Is 'Read All About It' UK's answer to 'Empire State Of Mind'?

XFactorFanatic1XFactorFanatic1 Posts: 1,784
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Very similar but yet so different. Both Emeli and Alicia worked with rappers on both songs and later release there own stripped back version of the songs. I love both songs though.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    It seems to be a formula that works. Rihanna also sang the chorus to Love the Way You Lie and recorded her own version for Loud. I'm surprised we haven't seen another version of Airplanes by Hayley Williams (I'm assuming there isn't anyway).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    All we need is Christina's Castle Walls Part II (or III).

Also does nobody remember Dido's Thank You after Stan? She was doing this before it was cool lol.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PythonFang wrote: »
    It seems to be a formula that works. Rihanna also sang the chorus to Love the Way You Lie and recorded her own version for Loud. I'm surprised we haven't seen another version of Airplanes by Hayley Williams (I'm assuming there isn't anyway).

There is a part 2 to Airplanes but it's not stripped back like the part 2s of the 3 other songs mentioned so far.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member

There's a part 2 with Eminen added (i thought)
  • urt31urt31 Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bizzle wrote: »
    All we need is Christina's Castle Walls Part II (or III).

Also does nobody remember Dido's Thank You after Stan? She was doing this before it was cool lol.

Dido recorded Thank You before Stan, Eminem originally just sampled the chorus but it turned into a collaboration.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like these new singing versions of rap songs. I also think that "Read All About It" is the most overrated track this year, despite it being released in 2011. There wouldn't have been the fuss over it had Emeli not performed her version at the Olympics and I don't get the connection. Whiny chav Professor Green does not represent the nation! :p
  • pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I thought earlier how similar it was to love the way you lie
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda, but more like Love The Way You Lie I think, because of the dark lyrics.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I remember when Love the way you lie was in the charts it was extremely similar to Airplanes which was around at the same time- even with the same producer Alex da Kidd. However, Airplanes is a much better track - much more understated than the tedious Eminem/Rihanna combo.

Read all About It, I can take or leave the duo but do like the solo version. Emeli Sande has a great voice and shows a lot of emotion. Nice to hear such a stripped down, piano led track doing so well.
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lyrically, the professor green`s version reminds me of eminem`s `cleanin` out my closet`, but yeah, it does follow a trend where the collaborating vocalist releases a solo version of the song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member
    It certainly tried very hard to be the UK's answer to LTWYL.