent.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    People who think they can message you telling you, you are crap at the game, especially when they use swear words.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Originally Posted by Alan1981
    Pretty much anyone with a mic on xbox live.
    all mics are terrible.

Mute all is a useful feature. I do miss the days of the k/b. Something PC gaming is good for. I dislike using phones in real life so why would I want to chart with randoms on a mic? I'm anti-social I know...:sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    People that feel the need to tell you how to play.

Keep getting messaged on Blops2 as I like to collect the camo's. Lets face it, a cherry blossom smaw is funny. Trying to do some of the challenges is great fun. Although the smaw Direct Impact took longer than expected, people keep moving :(
  • SpeedloaferSpeedloafer Posts: 2,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dezcore wrote: »

Keep getting messaged on Blops2 as I like to collect the camo's. Lets face it, a cherry blossom smaw is funny. Trying to do some of the challenges is great fun. Although the smaw Direct Impact took longer than expected, people keep moving :(

Messages like what? "Why don't you cap or defend the flag instead of camping in that corner?"
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    The fact that more and more gamers care less about having fun in games and more about boosting their in game stats such as K/D, W/L, and collecting Camos and in game achievments. Often, these people will use any cheap dirty tactic they can, such as glitching, camping, boosting and being a pain in the arse for more casual gamers.

That, and gaming youtube vidoes.Usually with titles such as 'Epic 151 killstreak' or '720 spin jumping quad headshot'

Gaming has become more about bragging then it has about meeting new people and having fun.
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HAs to be the fanboys of respective consoles and pc ones, lol I've no idea what they are trying to achieve :)
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    That people think gaming is childish or makes you a waster. I'm in my 20's and work full time, and I don't think gaming has an age limit. I mean, Mass Effect had a better story than many films I have seen, and you feel much more a part of it than any film. People can think gaming is childish if it makes them feel superior, but they are missing out.
  • cat666cat666 Posts: 2,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Amen.

In World of Warcraft there are 11 classes with 34 different playstyles between them. Even once you narrow down to one of the 34, there are still differing ways to play. The amount of people who say you should take x talent, or use y spell is unreal. Back before the talent changes my friend and Guild Leader got grief for playing a "frostfire" mage. Apparantly he should have chosen either frost or fire. He then proceeded to out DPS the naysayers and get into a slagging match about paying for his acocunt if he wanted to tell him how to play.

We had another guildmate who was too good at whatever he played. Honestly, he was out DPSing everyone, healing without too much overheal, holding aggro on all mobs etc. etc. The trouble was he kept trying to impart his advice onto us all, even without us asking for it. He came across as a knowitall and it was as if he was telling us how to play.

At the end of the day we play our games to have fun, not to be lectured on what we should and shouldn't be doing. Obviously if I'm doing something nooby (like agiltiy gear on a resto druid) then I'd expect to be called up on it, but telling me I should be playing Affliction instead of Destruction because it is the flavour of the month spec is wrong.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for bad losers here, Some people think they are "pro" and if you beat them you must be cheating, Just last night my eighteen year old son was getting abusive messages about his "modded controller" which is just a standard one backed up by a fast finger.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    Another vote for bad losers here, Some people think they are "pro" and if you beat them you must be cheating, Just last night my eighteen year old son was getting abusive messages about his "modded controller" which is just a standard one backed up by a fast finger.

That would be a mod then.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cat666 wrote: »
    That would be a mod then.

What a fast finger is a mod well I never.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,463
    Forum Member
    He4rt wrote: »
    Gaming has become more about bragging then it has about meeting new people and having fun.

It also doesn't help when 90% of people are in chat parties! But that's a different story :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 182
    Forum Member
    Messages like what? "Why don't you cap or defend the flag instead of camping in that corner?"

Playing KC, as I would be going round mostly with the smaw trying to nail direct impacts, still collecting tags and but guess guy was butt-hurt as he was from the enemy team.
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that 90% of gamers are now interested solely in military FPS and their own stats in said military FPS.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    What a fast finger is a mod well I never.

An actual finger, no, the mod called Fast Finger is.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How did COD make its way into a thread about annoying gaming communities.

I heard someone say on a YouTube video, they love MW3 'because its more challenging', is this correct? I'm going way off topic here....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An actual finger, no, the mod called Fast Finger is.

Well it was his actual finger not a mod lol.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amen.

