Options

L!VE TV starts test transmissions

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Thanks - it's good to be back.

Yes there will be some new content but this will happen over the coming months. If you do have any ideas, please feel free to email them to info@livetv.co.uk. I can't promise anything - because as you can appreciate we will be getting loads of emails of this kind - but we will definately look at it.

Also, you should keep checking the website - www.livetv.co.uk. It'll be up and running on Monday and we will be adding to it as time goes on. There will be some great pics of many of the presenters (including some pretty sexy ones) plus some other surprises.

Happy viewing!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by news bunny
    Dear All

The best thing we ever piloted at the original Live TV was a stuttering newsreader, but it was considered too funny to broadcast -this time we'll have no hesitiation.

Isnt that a bit of an insult to all the stammers out there?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Not at all - the whole idea came about because we found out that stutterers couldn't get a job as air-traffic controllers and we felt that they were discriminated against. So we decided to give them a chance at something equivalent. Anyway, the show was done as a pilot but powers that be decided not to go head with it . [This is really a true story]

See the thing about L!VE TV is that we don't believe in being malicious. If things seem a little strange - like Rusty the bouncing dwarf - they are - but in no way meant to offend.

But can't stay and chat - got to get back into the studio. You know I'm filming new episodes of the Bunny Bulletin...
  • Options
    WhatadayWhataday Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Not at all - the whole idea came about because we found out that stutterers couldn't get a job as air-traffic controllers and we felt that they were discriminated against. So we decided to give them a chance at something equivalent. Anyway, the show was done as a pilot but powers that be decided not to go head with it . [This is really a true story]

Well it's not really a true story, is it? The whole idea one of Kelvin Mackenzie's cunning stunts to get some more column inches. You should know about that Mr Bunny.
  • Options
    GonzoTheGreatGonzoTheGreat Posts: 4,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to be the news bunny once ............ of course i only ever usually admit that to my therapist ! :rolleyes:

Good luck L!VE - watch out re-using Rusty Goffe's stuff, he was with Equity y'know ! I always thought membership there was grounds for an immediate sacking before but apparently midgets got more concessions than the other talent, not least of which use of their own personal trampoline !

So how the heck is the rabbit being used ? Surely they can't afford to do 'real' news again ? Rhodri is gonna have trouble coping with all this - poor guy, shown publicly in pantaloons again ! (always thought the Ruth Madoc eps were funnier though, albeit she wasn't intentionally trying to be funny but still - BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL PEDRO PAELLA, the people who imitated him were never as good !)

Gonzo
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,794
    Forum Member
    Yes there will be some new content but this will happen over the coming months. If you do have any ideas, please feel free to email them to info@livetv.co.uk. I can't promise anything - because as you can appreciate we will be getting loads of emails of this kind - but we will definately look at it.

Will News Bunny be on from launch?

Hope so! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Chris E
    Will News Bunny be on from launch?

Hope so! :)

Yes I'll be back from Monday- you'll be able to see me at the beginning of every hour from 7am till 10pm. Hope you don't get sick of me...;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes I'll be back from Monday- you'll be able to see me at the beginning of every hour from 7am till 10pm. Hope you don't get sick of me...;)

I don't think i'll get sick of you :)

I've never seen News Bunny before, but it sounds very unique!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    So is the news bunny going to have real news on the hour, or just repeats?
  • Options
    GonzoTheGreatGonzoTheGreat Posts: 4,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Careful taking this whole newsbunny persona too far, one minute you're just a sweaty bloke in a suit, the next you're talking as him - the following week you find yourself in the 'News Of The World' caught in costume receiving sexual favors from Jordan !

Thinking about what you guys have amongst the library there - i'd bring back 'Bunny Bingo' to make some revenue (people pay premium rates to register for each game). Obviously 'Archer' and 'Why Files' are both musts - especially as they are making so much $$ off clone 'Most Haunted'. Rather than just smutty or tabloidy stuff i'd like to see L!VE be a good rival for Living during the daytime - not just 'Canary Wharf' but 'Mind & Body' with that hippy Julian guy isn't too dated, and 'Psychic Pets' was fantastic (never have so many cherished animals died within the confines of a TV studio). 'Living Room Legends' and that pop quiz with the tribute bands were ok all things considered.

I always thought L!VE was going in the right direction creatively around the middle (96/97) when it was more about just good cheap but catchy telly formats than the sex or publicity although obviously there was still the Sex Show but that was about it. I remember a documentary called 'Life After Live' which showed up all the old presenters, and a really crappy awards show. Most of the filler stuff - Looking For Love, Sports Shows, Videobox, Fate & Fortune etc etc must be useless now, either dated or riddled with references to old telephone numbers. Sheesh, can't believe i have fond memories of that place now, they were good days.

So whats the current launch programme line-up/schedule ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    Bunny Bingo would be a good way to get some cash.

Seem to remember a birthday special that had on Richard Whiteley which lasted all day?.

also hope youve managed to find Phillipa Gant - have you got all the archive newsy?
  • Options
    Tumble weedTumble weed Posts: 8,200
    Forum Member
    L!VE TV has reverted back to their previous DOG but this time it doesn't keep changing to the pink ! (Much better looking IMO).
    :)
  • Options
    Tumble weedTumble weed Posts: 8,200
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by astra19E
    Did L!VE TV once show Judge Judy?
    Yes but when L!VE TV closed ITV2 took it up.
  • Options
    WhatadayWhataday Posts: 281
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Tumble weed
    Yes but when L!VE TV closed ITV2 took it up.

Actually, LivingTV took it up before ITV2.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by GonzoTheGreat
    Careful taking this whole newsbunny persona too far, one minute you're just a sweaty bloke in a suit, the next you're talking as him - the following week you find yourself in the 'News Of The World' caught in costume receiving sexual favors from Jordan !

So whats the current launch programme line-up/schedule ?

Trust me, I've never been a sweaty bloke in a suit....

But to answer your question about schedule - you can expect to see a lot of the old favourites...Canary Wharf, Indecent Proposals, Topless Darts, The Why Files, Agony and even Martika and friends in Body Heat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by bri_ni
    So is the news bunny going to have real news on the hour, or just repeats?

There's going to be some repeats but not all of its going to be news....we're doing some comedy sketches as well - at least we think they're comedy but guess you guys will be the judge of that.:D
  • Options
    Radio RuderhamRadio Ruderham Posts: 13,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Open Message to all awaiting the Relaunch of L!VE TV
    L!VE TV. FOR THE MENTALLY VACANT.
    BRAINS NEED NOT ENGAGE.

..................msg ends. :D:) TCHUSS:) :D
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by Radio Ruderham
    BRAINS NEED NOT ENGAGE.

Should have an audience figure that will beat BBC and ITV put together regularly every night:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRAINS NEED NOT ENGAGE.

Ah finally a channel i can watch, BUT I STILL DONT HAVE SKY :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Will more programmes be added to the schedules over time?

Also, is the channel 24/7? I've seen it on air at 1:30 but have also heard that it used to close down at 2am?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i had it on cable and i know that once when i got up at around 5AM it wasnt on, just either a blank screen or a testcard, i dont know what time it used to close because i was only 8 when i last saw it, bed time for me then was at 8:30 :(
  • Options
    Radio RuderhamRadio Ruderham Posts: 13,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by Gohadz
    i had it on cable and i know that once when i got up at around 5AM it wasnt on, just either a blank screen or a testcard, i dont know what time it used to close because i was only 8 when i last saw it, bed time for me then was at 8:30 :(

I know why you were up,not for a drink of water, but as the channel was blank I can bare that.
    Lets have L!ve tv with nothing on but Grey Scale, and tone..All those in favour say aye!
    AYE!!!!
    :D:D Tchuss!!:D :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know why you were up,not for a drink of water, but as the channel was blank I can bare that.

Why dont you just ignore it? Is somone forcing you to watch it?

Digital TV's all about choice so if you don't like L!ve, don't watch it - simple as that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    actually if memory serves me well i wanted to watch cartoon network at that time of the morning, but it started at around 6AM, i dont know quite how i got up at that time though!

(and btw im talking about 1996, no digital TV back then, only analogue cable and analogue satalite)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey newsbunny .....

if your looking for a new DOG for Live TV, then I would recommend the large purple exclaimation mark, in the top left hand side, with the words live going vertically down the large upper part of the exclaimation mark, and the words TV going horizontally across the dot part of the exclaimation mark. Oh and keep it purple - it's still part of the old image of Live TV.

and good luck :)