Options

Amazing voice on that little 11yr old

Comments

• Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    over rated kid who came out dressed like a little girl... and yet belted out a song about having quick hot random sex with a stranger....

Was it only me looking down at her little girl shoes... as these lyrics came out and .... CRINGING !!!
  • Options
    junipairejunipaire Posts: 3,517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You couldn't really hear her much from all the clapping and shouting during the song, at least wait till she's finished to clap.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was great, excellent voice! For an 11 year old, she has a really big voice and I'm sure she will sound even better when she's older.
  • Options
    PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    junipaire wrote: »
    You couldn't really hear her much from all the clapping and shouting during the song, at least wait till she's finished to clap.

Absolutely agree . I posted that during the show , the bloody audience whooping and clapping and screaming before she finished was awful
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glad I'm not the only one to comment on girls singing inappropriate lyrics. Do they actually know what they are singing? Good voice tho'
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    She has a good voice (though with too much vibrato for my taste), but I really don't like children singing like adults. I find it a bit creepy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    junipaire wrote: »
    Absolutely agree . I posted that during the show , the bloody audience whooping and clapping and screaming before she finished was awful

I thought you could hear every word loud and clear!
  • Options
    kayceekaycee Posts: 12,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought she was a very likeable little girl; looked beautiful apart from the ghastly shoes which the camera kept picking up on (they made her feet look huge!)

But her performance did little for me though clearly she has potential of having a great voice, if she gets some GOOD vocal training. I agree with what has already been said (somewhere above) if she doesn't get proper training she is likely to ruin her vocal cords for ever by trying to sing at a pitch that is not presently natural for her ability.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tawe wrote: »
    CAnt remember her name, but what an amazing voice tht little 11 yr old had ......a superstar of the future

Her singing was awful. OK for karaoke but that's all. She was straining her vocal cords beyond believe and singing from the throat and nose - a really bad technique.
  • Options
    gcmacgcmac Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She reminded me of Jessica Sanchez from last years American Idol. She had been on AGT a few years before and had done ok, but when she auditioned for AI when she was 16 her voice was so much better and she went on to be runner up. I think Arisxandra should wait a few years and her voice will be even better. Although she was fantastic I think song choice for the semi-finals will be crucial.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    gcmac wrote: »
    She reminded me of Jessica Sanchez from last years American Idol. She had been on AGT a few years before and had done ok, but when she auditioned for AI when she was 16 her voice was so much better and she went on to be runner up. I think Arisxandra should wait a few years and her voice will be even better. Although she was fantastic I think song choice for the semi-finals will be crucial.
    Yes, she was like a younger Jessica Sanchez. I agree they should be more careful about song choice next time round.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    I think she needs a more suitable song for the next round.

Still stand by the fact that Shaheen and Ronan are my favorite kid singers to have ever been on the show.
  • Options
    myoldmatemyoldmate Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hassaan13 wrote: »

Still stand by the fact that Shaheen and Ronan are my favorite kid singers to have ever been on the show.

Natalie Okri is my favourite.
  • Options
    HMOHMO Posts: 42,223
    Forum Member
    myoldmate wrote: »
    Natalie Okri is my favourite.

And she was screwed over at the semi's. Another instance of 'I was made to sing that song'.
  • Options
    myoldmatemyoldmate Posts: 1,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but it wouldn't have made a difference, that was a strong year what with Stavros Flatley, Susan 'overrated' Boyle and Diversity she never stood a chance anyway.

Just hope she comes back again sometime in the future.
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    Ronan Parke was made to sing an unsuitable song (IMO) in the final (?) when he did Make You Feel My Love. It just didnt feel right. Anyway he had no soul, sadness or emotion when he sang it. Even though Adele didnt write it, when she sings it, it makes me want to cry, you feel she lived through that song :cry:
  • Options
    katiemackkatiemack Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    It seems the lovely people at the daily mail agree with some of you...I'm going to guess that the article goes ott with it although I'll admit it wasn't a great choice!!

https://mobile.twitter.com/suttonnick/media/grid?idx=9&tid=323543319370166272
  • Options
    TenesmusTenesmus Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    She should have sung something a little more anodyne and contemporary, perhaps in the charts.

Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead?
  • Options
    ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    No matter how good her voice is I am not a fan of child stars. let them have their childhood and if they have the talent it will still be there when they are older and better able to cope with the pressures of the harsh entertainment industry

This 100%
  • Options
    Forum Member

Ronan was too twee for me and he also sang songs that were far too adult for him. Shaheen was great, though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They'll have doing Relax by Frankie Goes to Hollywood.
    Sick show.
  • Options
    MissCultureMissCulture Posts: 704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't like children singing like adults either - I saw two very ambitious parents there in the wings. Too OTT at the end of the song...once a singer begins contorting their face and showing their tonsils it becomes unattractive to watch in my opinion.
  • Options
    soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was an ok performance but did anyone else notice the comments that Simon made were almost word for word what he said to Carly Rose Sonenclar on the latest American X Factor? The one about it not possibly being her singing and not being human?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU_dBDccruI

I do agree with others that the song choice was a little odd but it could have been chosen to show off her range and they weren't necessarily thinking about how the content would be perceived.
  • Options
    lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    I really didn't like her singing. She seems cute and that so happy for her but the song was too old for her in terms of both lyrics and style of singing. Why can't children just be children?
  • Options
    lovecat86lovecat86 Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    I don't like children singing like adults either - I saw two very ambitious parents there in the wings. Too OTT at the end of the song...once a singer begins contorting their face and showing their tonsils it becomes unattractive to watch in my opinion.

Glad I'm not the only one! :)