In World of Warcraft there are 11 classes with 34 different playstyles between them. Even once you narrow down to one of the 34, there are still differing ways to play. The amount of people who say you should take x talent, or use y spell is unreal. Back before the talent changes my friend and Guild Leader got grief for playing a "frostfire" mage. Apparantly he should have chosen either frost or fire. He then proceeded to out DPS the naysayers and get into a slagging match about paying for his acocunt if he wanted to tell him how to play.

We had another guildmate who was too good at whatever he played. Honestly, he was out DPSing everyone, healing without too much overheal, holding aggro on all mobs etc. etc. The trouble was he kept trying to impart his advice onto us all, even without us asking for it. He came across as a knowitall and it was as if he was telling us how to play.

At the end of the day we play our games to have fun, not to be lectured on what we should and shouldn't be doing. Obviously if I'm doing something nooby (like agiltiy gear on a resto druid) then I'd expect to be called up on it, but telling me I should be playing Affliction instead of Destruction because it is the flavour of the month spec is wrong.

While I agree with most of what you say, if you are raiding and you are failing on a boss as your raid DPS is too low, and a raid member has left out important DPS talents as he has picked some useless to the raid PVP talent then surely somebody has to say something.

Im speaking from a former GM and Raid leader and was faced with this problem many times, it was never "you have to pick affliction over destro or frost over fire" but more like why are you not doing X move or why have you not got X talent.

Saying that, the above example is for raiding only, if your by yourself you are playing solo you should play how you want, running around naked if you so please, but on a raid your part of a team and if you're DPS you're expected to push out as much DPS as possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    While I agree with most of what you say, if you are raiding and you are failing on a boss as your raid DPS is too low, and a raid member has left out important DPS talents as he has picked some useless to the raid PVP talent then surely somebody has to say something.

Im speaking from a former GM and Raid leader and was faced with this problem many times, it was never "you have to pick affliction over destro or frost over fire" but more like why are you not doing X move or why have you not got X talent.

Saying that, the above example is for raiding only, if your by yourself you are playing solo you should play how you want, running around naked if you so please, but on a raid your part of a team and if you're DPS you're expected to push out as much DPS as possible.

I agree totally, but raiding is a little different to the bulk of the game.

I haven't done much serious raiding but yes, then everyone is expected to be on top of there game. We had a druid in that guild who came to a raid in a mix of agilty/intellect leather gear and thought he could DPS/Heal at the same time. He was removed and politley told to gear up correctly, that specs were not interchangeable and to come back next week. He came back next week with the exact same gear.

For the majority of the current game (solo, 5 mans, scenarios, LFR) then people should be free to pick what they like. Blizzard have helped by making very few talents have a massive impact on the game, or making each tier's talents all have a similar use.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree totally, but raiding is a little different to the bulk of the game.

I haven't done much serious raiding but yes, then everyone is expected to be on top of there game. We had a druid in that guild who came to a raid in a mix of agilty/intellect leather gear and thought he could DPS/Heal at the same time. He was removed and politley told to gear up correctly, that specs were not interchangeable and to come back next week. He came back next week with the exact same gear.

For the majority of the current game (solo, 5 mans, scenarios, LFR) then people should be free to pick what they like. Blizzard have helped by making very few talents have a massive impact on the game, or making each tier's talents all have a similar use.

Yea I was talking about Guild raiding more so than anything else. Being told you are playing wrong (again talking about raiding) is never nice, people will either take the advice and make the change and improve and will see the improvement or take it personal. I guess that is where a good GM or RL makes a difference. Every great and good player was making noob mistakes at one time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheG-Man wrote: »
    Games being released when quite clearly they are buggy and unfinished all due to pushy publishers and there schedules.
    Yeah and when you complain some bright spark pops up to say "if you cant do better, dont say anything"
    As if the only people allowed to complain about a game are ones who could make better ones. :rolleyes:
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I message people saying how good they are:D because I'm nice like that
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mute all is a useful feature. I do miss the days of the k/b. Something PC gaming is good for. I dislike using phones in real life so why would I want to chart with randoms on a mic? I'm anti-social I know...:sleep:

I'm not a fan of the use of mics in pubs in all honesty. If you're playing co-op with friends, fine, but in a pub it's pretty annoying.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of the use of mics in pubs in all honesty. If you're playing co-op with friends, fine, but in a pub it's pretty annoying.

I wear my mic all the time in pubs...the Kings Head has the best beer ! i dont go to the Red Lion I'm barred:D