Options

Dianette - side effects?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,783
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just recently started taking Dianette (co-cyprindiol) and have been fine up until a few days ago when my skin started to get really itchy and just feels generally very sore. I also feel VERY nauseous in the morning, almost to the point where I could actually throw up. I haven't taken my pill today and already I feel much better but I don't know whether that is just psychological..?

Are these normal side effects or should I go back to my doctor and try something else?

Comments

• Options
    LilianaNFCLilianaNFC Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    I was taking that pill and for me it was so bad i had to change it, make me really sick to the point even looking at the pill used to make me feel sick. i put up with it for a while to see if would blow over and it was just the initial stages of taking it but it didn't subside, it just didn't agree with me.
  • Options
    PunkchickPunkchick Posts: 2,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I took these a few years back and they gave me terrible acne, and I felt quite sick and lethargic, plus put on 2 stone in weight. Swapped to a different one and was fine, acne cleared up (only time I had ever had spots, didn't even have any as a teenager), plus the 2 stone I had put on just dropped right off again without dieting or anything. Go and see if you can change them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    Side effects only affect some people - if you are badly affected, there are many other contraceptives you could use - see you doctor.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Punkchick wrote: »
    I took these a few years back and they gave me terrible acne, and I felt quite sick and lethargic, plus put on 2 stone in weight. Swapped to a different one and was fine, acne cleared up (only time I had ever had spots, didn't even have any as a teenager), plus the 2 stone I had put on just dropped right off again without dieting or anything. Go and see if you can change them.

Okay thank you, I am definitely going to go back to my doctor. I have been on a different pill before so I might ask if I can go back on that one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    i have been taking dianette for four months now, and have a couple of days of VERY intense nausea at the start of each pack, but it soon settles down.