Jesus Camp

12346»

Comments

• hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    llamajohn wrote: »
    you been brainwashed!

quick, watch some south park..or talk to a gay!

Oh and i am gay, hehe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44,323
    Forum Member
    Oh and i am gay, hehe
    that ok then, just look in the mirror and whisper to yourself "shame on me" :p
  • dizzy_starshinedizzy_starshine Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Super Frog wrote: »
    Told you the camp has been "discontinued" after negative reactions from people seeing the film. Also had a bit that since 2006 old Ted has had himself a bit of man love and left the church.

Thank you
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Super Frog wrote: »
    Told you the camp has been "discontinued" after negative reactions from people seeing the film. Also had a bit that since 2006 old Ted has had himself a bit of man love and left the church.

So much more succinct than my long winded version! :D:D
  • hopeandfaith06hopeandfaith06 Posts: 17,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that ok then, just look in the mirror and whisper to yourself "shame on me" :p

LOL:D
  • dizzy_starshinedizzy_starshine Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Did anyone else laugh at the camp behind held at Devil lake?
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thatwas really frightening. He was right about one thing though, the age of liberalism is dead. People are becoming increasingly intolerant the world over. :(

That said I especially liked the postscripts about the chief pastor and the fat woman.......that was the best bit! :D
  • StaunchyStaunchy Posts: 10,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like the camp commandant to explain to me what an extreme liberal is? Is that even possible?
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone who reads Harry Potter
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At first you wonder why this kind of thing is even allowed to happen. Then you hear them talking about being God's Army (as opposed to Dumbledore's Army ;)) going to war and then pulling out that cutout of Bush (the president, not pubic hair) and it hits you like a ton of bricks that this is one huge money-making propaganda scam that takes some of its cues from Nazi Germany!

So many people hate Bush (again, the president, although you may also hate bush, as in pubic hair...) they have to resort to this?? I'm surprised the cutout didn't have a rubber penis on it so they could force the kids to fellate it (that may sound bad but that group was seriously only one step away from that!). And yes let's brainwash our kids with war in preparation for the future. If we breed war that's all there'll EVER be. Maybe it's too late already.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he has awful long hair for a christian.
    all this crying kids, harry potter is bad stuff is weird.
    at least this is in the US, not the UK.

well Jesus had long hair.

seriously, I missed this. I didn't know it was broadcast in North America in the first place. I will look it up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    I watched this last year and i think i sat open mouthed through the whole thing. Shocking and really kind of scary!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    I've taped this to watch and it sounds interesting, but is this a cut down version of the film that was released a year or so ago?

According to my scheduler last night it was only an hour long, say just under 50 minutes when you exclude the ads, whereas the film in imdb claims to be 84 minutes.

That's a lot of cuts!

Or was it a similar programme with a similar name?
  • evangeline007evangeline007 Posts: 2,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the best channels om cable for me are the God channels. Always grabs me.
  • kobiashimaruxkobiashimarux Posts: 8,619
    Forum Member
    Bunch of sad child indoctrinating freaks. Devil's lake eh? LMAO The bible should carry a government health warning the amount of horror in it.
  • soteksotek Posts: 3,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The really frightening thing is that Muslim extremists are undoubtedly doing the same things to their children. Really the sooner someone invents a cure for the disease of religion the better.
  • spangledanglespangledangle Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love the fact that bible bashers pick and choose what to follow & ignore in the bible.

a) When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord (Lev 1:9). The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

b) I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

c) I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanliness (Lev 15:19-24). The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

d) Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighboring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

e) I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

f) A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an Abomination (Lev 11:10), it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don't agree. Can you settle this?

g) Lev 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

h) Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev 19:27. How should they die?

i) I know from Lev 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

j) My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? (Lev 24:10-16) Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

Glad to see you know Leviticus so well. Did you not bother to carry on reading into the New Testament. :rolleyes: you seem to be the one suffering from selectivitus. ;)
  • spangledanglespangledangle Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mpreed wrote: »
    I've taped this to watch and it sounds interesting, but is this a cut down version of the film that was released a year or so ago?

According to my scheduler last night it was only an hour long, say just under 50 minutes when you exclude the ads, whereas the film in imdb claims to be 84 minutes.

That's a lot of cuts!

Or was it a similar programme with a similar name?

According to Michael Underwood :o it is from the same American version that apparently won an oscar last year.

I didn't watch this and it sounds rather disturbing (how unlike C4 to focus on the radical fringe :rolleyes:), but all I'll say is there are hundreds of kids who go to Christian camps every summer in this country and have a gret time, and it's nothing like what appears to have been going on in this case.

I went to one when I was 9 years old and had a great time - plenty of activities, no indoctrination or pressure, just a simple presentation of the basic Christian message which was enough for me to commit my life to Christ and become a Christian.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 411
    Forum Member
    If you like preachers you`ll love this guy !!:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMbIElTpCjo