Lockups and Deleted Channels

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
Forum Member
Me and my dad bought our 9200s within days of each from the same shop. His started locking up almost immediately, mine didn't.

We found a difference between our setups that might be significant. He has deleted some channels from the channel list on his. I didn't deleted any channels but just used the Favourites feature instead to just filter out the channels I want to see. Now he has done factory reset, not deleted any channels and has started using Favourites, the lockups have stopped.

I'd be interested to hear if this works for other people

Gareth

Comments

• chrisdorchrisdor Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I deleted some channels when I set mine up so might give this a try. Do I just do a re-scan for channels or do I have to do a factory reset? If so I won't lose any recordings will I?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Hi
    I don't know for sure whether it does delete all recordings. I'll ask my dad tonight and post the reponse here RSN.

Cheers
    G.
  • ChrisHayChrisHay Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    chrisdor wrote:
    I deleted some channels when I set mine up so might give this a try. Do I just do a re-scan for channels or do I have to do a factory reset? If so I won't lose any recordings will I?

If you re-scan to get all the channels back, that is all it will do. It will not affect your other settings or existing recordings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisdor wrote:
    This thread puts forward an interesting theory and the idea would seem to be well worth trying by anyone suffering from frequent lock-ups.

I have done a factory reset and this did not lose the recordings already made.

However it did clear the list of scheduled recordings, so you need to take a note of these and set them up again.

It also, of course, clears any settings that you have changed from the default setting such as the 4/3 aspect ratio and the commercial break skip time. So again you need to note these and set them up again.

Unless you have a long list of scheduled recordings a factory reset is quite simple and easy and probably the best way of setting up your box again to try this theory out.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Might give this a shot too .. only seems to be BBC1 or BBC2 that it's affecting on my box.

Coming home from work to find it died at 9:30am etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    My theory that deleted channels might be causing lockups is looking a little shaky. Mine was fine for two weeks, but in the past week I have had about 4 lockups for no good reason :( Ah well, looking forward to the next update...

Gareth